IMG_0803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0802 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6921 (resized).jpg
IMG_6922 (resized).jpg
20240223_231438 (resized).jpg
20240223_231255 (resized).jpg
20240223_231332 (resized).jpg
20240223_231336 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#354 9 years ago

I had the same hack job on my board. Easy fix. Just heat and pull pins out one at a time. Replace pins then cut and re-crimp female plugs.

IMG_4382.JPGIMG_4382.JPG
IMG_4383.JPGIMG_4383.JPG

Quoted from Sk0r:

My Taxi has been in the dark for a few weeks now. I will have some days off at the end of the month and will take some time to do some connectors fixing.
I had already fixed J9 once by changing the old female connector with a new one with trifurcon. It lasted a few months but it burnt again (each time, it was the third pin from the left that burnt). As you can see in the 1st picture, the male connector pin came off. So now I must change the male connector as well.
The thing is:
- J7 connector has two pins soldered directly to the connector
- J6 has all its pins soldered directly (see 2nd picture)
I bought the pin that way. With limited knowledge and skills in electronics and soldering, I chose to let everything as it was since everything worked fine. This time however, to fix J9, I will have to remove the board and thus have to desolder/cut the wires of J7 and J6 connectors.
I should be able to handle J7 by changing both male and female connectors with trifurcon. However, J6 is one of those "looped" connectors and for this one, I don't know what is preferable to do. I have already made inquiries and here are the solutions I can consider:
1) The "crimping" solution: http://www.pinrepair.com/connect/ . However, this solution seems a bit delicate to make and 'm not sure I will manage to do it properly.
2) Going back to the factory install, with a classic IDC connector (in which case I'll have to buy a punch tool)
3) Cutting the wires to remove the board then joining them together again with a terminal block strip. That would be the cheapest and simplest solution, but I feel it's not going to be the most popular one
What do you think?
Also, still on the Interconnect Board, some cement resistors are a bit "friable". Should I worry about it? If so, perhaps I will consider buying a brand new board from Great Lakes Modular to really start fresh.
(sorry for the long post and for the possible approximate terms I might have used)

Picture 2.JPG 94 KB

Picture 1.JPG 178 KB

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only?tu=pindel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.