IMG_1131 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_5287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpg
IMG_7112 (resized).jpg
IMG_0803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0802 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6921 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kneissl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 10 years ago

I had to bend my flap down a bit so it wouldnt stick.

one tweak i noticed on a few taxi's is bending the wireform open more where it feeds the ball to the inlane.. it keeps momentum and can be much faster.

#12 10 years ago

i'll try and get some pics.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

On mine, where the ball exits the departure / drac catapult, at the left inlane, it's beating the pf real bad, any tweeks it lessen the impact?

Cliffy has protectors.. and you can put some mylar down.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Do we even know what that little tab is under the spinout? Is it a sound switch?
-mof

I think it's just to quickly feed it down to that kicker. it doesn't seem like it's really necessary. I tore my spinout all apart and bent it so it was just high enough so the ball being kicked into the cab lanes wasn't going to catch it.

2 weeks later
#37 10 years ago
Quoted from muzikman:

After only a few days of use, I'm having trouble getting the ball higher than 50,000 in the spinout shot. Any suggestions on how to adjust it so I can reach the 100,000 and beyond? Thanks in advance!

you can try adjusting the shooter rod to hit the side of the ball, this will put some English on it that will pull the ball around the spin out cup.

1 month later
#60 10 years ago
Quoted from Tony01:

I got a weird issue with my sound. Everything works fine for the exception of the Gorby shot. When you do the Gorby pickup shot, the Russian music plays, and instead of Gorby saying "Hey" after the music, its Marilyn say "Ohhh". You guys got any ideas???

check your roms?

1 month later
#128 10 years ago

Playfield swap, I didn't think my old one was that bad till it was next to a new cpr 36767.jpeg36767.jpeg

#140 10 years ago

37754.jpeg37754.jpeg

3 months later
#238 9 years ago

Blue taxi
1996.jpeg1996.jpeg

1 month later
#306 9 years ago

Original cabs are screened, they do make new decals tho..

1 week later
#319 9 years ago

There's nothing like a new glassy playfield... it's not a cheap upgrade, but I did it.

3 months later
#378 9 years ago

Anyone try lightning flippers on taxi?

#380 9 years ago

I just like short games. Did them on Sorcerer and think that's the only way to play. Also have them on the lower flippers on Whirlwind and enjoy that as well.

#382 9 years ago

If anyone has done it or does it before i get around to trying it, please post the result.. i worry about the left ramp shot with lightning.

#385 9 years ago

Tape if you get the metal bottom.

2 months later
#421 9 years ago

No flashers stay lit. Use led ocd! There's a mod to the aux power so led flashers don't blink with flippers

#424 9 years ago

Are you missing these springs?
medium.jpgmedium.jpg

1 month later
#493 8 years ago

Hardest shot for me is the crossover. Happens all the time on fish tales.. Only once on my taxi.

1 week later
#523 8 years ago

There's more rules in Flintstones, but we all know taxi is king.

1 week later
#535 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Guys: I may be grabbing a taxi in a few days. Of course, it's missing the topper light board AND the spinout light board is broken (I may be able to repair, but don't know yet).
Anyone have any leads on these? No one reproduces them and they aren't for sale anywhere.
Someone's gotta have a source! Please PM me. Any help would be GREAT!

I would just wire in regular bulb sockets to the topper. The spinout light board, if it's not that broken, epoxy back together and wire jumpers over the broken traces.

#567 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Took the glass off and tested that shot a bunch. I didn't change anything but now it seems to be working much better now. Also the switch is registering and opening the gate 100% of the time, so I'm not sure why it was rejecting before.

you probably just wanted the jackpot too bad and Taxi doesn't like to give it up that easy.

2 weeks later
#624 8 years ago

Any tricks out there for adjusting the shooter? I had mine working great, but haven't gotten it going right since a playfield swap.. I had a good thing going with the shooter hitting the left side of the ball, but it just doesn't seem to work consistently anymore.

5 months later
#757 8 years ago

Can't say I didn't see that coming

2 weeks later
#775 8 years ago

Congrats! Yo taxi. What's your top score on a high end taxi?

2 weeks later
#789 8 years ago

I had a diner. It's good.. taxi is still here.

2 weeks later
#798 8 years ago

looks like a switch holder. maybe for a roll over lane? i think that era used metal brackets tho.

#811 8 years ago
Quoted from BriPin:

Has anyone had success adding diodes to coils 3, 4, 6, and 7 to stop the flashers from blinking when the flippers are activated? I added them but still get the same errant flashes (and maybe worse). I didn't remove the diodes from the aux board as I didn't think you had too. Thoughts?

It's been a while since I did mine. Pretty sure you have to do some changes to the aux power board.

#823 8 years ago
Quoted from BriPin:

For anyone interested, I removed diodes 3,4,6 and 7 from the aux board and no more LED flashers blinking.

Just so someone doesn't read this on its own. You need to add diodes on the coils otherwise you'll risk damaging something or at least blowing a fuse.

1 month later
#878 8 years ago

I've never heard that call out, mine was originally Lola.. are there updated sound roms?

1 month later
#941 7 years ago

Marilyn remains unnamed

#942 7 years ago

Nice work btw!

#944 7 years ago

Wow, that's serious dedication to Taxi!

3 months later
#1005 7 years ago

Depends how great the condition is.

#1007 7 years ago

No way to tell at that res. I would expect everything nearly flawless for 3k. At least an A+ condition or CPR playfield. Cab looks like it might be roughed up a bit.

#1010 7 years ago

I would value Lola higher myself..

4 months later
#1135 7 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

About the jackpot meter,
Mine is showing the jackopot value all the time. I thought it was supposed to be showing the bonus value as well some times. Mine doesn't.
Problem? Settings?

I have a rotten dog LED display that did that (I got it as a refurb so maybe they had a mix-up in an early revision), the meter/jackpot is driven by the extra alphanumeric bits on the lower display. If it's wired to one side it only shows the jackpot, the other side has the animated meter and jackpot after spelling cab (side note: I think there's a system 11 that uses two numeric displays which would use both sides of the extra bits in the lower display ). I can take pics of the fix if you like.

#1139 7 years ago

I think my Tron chasing schematic notes are long gone since I did it about 5 years ago.. here are pics of the mod, these jumpers run to u20.

IMG_20170206_093143561 (resized).jpgIMG_20170206_093143561 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170206_093215120 (resized).jpgIMG_20170206_093215120 (resized).jpg

#1140 7 years ago

I just pulled up pics of the pinscore displays.. surface mounted chips. Bogus!

1 month later
#1173 7 years ago

Gotta be a proto

#1180 7 years ago

Unlimited millions! It would be broken like police force as far as scoring.

10 months later
#1375 6 years ago

Get a better tech. The board issue could be a little bit to chase down if it's in the logic, but most likely a shorted transistor. A long as there's not corrosion on your board it's pretty straight forward to fix.

1 year later
#1483 5 years ago

Anyone do color rubber? Post some pics? I'm thinking about going mostly blue with yellow posts.

2 weeks later
#1485 5 years ago

If you're running an led display, I had one that was wired wrong. You'd have to do a decent hack to fix it.

1 week later
#1498 5 years ago

You can make the jackpot accumulate quickly so it's whatever you set the max value most every time.

#1500 5 years ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

But does it retain its value from game to game if not collected?

Yeah but you can essentially make the jackpot the same value evey time you get it.

1 year later
#1799 4 years ago

I'm running rottendog LED.. Plasma is best for alphanumeric pins IMO. I actually like the look of an LCD colorDMD (even without the colors) over plasma.

3 weeks later
#1875 3 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Has anyone chromed their Taxi armor and or coin door? I’m considering this but would like to see some pictures first.
I think my preference is black coin door with the chrome rails and legs.
Thanks!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
1 year later
#2733 2 years ago

soren released a taxi ROM. I would run that if i was looking for the latest and greatest.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 109.00
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kneissl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only?tu=kneissl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.