IMG_1131 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_5287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpg
IMG_7112 (resized).jpg
IMG_0803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0802 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6921 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider practicalsteve.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 10 years ago

I read in another thread CPR is going to put out a repro mirrored backglass for Taxi soon! Not a translate, and actual back glass. Its going to be really hard not to dip into the pin fund to get one of those!

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

It was Stu from CPR that said so. Should be true and very cool.

Seriously, going to take all of my willpower not to buy one. If my Taxi was in much better shape I probably would, but cabinet is a little beat and PF does have some wear. At least that is what I am telling myself so I keep saving my $$$. Not complaining, love my Taxi and it is in fine condition for its age.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Anyone working on any tweaks?

Has anyone adjusted the ball drop flap in the spinout? My ball has been sticking in there a little bit, and then dropping a second or two (or three) later than expected... Looking for a possible easy fix before I fully remove the spinout...

-mof

Hmmm nothing of that nature. I finally got the spinout to shoot past all of the awards back to the measily 5k on a full plunge (previously I would get maybe to the fourth award on a full plunge) so I wont even think about touching it until it acts up again.

2 weeks later
#29 10 years ago
Quoted from muzikman:

the ball has gotten stuck inside the bottom right jet bumper. Any ideas why that's happening and what I can do to address it? Thanks!

I kind of don't understand exactly where you are talking about, can you take a picture?

#34 10 years ago

Ahhhh thats actually called the slinghot, the jet bumpers would be the three red things in the top middle of the playfield. You may need a new rubber there, but hard to tell. Can you take more picture down low from playfield level showing where the ball gets stuck? I want to see what kind of posts are there, the position of the ring, and anything else that may be missing.

Your Taxi looks really nice BTW.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from muzikman:

After only a few days of use, I'm having trouble getting the ball higher than 50,000 in the spinout shot. Any suggestions on how to adjust it so I can reach the 100,000 and beyond? Thanks in advance!

Lift the playfield and on the inside of the cabinet where the shooter rod is there is a metal plate with three screws, loosen those screws and you can move the whole shooter rod up, down left and right. Try playing with it, it may take quite a few adjustments to get it right. Try and get the rod tip to hit the ball dead center. I had to play with mine for about an hour but now on a full plunger the ball goes through all of the awards and back to 5,000 which I think is the way to make it a true skill shot.

1 month later
#91 10 years ago
Quoted from Pindiddy:

The funny thing is that the bell only rings one time when multiball or joyride starts, there are not multiple "dings." Any suggestions?

is it like a singular "ding" or a prolonged ringing? Mine does the latter.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from Piparoo:

I'm in with a Marilyn too. I'm glad someone asked about the bell. Mine doesn't ring at all. Not at multiball, not at extra ball or joyride. I do get a buzzing sound coming from under the cabinet at extra ball though. Wonder if that is related?

The bell is adjustment 45 in the adjustment menu, the only one I know off the top of my head. I turn it on when guests are over and off when I play at night by myself so I do not wake up my 2 year old son. Check to make sure its turned on.

Now a lot of operators, bartenders, pizza parlor owners etc did not know how to do this via the menu and at some point that ringing bell pissed them off and they disabled it in the easiest way they could figure out how. If yours is inoperable take a good look at it at the actual bell since thats about as far as they would have figured it out. There is a good chance they simply cut the wires to it, or bent the hammer way back so it would not hit as hard etc...

1 week later
#111 10 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Does anyone have pictures of their Taxi with LEDs? I'd like to see some schemes to get an idea of if/how I should do mine when I shop it here soon.

Thanks in advance.

I will check back, mine is all Leds done very tastefully, if no one reports back with pics I will take some

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider practicalsteve.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only?tu=practicalsteve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.