IMG_1131 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_5287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpg
IMG_7112 (resized).jpg
IMG_0803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0802 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6921 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingdaddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

2 weeks later
#484 9 years ago

Owned Taxi a few weeks - damn, this is a good game (and a tough one). Finally got the 4 Million jackpot yesterday. Have been mixing strategies - mainly going for the million awarded for boosting airport ramp trips. Pursuing pickup strategy if I get a few in the process...

Anyone done the simultaneous two-ball figure-eight shot yet - you get a 300k bonus for that, from what I heard... Just found out about it.

Any other thoughts on strategy?

3 weeks later
#515 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

The bell is great. Personally, I always jump when that thing goes off. Someone who's never played the pin and gets a jackpot, even moreso!
Turn bell on!

+1 for bell

2 weeks later
#538 8 years ago

Taxi is a much better game than Flintstones. You can't wrong with that trade IMO. I have a clear-coated Marilyn and its a pure keeper.

#551 8 years ago

Anyone else have their ball get "stuck" in the upper left hand corner of the PF (in the area behind the Carry Passengers target)? I raised the back left leg slightly and it rarely happens now, but if the ball is going slowly sometimes it still does.

2 weeks later
#628 8 years ago

Just got 8.5 Mil score / my best after 3 months of owning. :DFelt awesome. This game is challenging as any pin out there.

#638 8 years ago

Anyone have an extra yellow Taxi Plastic that goes over shooter lane... I dumbly just cracked mine when it got caught as I was pulling up PF.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#639 8 years ago
Quoted from KingDaddy:

Anyone have an extra yellow Taxi Plastic that goes over shooter lane... I dumbly just cracked mine when it got caught as I was pulling up PF.

image.jpg

No one? I'll pay good money for one. . The only option I can find online is Mad Amusements full plastic set on eBay for $169. And I'm assuming these are reproductions.... And all I need is the one piece. Anyone know of any other options??

#644 8 years ago

Great - let me know!

2 weeks later
#656 8 years ago

Stones - mark my words, you will miss this game.

1 week later
#665 8 years ago

Just changed settings to "Extra Easy" - my family had stopped playing because it was "too hard." Was sort of bummed to do this...
BUT guess what - the game is a blast at this setting, even for me. Plays more like a "Top 10" game in the sense that you can really light it up with multiple jackpots, extra balls and the potential for bigger scores... And now my wifey and kids like it again. I can always reset to factory default, but having fun with this.

4 months later
#755 8 years ago

Gaddamit... I had the sexiest Taxi of all time... Essentially a HEP. And I got rid of it.

Been about 6 months.

And I miss it like no other.

Like that amazing girlfriend you screw up with, because you see some other eye candy you think is better.

I'm a freaking idiot.

2 weeks later
#774 8 years ago
Quoted from KingDaddy:

Gaddamit... I had the sexiest Taxi of all time... Essentially a HEP. And I got rid of it.
Been about 6 months.
And I miss it like no other.
Like that amazing girlfriend you screw up with, because you see some other eye candy you think is better.
I'm a freaking idiot.

Back in the fold, gentleman.

#779 8 years ago
Quoted from muzikman:

Not many people willing to let them go for $1500 these days. Just look up the machine on Pinside. It tells you the range is around $1700-2050 and fair condition would be near the low end. It also says that median asking price out of 17 machines on Pinside has been $1,900. I'm not saying that is the sales price, but that is what most sellers are looking for.

Yup, it keeps going up. Average Marilyn's probably worth around 2k these days. The beauty I just bought was well over $3k - and I believe a very fair price.

Quoted from Kneissl:

Congrats! Yo taxi. What's your top score on a high end taxi?

It's on it's way from across country, via STI. But, I recall my top score was around 10k on my former "HEP" one...

Taxi, to me, is perfect pinball. Everything about it resonates. The era, the artwork, the challenging gameplay, the music and callouts, the theme of course... I put it right there with Funhouse as the two greatest pins of all time - and as the two I'd keep, if I could only have two machines. Both encapsulate everything that is right about pinball. DMD's are fun - and many of my favorite games have them - but at the end of the day, pinball isn't a video game, my friends.

Taxi!

2 weeks later
#788 8 years ago

Yup, even if there are cosmetic issues with that Taxi (and it's a Lola) assuming it works okay, $1,200 is dirt cheap these days.

#790 8 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I had a diner. It's good.. taxi is still here.

The best thing about Diner is the 3d Backglass artwork. Taxi > Diner.

1 month later
#842 8 years ago

Anyone know where to get Taxi ramp decals?

1 week later
#846 8 years ago

I am looking for a Ramp Decal - the right one. If anyone has one, I will pay you handsomely for it. (Or knows where to get!)

Thanks.

1 week later
#858 8 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

At least the pictures are brutally honest about the condition

"Mint Condition" lmao

1 week later
#865 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Finally made the multi-ball Express Lanes shot 1 and 2 last night. Love the way the machine stops and puts on a little "celebratory light show" for you!
It seemed like there was a shot I was supposed to make after that?

The music when you complete that is fantastic.

1 week later
#887 8 years ago

Mine is an original early run (near mint condition ) Marilyn - I've never heard that call out.

1 month later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 109.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingdaddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only?tu=kingdaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.