IMG_1131 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_5287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpg
IMG_7112 (resized).jpg
IMG_0803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0802 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6921 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joey__p__1966.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#996 7 years ago

I'm in!!!
Added Taxi to my collection !
It is a cosmetic project pin, needing repainting of some (lots)of the pf and a lot of TLC. Really excited to bring this old classic back to life .
I need a few things , if you have one sitting in pieces to part out I need a set of the habbittrails , condition can be tarnished / rusty , I'm going to paint it yellow anyways .
Would like to know who has parts anyways, As I go through it I may find more stuff .
I'll post pictures once I get started , probably play it a few weeks first , then on the Rotessorie.

JP

2 weeks later
#1013 7 years ago

Help needed from LED'd Taxi owners :
Time to place my LED order, any hints with what you did that you liked, didn't like? Cool White, sunlight, warm ? Any ghosting issues when using non-ghosting in the matrix lamps? My earthshakker did fine, I assume this will too?
Flash lamps under the pf inserts, what you used there too. This one is harder to figure out, as I didn't play it much before I took it apart to refurbish. I don't want to make it too wild and way off the original look . ( yes, i know LED wont look original, but something normal-ish)
Pictures anyone with suggestions?
Any guidance will be appreciated, thanks.
JP

#1015 7 years ago

Welcome, your profile shows one game, if its your first one, then the "technical issues" is what makes pinball... pinball. Lots of great techs on here that can help you. I have a repair guide that I can email you ( i think its in a file I can send) , and you can trouble shoot from there.
If its not your first, then no surprises there, these suckers are approaching 30 years old now, amazing they still work. I just got one too, extremely worn pf, so I'm doing a restore on it now. Good luck with the repair.
JP

#1018 7 years ago

Don't get frustrated , I have no electronics background , and have taken help over the years and have not ever had to give up and hire anyone to fix it in my home.There are great folks here that can guide you to success. Worst case senecio ever for me was send out a board for repair , and then reinstall it .
It's actually the fun part of collecting for me , great pride in fixing it myself. Make room for more, they multiply like rabbits

#1022 7 years ago

Please help me identify where this broken off wire belongs.
It is a yellow wire off a flasher ( big bayonet style) that is located under the departure ramp. It is right beside the pf pivot mount hardware , not the GI lamp but the flasher beside that. Hopeful one of you could tell me where it goes. The opposite side flasher does not have this extra yellow wire on it, so i'm confused. Thanks.
JP

IMG_1034 (resized).JPGIMG_1034 (resized).JPG

IMG_1035 (resized).JPGIMG_1035 (resized).JPG

#1024 7 years ago

Thank you bballfan !!!

#1026 7 years ago

Thanks , I'm beginning to reassemble the pf after a refurbish. It was pretty worn. I'll post some pics of it here later today .
I wasn't looking for a Taxi when a friend offered it to me for a winter project . I have some money to spend and not get upside down with its value . Luckily the ramps cleaned up nice and the spin out is kinda questionable but usable . On a budget here , so I'll make use of what I can .

1 week later
#1032 7 years ago

Anyone have a scan or file made to print the CAB decal on the arrival ramp?
Thanks ,
Joey

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1035 7 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Bay Area Amusements carries both sets + the carry passengers decal for 8.00. I'd put up the link, but don't know how..

Ok cool, I'll go check that out, Thanks !
JP

#1037 7 years ago

Gang,
This game is new to me , and have played about 20 games on it total.
A few Taxi questions :

Right lock kick out , multi-ball release , ball goes right into the middle and usually STDM. Probably 75% of the time if I don't nudge.

Right flipper to weak to make left ramp about 75% of the time .
It's a FL11630 , I have read this is a common issue .,? . Anyone install a FL11629? Afraid of blasting the drop targets at Marilyn .
Might try new EOS and set switch to the very very end of stroke. Flipper was just rebuilt with new bat, rubber, stop, sleeve, and pf bushing .

What have you guys done to address these issues ? Are these just character traits of Taxi ? Any other odd issues that are expected with Taxi?
Thanks ,
JP

#1041 7 years ago

Thanks for the info . I believe I'm going to try the fl11629. It's just frustrating trying to start multiball and having the ball not make the ramp and going SDTM.
The kickout issue, might bend the rail a touch and put new screw hole in to change its direction. I'm pretty sure I resleeved everything , unless I missed that coil and it's just sluggish , In which case a new sleeve may help. I'll let you know what I do and the results.

Also, Sciddleybop, I have the new WPC baseplates and return springs, still have this issue.
Thanks again ,
JP

#1042 7 years ago

Gang,
The FL11629 is the way to go, solved the problem... for the most part. I still get a little bounce when coming down the inlane wireform onto the flipper rubber. Nothing I can do about that, just hops a little ( well, a lot ) . If i catch the ball and shoot, its a full ramp every time.

The kick out at pinbot, I put a thinner post sleeve ( took the marco one off and put an old cliffy one i had, problem solved. It was bouncing off the post and into the middle for a SDTM drain . So skinny is better with this post.

That's about it, just gotta figure out what to do and when in regards to rule set and object of the game.
JP

#1043 7 years ago

Hey gang,
Need to confirm the wires to the bell . I looked at a pic on here that had different colored wires than I'm looking at .
Here is what I'm guessing , could someone please confirm ? No big rush , I'm done for the day.

2 red wires go to bottom lug on coil.

Top lug on coil had yellow wire that goes to top lug on switch , closest to bell.

Brown wire w/ green bands go to bottom lug on switch .

Capacitor goes to both the switch lugs being used by the yellow and brown wires ,

The top lug farthest from the bell on the switch is not used .
Thanks ,Joey

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1046 7 years ago

Thanks for the picture, its exactly like I had thought, I couldn't find one that clear on pinside or google images . Maybe I missed it, or you took it , but thanks for the conformation. Now lets just hope someone clipped the wires to shut it off, and it wasn't a bad coil or something.
Joey

#1047 7 years ago

THE BELL IS WORKING !!!!
For anyone who might be sitting there hitting refresh, just waiting on my reply. Its kind of annoying.... just a little, kind of know why it was ripped apart by the wires
It does add flavor to the game, so Ill keep it for now . If i decide to shut it off, ill turn it off in the menu, not rip the freaking wires out of it!
JP

2 months later
#1098 7 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Got the same issues both sides and never took the time to ask here. Looking forward to solutions. Mine is a CPR playfield.

Same issue with my right side flipper and guide. Factory playfield. Just figure it is the way it is. Makes shots off that side just a bit of a hassle. I installed one size larger coil on the right flipper to have a better chance to make the left ramp because of the "hop".

1 month later
#1111 7 years ago

Paint codes? You interested in automotive base coat ? I have those I can dig up , it's Akzo Nobel product in the Lesonal Basecoat . I made the grey , spent days tinting it as perfect as possible. I have a code in Lesonal in all colors I believe, but did not use green in the restore.
See my taxi restore in posts back in August from me, it may have some codes in the restore thread , can't remember.
JP

1 week later
#1120 7 years ago

Nemesis, Looks great. Probably a better way to go if you don't have experience with automotive clear coats. Not knowing what your doing when mixing the clear can destroy a pf permanently if mixed wrong. I did mine last fall, but cleared it, didn't even know the pf protector was out there, but would have cleared mine anyways to save the money. It is hard to find a nice taxi, as they get older they will become more difficult to find a super nice one.
JP

3 weeks later
#1142 7 years ago

No, it should go through all the scoring lamps up past 100k and start over back up to almost 100k again on a full pull . Maybe your switch it not actuating on every ball revolution ? Every time the ball circles, it should score another lamp , if it doesn't circle but like 3 times on a full pull, then there is something with the shooter bracket, sleeve , spring , or spin out ramp I would think .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joey__p__1966.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only?tu=joey__p__1966 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.