IMG_1131 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_5287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpg
IMG_7112 (resized).jpg
IMG_0803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0802 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6921 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jetmechinnc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1204 6 years ago

Yay, just joined the club. Traded my Black Rose for a Marilyn Monroe Taxi! Always loved this game, now just gotta haul it up the stairs to the "game room".

#1208 6 years ago

Has anyone changed their flipper coils from the FL-11630 to the FL-11629? Not sure if current coils are weak in the flippers, I was told the flippers were rebuilt not too long ago, but I don't think the coils were changed. The ball sometimes doesn't make it up the left ramp so I was thinking of swapping out the old 30 coils to my new 29s I have on hand, to make it the game snappier. Any feedback with using this coil would be appreciated.

Jason

#1212 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Left ramp is also steeper so you have to make a solid shot in order to make it fully around. Could just be user error

I think you are right. If don't get that ramp right it bobbles a bit, goes only half way, but hitting it right it makes the loop just fine, just not nearly as fast as say the kick out at Dracula. That sends the ball flying. The gap on the EOS seems to perfect so I guess I'll keep the -30 coils in there for now. Don't want to destroy my drop targets etc.

1 week later
#1226 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

trying to put my personal touch on my rebuild with these Black and yellow wood guides. My 9 yo helped so now it's her game!

That is a great idea! Nice job! Did you paint all of that or is it a graphic? Either way, very creative touch.

#1229 6 years ago

Looks awesome. Where did you find the clear rubbers, was it a kit? looks great. Is the cabinet lined with sound proofing? I'm planing on doing the pinball prospeakers as well. Have put them in every game so far and love them.
Jason

#1238 6 years ago

Thank you for the link! I signed up on their website, now to decide, do I want to change out the rubbers I just put my taxi on Tuesday with these as well as my newly restored space shuttle or wait. I think clear will be awesome on either game, more so on my space shuttle with the LEDs that are installed.

Jason

3 months later
#1314 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

FYI, Outsidedge has announced their latest Hardtop, Taxi, is now for sale.

Thank you for the heads up. I think I'm going to have to order one of these over a new playfield that I can't seem to find. For $300 not bad. Thank goodness for OT at work. Only bad thing is the down time on the pinball since it's my wife's favorite, she plays it every day since we bought it. I've done various rebuilds on other pins, but not a whole playfield tear down. LOTS of pictures will be needed for sure. Right now I've mainly got wear around the pop bumpers and half of the playfield is discolored a bit since only half of my game had mylar, the upper half color is off. Cleaning it with novus 2 and magic eraser helped a good bit, but still not great.

My wife thinks the wear is fine. She says it gives it character, I want my Marylyn Taxi to shine.

#1317 6 years ago

OK after seeing your playfield and watching the instruction videos they had for Pharaoh, I'm going to be ordering one hopefully next Friday. Will be a great fall project. And while I'm there, I'll add new items as needed for that perfect restoration. At least I know the pop bumpers and flippers were already rebuilt.

Jason

2 weeks later
#1319 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I'm glad you liked my videos. Hope they were informative enough.

Here is my current playfield, I started to replace the ramps due to a crack in one, and tried to clean the best I could , but the color difference is there due to the fact only half of the playfield has original mylar on it. Not sure why the whole game didn't have it but oh well. As I tried to clean the upper playfield area, I actually went through the paint to bare wood. So my questions is, would you say take a crap load of pictures, strip it, sand it and put the hard top on, or just clean it a little more and roll on since its an old marilyn? My wife doesn't care which way I go, as long as it's back in operation by early December for friends/family to play during visits and parties.

taxi view 1 (resized).jpgtaxi view 1 (resized).jpg

taxi view 2 (resized).jpgtaxi view 2 (resized).jpg

#1322 6 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

not cleaning so well with 99%alcohol and magic eraser.

I was using the magic eraser with alcohol after Novus 2 didn't get the results I hoped for. Trying to make it clean, I actually when through the paint right to wood!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 109.00
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jetmechinnc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only?tu=jetmechinnc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.