IMG_1131 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_5287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpg
IMG_7112 (resized).jpg
IMG_0803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0802 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6921 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mystman12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#784 8 years ago

Okay, so there's this Taxi on Craigslist for $1200: richmond.craigslist.org link

I've been having some trouble contacting the seller (got an email with the wrong phone number), and I got a PM from another pinsider letting me know to be a bit cautious considering this game since he is also having trouble contacting and hasn't received any more detailed pics. (Which I forgot to ask for... This is my first time attempting to buy a pin, so bear with me!) From the pictures, really the only issues I can make out is a yellowed topper and the red shoot again stop light seems messed up. I was planning on having someone who lives close by look it over for me over the phone

What I'm wondering is, if I still get a chance to buy it and have someone look over it, what would have to be wrong with it to knock it down below $1200? How would I know if that's a good price? Or should I just forget this and wait longer for something more trustworthy to come up? Looking for a good, family friendly starter pin that both me and my friends (who mostly have never even touched a pinball machine before) can enjoy. Taxi does seem to have really fun multiplayer. Also, while I am willing to pay up to $1500 for a pin, the less I spend, the better, as not only does it give me more room to pay for repairs, but I also just found out how much community college is going to cost and it is *not* cheap!

Because of that, whatever I buy is probably all I'll have for a while, unless I trade, of course, but in that case I want to make sure I have a good pin in good shape that I can trade for other good pins in good shape.

To sum up: What should I look for on the machine, and how do I know $1200 is a fair price and that I'm not getting ripped off? And should I pass on this and wait for something else? Really wanted a Diner, which I enjoy somewhat more (Like the rules, sound, layout, and especially the art better. Absolutely gorgeous game!), but the multiplayer doesn't seem as good as Taxi's. Really want a game that I'll enjoy and be challenged by, but also a game my family will enjoy. Thanks for any help! (And for reading my lengthy post! )

#786 8 years ago

Ha, yeah, thought about that. Thing is at this rate, I've made as much contact with the seller as I possibly can. Plus it's already become obvious from other pinsiders I'm not the only one! If I get it, cool, but I'm fine if this ends up passing by me as well. There'll be more opportunities later!

5 years later
#2709 2 years ago

I'm looking to join the club! If anyone near Virginia is thinking of selling, let me know!

Quoted from ralphs007:

Quick question,does the glue they use to build scale models work on plastic ramps ? I think what they use melts the materials you're glueing,and it almost like a plastic weld ?
P.S
My Foosball table makes a great work bench.
[quoted image]

Yeah, I've used Scigrip 3 which works like that to repair plastics and ramps a few times, though with mixed results. I used it to fix a cracked portion of a ramp on my Whitewater but it would only last a few months before breaking again. Definitely better than regular glue though.

4 months later
#2915 1 year ago

Just got home with a Taxi!

PXL_20220423_164625706 (resized).jpgPXL_20220423_164625706 (resized).jpgPXL_20220423_230847773 (resized).jpgPXL_20220423_230847773 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 109.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mystman12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only?tu=mystman12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.