30%
  • Mousin Around 31 votes
    32%

(96 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190929_233433 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scupbucket.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I currently have a lovely Fish Tales that I got in a trade and now looking for a nice system 11 that would play nicely next to it, or specifically, something that would have some longevity in a two game collection. Right now it's a toss up between Taxi, Earthshaker, or Mousin Around. I'm a HUGE fan of Taxi and Mark Ritchie games but I think Taxi might be too similar to Fish Tales with the fig8 ramps although I've always wanted one... the sounds and music are some of my favorite in a late 80s pin and I love the challenge of picking up passengers. I like the look and feel of Mousin' Around after playing it out in the wild but it's a rare title that's really hard to find in good shape. Earthshaker is a good stop/go type of game and I haven't owned a Lawlor game yet. Which would you choose to go next to Fish Tales?

#21 4 years ago

Wow this is a close one! Thanks for all the input... I'm kind of leaning toward MA but as mentioned, it's a rare game and finding parts (unless by some miracle one pops up in beautiful shape) might be hard to come by. These titles don't pop up too often to begin with around these parts so availability might have a lot to do with it.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Whirlwind is the overall best game up to that point in time in the entire history of pinball. Is that what you should buy? Probably not because it may not make you a happy pinball owner and, using that thinking, you should just buy Funhouse, or AFMr for that matter.

Very good point... There's a Whirlwind at an amazing pinball joint here in town, Pocketeer Billiards, and I've played it a lot (and on Pinball Arcade too) but for some reason I can't fall in love with it like some other games of that era. It's definitely a fun game though. If I had the cash I'd be all in for a Funhouse. That's a bit out of my price range at the moment, but some day. Some day...

Quoted from supermatt:

you could flip a coin between it and Taxi and either way you would come out with a solid game.

That's kind of where I'm at now. Off to find a quarter!

2 weeks later
#44 4 years ago

Thanks for all the advice and help, everybody! I found a really really really nice MA... I did a pretty good job of convincing myself to eventually pick up the other two titles as well and start a support group, "The Order of Broke Ass Pinball Owners". Meetings will be every Wednesday and Friday. Bring your own snack.
20190929_233433 (resized).jpg20190929_233433 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 109.00
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scupbucket.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-earthshaker-or-mousin-around?tu=scupbucket and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.