IMG_1131 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_5287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpg
IMG_7112 (resized).jpg
IMG_0803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0802 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6921 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dozer1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 10 years ago

Add me to please. Been playing the heck out of Taxi for the last week or so. I think it's the coolest pin ever, but I must admit I haven't played most of the more modern, expensive ones. Among the many things I have learned about playing Taxi, this one seems to stand out to me. "Quite often there is hell to pay for nailing Marilyn". Anybody else come to that conclusion?

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

I think the backglass trim (the one on the bottom resting on the speaker panel) is making the backglass sit too high.

How is the alignment of the traffic light bulbs in the upper right hand corner of the backglass? If they are off about the same amount as the meter display, I would try to adjust the back lighting board (if that is what it's called) higher. I was able to get mine closer that way, but to make it perfect, I would have to elongate some of the holes in the hardware that latches it shut and the hinge side too.

1 week later
#96 10 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

Okay guys, decision time. On CPR playfields I have a chance at a Bronze with discoloration around Marilyn for quite a bit less or through PPS. Picture of Bronze below.

photo.JPG 236 KB

Do you want a museum piece or are you like me and want to play pinball? I would go with the cheaper, in fact the original PF would have to be pretty bad for me to change it at all. To each his own and best of luck.

#108 10 years ago

I got a Taxi question. When I go down to switch mine on, more often then not, I have to switch it off right away because it will do a number of different things.

A. ring the bell and have goofy stuff on the display or

B. have a nasty hum noise come from the speaker I presume or

C. sometimes the background music isn't playing for the first ball. The call outs will be there. The music is there for the 2nd and 3rd.

Now all I have to do to not have these problems is click the toggle switch 2 times instead of just 1. I don't recall any of those quirks being there if you do the double click. Anybody have similar issues?

1 week later
#122 10 years ago

I have done what you are talking about muzikman. You are right about that. I was trying to make your point in this thread. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-marilyn-vs-lola It would be great if more people registered their serial numbers and filled in the part whether it is a Marilyn or a Lola. That age old question could be answered accurately and once and for all. It is going to get more difficult now with many being restored with reproduction Marilyn PF and BG.

1 week later
#141 10 years ago

Yo, Taxi...New personal high score. Long game which included lighting Million twice and getting both of them. 5,029,560 That is the only time I can ever remember getting the million twice. Could't light jackpot on that game even once.

1 week later
#148 10 years ago
Quoted from MonkeyGrass:

Set a personal High Score the other day on Factory Settings - 7.2 million!!

I was just putting up my best effort, but fell short. Had my personal best tonight @ 6,999,930. Yep, I have yet to crack 7 mil.
nice job on the diagosis Monkeygrass. You have good taste in games.

7 months later
#351 9 years ago

Is there supposed to be a plastic over this crescent shaped area? Mine looks just like your pic. no plastic there.

#357 9 years ago

Is the stud part 8-32 threads? this one sounds close. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4645-4

I think the one you want is actually 1 13/16" which would even be tougher to find then 1 3/4". This one Marco has, if it is a hair or 2 long, could be shortened with a grinder to 1.815 or so

#360 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Only difference is mine has a screw hole end on the top

Your right. I didn't see that. Well you are just going to have to get creative if nothing else works out. If you get a 1 3/4" with threaded holes on both ends, you could put a stud (bolt with its head cut off) in one end. High strength lock tite it in. (your favorite thing). Otherwise grind the one you got flat on the broken end, center drill, tap, add stud. Good luck

3 months later
#439 9 years ago

Nate, that micro switch is under the cab flipper switch. (at least it was on my Taxi) So it can be basically ignored and just replace the cab flipper switch.

1 year later
#1103 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

a ball will go in Drac, and will not kick it out in a timely manner. It almost seems like it goes to ball search and gives credit for a ramp shot instead of Drac.

The switch is a likely culprit as mentioned, but I had a VERY similar issue with my Banzai run. Ball would go in ball cannon, sometimes work, sometimes not. Replaced switch, same thing. The problem turned out to be connector J8 on the MPU. It had a little visual blue corrosion on it, presumably from battery corrosion, because they (batteries) are located above this connector. There was no other corrosion on the board, but a drip must have found that connector.
After re-pinning the connector, the problem was gone. I have since seen trace amounts of corrosion on this connector in other system 11 games. Great place to look for problems such as yours.

3 months later
#1209 6 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I was told the flippers were rebuilt not too long ago

11630's are very sufficient on a Taxi. Check the condition of the EOS switches and cab switches too. Did they put new flipper bushings in too? a little wear in them can rob a lot of power. EOS gap is very important. I like between 1/16" and 1/8" on a system 11. I would like to see closeup pics of the rebuilt flipper mechs under the PF if you feel like taking them and posting.

As far as going to the 11629 coil here, I would avoid it until all other things are checked out.

2 years later
#1705 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Any ideas on where to start with this weird issue?

This is a cut and paste from another thread......One day this is going to help somebody.

Something to check----the Molex plug on 1J8 on the MPU. I have had to re-pin quite a few of them due to corrosion. It is located on the bottom of the MPU below the battery holder. All it takes over the years is some alkaline dust to have settled on it and the humidity will do the rest. (A theory that I have formulated) It can most certainly be the cause of PF switches not working. ANY sign of green or white corrosion or anything else is a trigger for me to re-pin it these days on a system 11.
If it happens to be an issue and you go to re-pin it , look for clean, fresh wire under the insulation. Somewhat corroded wire will have your new re-pin fail probably within a year...been there, done that.

#1707 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Actually I think I can see corrosion a little

I think so too. If so, There is a very good chance that is your problem.

#1710 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I was hoping that would fix it..

Me too..Well if that was corrosion, your work was not in vain though. It needed doing, and I would check surrounding connectors and interconnect board connectors down there.

#1713 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Marylin drop targets started working correctly

How about Pinbot drops and switch letter B? Is it still holding up or is the problem intermittent now?

3 years later
#3476 4 months ago
Quoted from Scala:

My machine has random startup issues -- about half the time it boots up OK, other times it has a really loud buzzing noise, and some other times it's quiet but the display is blank.
Any ideas where to start looking?
tyia!

My generic answer to this is-- Weird startup issues can be caused by a bad C-30 capacitor on the MPU of a system 11. I have had quite a few that a new C-30 has fixed. Your issues really sound like this could be it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 109.00
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dozer1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only?tu=dozer1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.