IMG_1131 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_5287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpg
IMG_7112 (resized).jpg
IMG_0803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0802 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6921 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kerry_richard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#414 9 years ago

That Lola / Marilyn playfield is very strange. I've seen and owned many Taxi's. Never came across this. I too would be interested knowing more about it.

11 months later
#825 8 years ago

Does anyone know if CPR will re-run TAXI playfields?

There are rumors (even from Rick at PPS) CPR will re-run Whirlwind. I'm hoping the same for TAXI.

3 months later
#968 7 years ago

I agree! That's one of the nicest un-restored Taxi's I've ever seen. Congrats!

4 months later
#1067 7 years ago

I bought repo-ed plastics & both ramps. I want the CPR playfield. I certainly hope they do re-run TAXI parts.

6 months later
#1243 6 years ago

Very nicely done

My Taxi too has the plastic near the Taxi limo (right side over plunger lane) with all the red posts & white rubbers. I've seen a lot of Taxi's and most don't have this.

Also, I've seen some chrome rails (commingling off "Arrivals" ramp) that only have one peak in it vs 2 pictches and a flat section in middle approx 4" flat

Maybe it's because an early production. Not sure, any thoughts / feedback from other owners?

Thanks
Kerry

2 years later
#1762 4 years ago

Did you forget to peel off the protection film.... see around legs?

2 weeks later
#1814 4 years ago

Correct attaches to coin door. Here's 2 picts of mine I'm redoing at this time:

DSCN8033 (resized).JPGDSCN8033 (resized).JPGDSCN8034 (resized).JPGDSCN8034 (resized).JPG
#1820 4 years ago

My thoughts are "no", it doesn't matter, as long as you attach it to a good grounded surface (no painted surface).

4 weeks later
#1890 3 years ago

Grindhouse I'm currently redoing my Taxi. My Taxi was in a slightly better condition (not much), than yours.

I put on new decals, and sprayed 4 coats of 2-part auto clear. I sanded with 600 / 800 / 1200 / 1500. Now I have to polish it to mirror shine!!!

I bought my Taxi and it came with ton's of extra parts off playfield (coils / brackets / metal rails and 100's of misc screws ect). I don't know what to do with the extra parts. They are heavy tho.

Let me know if you're interested.

Kerry

1 month later
#2019 3 years ago

I painted my coin door, then took sandpaper to sand off "W" logo down to the metal. I really like the look!

I'll try to post pict.

#2021 3 years ago

Picts of my Taxi "W" logo

Taxi pict #1 7-10-20 (resized).jpgTaxi pict #1 7-10-20 (resized).jpgtaxi pict #2 7-10-20 (resized).jpgtaxi pict #2 7-10-20 (resized).jpgtaxi pict #4 7-10-20 (resized).jpgtaxi pict #4 7-10-20 (resized).jpg
#2023 3 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Is that original art on the cabinet or new decals?
Like the black metals.

I applied new decals, then 4 coats of automotive clear, wet sanded 800 / 1200 / 1500 and polished. The metal is powder coated black, except coin door which I painted.

1 week later
#2051 3 years ago

Hello Barr993...

Your Taxi looks awesome!

I too took my "Decals" to Home Depot to color match in oil base paint. It matched well, not exact, but happy with results (see picts above #2021)

I have another Taxi to do next. I have purchased the RadCals for this one. I may just use the same color match above, or have them use RadCals for custom mix.

Note: I see your Taxi has slide / skids on the back, like on newer games. Neither of my Taxi's have them. Were they stock on yours or did you make them?

Kerry

#2055 3 years ago

Barr93... are you going to recess the head bolts, before installation of RadCals.

Here's a pict of a Whirlwind done: Sorry I don't know how to insert 2 picts (before / after) by copy/paste...
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2057 3 years ago

Sorry, Barr993... I was directing my RadCal info / questions to you instead of Bellagio

Here's the recessed RadCal pict of the Whirlwind done.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2058 3 years ago

@Bellagio... are you going to recess the head bolts before your RadCal installation?

I think I'm going too. However, I'm still on the fence bcuz, I kinda like the traditional look. With that said... the traditional look is thrown out the window with gloss / shiny RadCals

#2068 3 years ago

Toine79... I own 2 Taxi's. The limo is mounted differently on both.

I believe you have an earlier production game where the limo as appox metal 3/4" tabs to mount it (to wood rail) and the other version mounts w/o tabs mounted to metal ball ramp.

In addition to the differences: the blue plastic on yours ("Lites Carry Passengers"), below limo's driver & Santa, has about 7 clear posts. Most Taxi's don't have any of the posts there. On mine one has them, the other does not.

Also, the limo should lay flat, at an angle, not with it twisted as seen on @Jmckune.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks
Kerry

#2070 3 years ago

Here are the picts of my 2 Taxi's

DSCN8596 (resized).JPGDSCN8596 (resized).JPGDSCN8597 (resized).JPGDSCN8597 (resized).JPGDSCN8598 (resized).JPGDSCN8598 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#2116 3 years ago

I own Bad Cats and Taxi... I've owned them both for 15+ years. If I had to let one go, it would be Taxi. It's a great game but a slight edge to BC for me.

#2121 3 years ago

I own chocolate & vanilla ice cream. If I had to let one go, it would be vanilla. It's great ice cream, but a slight edge to chocolate for me.

Oh wait sorry, wrong thread.

4 months later
#2315 3 years ago

My CPR Taxi backglass is so washed out, the famous mole on her face, is almost completely gone.

The hair on the drivers fingers are completely gone. The details are missing thru out my glass. Not sure "if" CPR made 2'nd or 3rds... I bought this glass installed on my game.

4 months later
#2436 3 years ago

I redid mine with powder coat gloss black armor (except coin door). Decals, then clear coated with 4 coats of 2-part clear. Buffed & waxed. I took my decal down to Home Depot. They custom mixed me a quart of oil based pain. CPR mirrored backglass (not 100% happy with that), however, my original translite was damaged

DSCN8627 (resized).JPGDSCN8627 (resized).JPGDSCN8628 (resized).JPGDSCN8628 (resized).JPGDSCN8629 (resized).JPGDSCN8629 (resized).JPGDSCN8633 (resized).JPGDSCN8633 (resized).JPG
#2441 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkGriswold:

Curious why you're not happy with the mirrored backglass? I was considering getting one, so I'm curious.

The one I got was very pale(?), faded(?) out of focus(?) (I'm struggling for the correct explanation). The details are very faint. Like the cab driver has hairy knuckles and Marilyn has her famous mole on her face... neither of these are visible in my CPR translite. I've heard some batches were poor. This translite came with my game when I bought it.

9 months later
#2752 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Do a lot of you folks have a taxi and a dinner?

I do as well... both great games!

2 months later
#2824 2 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Not done it personally but I’ve heard of good results by biting the bullet and removing the decal and spraying the topper white and putting a new decal on.

I just did this with my Whirlwind topper... looks like new at a fraction of the cost.

#2831 2 years ago
Quoted from RonSwanson:

I also did this to Whirlwind and it looks great. I would be hesitant on the Taxi topper though since it lights up from the inside. Would the spray paint block the light?

I think I'd be inclined to invest $7 for a can of good spray paint and check the lighting without installing the decals first. The topper can be purchased new with decals for approx $100-$115 if it doesn't light up nicely.

#2833 2 years ago

These threads are for us to discuss our games and options...

Here's my Taxi topper that was so yellowed and broken. It was so easy for me to decide to purchase a new one with decals for about $115 plus shipping.

Here's my Whirlwind topper; previously yellowed and decals pealing. I decided to heat the decals and remove them, lightly sand topper, then spray paint it bright white (~$7.00) and install new decals set at ~$15. Very happy with the results.

Now the Taxi topper has lighting under it. I don't think new paint would block its light up appearance, however I haven't experimented with that. I would however experiment with it for $7.00 vs. dropping $115 (plus shipping) for new topper.

DSCN0965 - Copy (resized).JPGDSCN0965 - Copy (resized).JPGDSCN0970 (resized).JPGDSCN0970 (resized).JPGDSCN8076 (resized).JPGDSCN8076 (resized).JPG
1 year later
#3379 9 months ago

Mk1Modo... your skill shot ramp rotations are incredible. I'm lucky to get 2-3

Any tips?

#3381 9 months ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

As it is, when the ball ejects into the shooter lane I have to tap it with the plunger and hold the plunger back while the ball rolls back to where it should be.

Thanks Shawn for the detailed reply... and this is a tip I'll look into as well.

4 months later
#3453 4 months ago

I've removed several of the system 11 wide SS glass channel sides.

I purchased a pointed cement trowel and sharpened the edges with a file. I starter at one end and gently tapped it in with rubber mallet, wiggled it back & forth to cut the adhesive (found them to be double sided tape approx 1" wide).

I found it easier to work by placing a wedge (putty knife, wooden stir stick, piece of plexiglass etc) directly behind the side that was last cut, allowing more space to work in. It takes a long time but it works, and you can save the rails without bending them.

Kerry

1 month later
#3500 89 days ago

Sorry, I wouldn't put those decals on my TAXI with that funky star-like logo on the top of head vs. the W (Williams logo) ones.

2 weeks later
#3562 72 days ago

Paint your topper white... you'll be very happy spending the $7.50

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.00
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kerry_richard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only?tu=kerry_richard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.