IMG_1131 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_5287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpg
IMG_7112 (resized).jpg
IMG_0803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0802 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6921 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bowtech.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1382 6 years ago

Newbie to the pin scene and my first pin I now own it taxi. I had to replace a flipper sleeve today and after replacing it and powering it back up the machine defaulted back to factory settings. Not a big deal but I cannot get it back to free play. I hit the advance switch and it goes to the music test and will got go any further in the options. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

#1384 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

The switch in the middle is depressed. Two of your buttons are just push buttons but the middle one is a two way switch. Push it to release and then enter the menu again
Of course factory settings restored usually means the batteries are dead. You should replace those if you haven’t already

I understand the switch concept but when I press the advance button it only advances to the first test which is the music test and will not advance to any other audit or test modes.

#1389 6 years ago

thanks guys!

2 years later
#2146 3 years ago

So I picked up a ground up restore on a taxi that was done to try to help out with some issues it's been having since the work was completed. The main one I am looking for help with is the display. It does not work. It worked when he picked it up but cut out and stopped working. It is a pinscore display fyi. He sent it back and they got him a new one. He installed it and played a number of games then it cut out again. Its hard to believe it's another bad display. I am in the process of getting it home and set up but wondering where I should start?

#2148 3 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

So I picked up a ground up restore on a taxi that was done to try to help out with some issues it's been having since the work was completed. The main one I am looking for help with is the display. It does not work. It worked when he picked it up but cut out and stopped working. It is a pinscore display fyi. He sent it back and they got him a new one. He installed it and played a number of games then it cut out again. Its hard to believe it's another bad display. I am in the process of getting it home and set up but wondering where I should start?

Upon inspection I did find these burnt but I cannot make out from the online diagram what they control

20200823_164937 (resized).jpg20200823_164937 (resized).jpg
#2149 3 years ago

Also found this wire not connected at the bell

20200823_181647 (resized).jpg20200823_181647 (resized).jpg
#2151 3 years ago
Quoted from Barr993:

Definitely crispy. Q75 is left bumper and Q77 lower bumper, I'd look for something common there. Test both transistors and R104. The resistors R96-98 look like they need to be reflowed. Looks like there may be a trace on the back of the board that saw some heat too.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the help. Do you think I should just replace the transistors? If so, any idea of the part number? I can't see to locate it on Marcos

1 week later
#2169 3 years ago

Can anyone snap a picture of their knocker assembly and location please? Mine is missing and I would like to put it back in.

#2171 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

[quoted image]

Is that at the top?

1 month later
#2222 3 years ago

Can anyone post a shot of the ball plunger please? Mine does not feel smooth and makes a metal on metal noise when plunging. I feel there is a bushing missing. Here's mine.

20201011_160520 (resized).jpg20201011_160520 (resized).jpg
#2226 3 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Here is a photo - there is clearly something in my plunger that is not in yours. I looked in the manual for a parts breakdown but did not see one.
According to Funhouse manual (which I have handy) it requires shooter sleeve part #03-7357 however I have NO IDEA if this is a similar part for Taxi or not and given they are not the same system I would not assume without verifying somehow...
[quoted image]

Thanks for the help. I'll see what I can find.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 22.50
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 109.00
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bowtech.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only?tu=bowtech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.