• 21 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by RCA1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20130312_214758_resized.jpg
20130223_180512_resized.jpg
display.jpg
IMG_1487.JPG
IMG_1484.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blizzak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 6 years ago

However, I see nothing visually apparent in the displays to suggest they're outgassed either -- but I haven't had much luck sourcing information or photos on what one should look for.

If the display is outgassed, you usually see little white / gray dots scattered throughout the display. I found a photo that shows a typical example.
display.jpg

Also, can I put my known working Whirlwind display in the Taxi even though Taxi has the additional side display?

I did this when I got my Taxi. It's been a while so I don't remember exactly but you have to remove some resistors from the display board. This is because the jackpot display "steals" the segments from the lower display (that's why the lower display isn't alphanumeric!). If you compare the display board from whirlwind and taxi, you should see where there are a few missing resistors.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Sale Pending!
Summerville, SC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blizzak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside