IMG_1131 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_5287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpg
IMG_7112 (resized).jpg
IMG_0803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0802 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6921 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bohdi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#450 9 years ago

I'm finally in. Took a little while, but happy to be here now. I'm sure once I really dig into it, i'll have a few questions. tn.jpgtn.jpgtn 3.jpgtn 3.jpgtn 2.jpgtn 2.jpg

1 week later
#464 9 years ago

I got a couple questions for you TAXI owners. I recently picked mine up a couple weeks ago, and have not played one since probably 1990 til I got this one. So I'm not 100% sure just what's to suppose to light up or go off etc. under certain circumstances. When I pick up a passenger, or start 2 ball multiball or hit the Jackpot (may be a couple other instances) the backbox lights and the topper flash quite fast. Is this normal? And when the bell goes off, I hear the bell just find, but it also sounds extra loud like even a "buzzing" sound that accompanies it. You can even feel it a bit. People can hear it outside. Is this normal? Don't remember the bell being so LOUD. Any input? Thanks

#467 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Well, I just played a quick game of Taxi to try and determine what you are asking about. I got the jackpot on the 2nd ball, too. Mine plays like a bat outta hell fast. The lamps flicker extremely rapidly and the bell ring is extremely fast...to the point that the bell almost sounds like a buzzer, but I noticed no separate buzz apart from the loud bell. IMO, I think you are experiencing a normal Taxi pinball game.

Thanks for the input. The Flickering just seemed a bit much. Guess thats why there are flashers in the topper. Noticed it when i put LEDs up top. Seemed odd. Just don't remember it being like that. Thanks again

#475 8 years ago

Does ANYONE by chance have the Marilyn "Lites Carry Passengers" plastic they could part with? I know they're hard to find. 'Bout the only plastic I need.

marilyn.jpgmarilyn.jpg

#476 8 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Does ANYONE by chance have the Marilyn "Lites Carry Passengers" plastic they could part with? I know they're hard to find. 'Bout the only plastic I need.
marilyn.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Update: Found, ClassicArcades

#485 8 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

I need one too. Got a website link? I can't seem to find it.

I got it off Ebay from them. Search TAXI plastics and they're likely the seller selling the slingshot plastics. They didn't have the Marilyn plastic at the time up for auction, I just asked them if they had one and they did.

2 weeks later
#494 8 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Hardest shot for me is the crossover.

Same here. Maybe done the crossover twice.

#501 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Thanks.
Totally going into this blindly. The price point is amazing and almost too good to pass up.
Also needs the glass for the backglass (has translite). Anyone know the dimensions of the backbox glass?

27 x 18-7/8 x 1/8

1 week later
#525 8 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Taxi has Santa Claus

Taxi has it all

#529 8 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Is Gorbachev in any OTHER game?

Not that i know of??

#530 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I do like flints.. It's just that a clearcoated, touched up taxi is kind of rare. And I don't want a worn taxi..
Tough call.

Tell the guy 400.00 plus TAXI for Flinstones and see what he says. If he says yes, done deal.

2 weeks later
#540 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Going to look at one tomorrow. Needs a few parts, but comes with a brand new RED spinout ramp.

Are the ramps good? I just put new ones in mine, and my Arrival ramp is pretty decent.

#542 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I think they're good.
However, my friend may be getting a beater taxi tomorrow that will need two new ramps and he would be looking for two used ones.
I'll pm you if he needs!

My departure ramp is not the greatest, especially cosmetically, but it works just fine. LMK

#544 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Ill let you know.
I've seen the taxi he's going to look at. Both ramps have tin foil surrounding them. I'm sure anything is better than that!

LMK. I can snap some pics soon if need be

#547 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I'll let you know.
What's the deal with the new ramps and attaching the old switches? Weren't the old switches riveted to the ramps? I suppose you could drill the rivets off the old ramps and attach to the new ramps with screw/nuts.

NO drilling required on mine. Mounting brackets for switches, and the attaching "habitrail" for each ramp are present on the new ramps. 2 or 4 screws (depending on who mounted the switches) on each switch and that's it. JUST put my ramps on yesterday.

#572 8 years ago

'Bout time. Congrats

#574 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

^^ I dunno, I'll kinda miss Blackbeard's "Anyone got a Taxi to sell?" posts

Yeah, your right. But soon there will be a "Anyone got a Diner they want to sell?" posts

#577 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Can anyone tell me the post size for the post in my picture a few comments up? I wanna order parts, and I need that post.

Should just be a 2" screw, 6/32 thread. Pretty sure. Take the existing out yet or no?

#579 8 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Should just be a 2" screw or maybe a 1 3/4. 6/32 thread. Pretty sure. Take the existing out yet or no? Just get the old one out and the same length machine screw 6/32

#580 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

No, not yet. The one that's in there looks to be just some random screw. I'm thinking since the top of the post doesn't seem to screw onto anything, any post would probably work there.
Thanks Bohdi. Man have I missed this game. Just awesome.

I had a couple I had to replace up top in the rollovers, and they were just a standard 6/32 machine screw 1 3/4 inch. Hardware store just cut some down to size for me.

#582 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Here is a pic I found on another's shop out pic file: (it's the middle post)
DSCN0736.JPG

So, you want one with a threaded top for an acorn nut? Just get a 2" post from Terry if you using PBL. That should do it530-5010-02.jpg530-5010-02.jpg

#584 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Perfect.
I know once I begin the shopout, they'll be others that break, so a second order will probably occur. We all know how that goes!
Thanks again.

Get spares. Always have metal posts and T-nuts, cuz your gonna need some. I replaced every single star post on mine (26 I believe) and I think I replaced 4 or 5 T-nuts, and about 6 metal posts or screws.

#588 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Are there all 6/32?

I believe so, but not 100% sure.

#604 8 years ago

Anyone looking for Ramps? I have an acceptable Departure ramp, and a pretty decent Arrival ramp. Will sell them separately or as a pair. Pics upon request, or maybe i'll put a couple up this weekend.

#609 8 years ago
Quoted from DayDay:

Anyone else have the problem with removing posts that have the nut on the bottom of the playfield with teeth that bites into the wood? The problem I have is the teeth break off or something and they just spin. Some of them I just tried to grab with a pair of pliers and twist the screw out. Most of the time I accidentally rip the heads off the screw. What do you usually do in that situation? I'm learning by mistakes I guess.

Heat up the t'nut with a soldering gun, that will loosen the nut. If not, pry up the edges and use a visegrip to grip it, then you unscrew the post. Then just replace the t'nut. There very cheap. Terry sells them for .10.

#611 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Problem is is if that tnut has chewed up the underside of the pf, it won't grip anymore.
To get that nut out if the post is broken you can also push something down into the post hole and push the tnut out.
Bohdi: side note: my bud didn't get that taxi. Won't need the ramps. Just an fyi

T-nut will likely grip no matter what. I had no problems replacing any of mine when I had to use the visegrip method. Little chewed on the PF underside, should still work fine. OK on the ramps

#613 8 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Hello friends, I am still looking to "hail" a Taxi. May have a lead on one. Going to try to go see it, but described to me as a 6/10 cab and 6/10 playfield. Has LED's, fully working.
What is a fair price range?
Thanks

Depends on how bad the PF is. Are the 3 ramps intact, cracked? Tough to say without more details and some pics. Rough guess unseen? 900-1200

3 months later
#711 8 years ago

Does anyone have a spare set of ramps and or plastics they would sell? Used is fine as long as they are usable. More interested in ramps than plastics as it makes the game super hard to play with bad ramps.

PM sent

4 months later
#834 8 years ago
Quoted from indy5mike:

I need to sell one more game to fit in my space. Can't decide whether to sell my DE Simpsons or my Taxi, if I sell Taxi I will have a CPR Playfield, CPR Backglass and new ramps I won't need. When they do sell what are they getting for the Playfield?
Thanks,
Mike

I may interested in your Playfield if ever for sale. Think there going for about...........200.00

#837 8 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Did you have to dremel or file down the ramp to get it to fit? I have heard fit is not great because of the thicker plastics on the repro ramps. wondering if the need to thin the ramp to make it fit is causing this cracking issue for people?

My new ramps last Fall from Starship were a very tight fit, but they went in fine. Have had absolutely no issues with cracking or anything as of yet..

1 month later
#906 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

That machine is way nicer than the one my dad restored......

Ya know, I was kind of thinking this machine was beyond salvageable, but not my call so...

4 months later
#993 7 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Sorry I meant ramps.... My plastics are fine ... The ramps are beat up

Starship-Fantasy.com

2 weeks later
#999 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Finishing up a big tear down / shop out of my new taxi acquisition. Just waiting on a handful of bulbs and flashers for under PF and some insert decals (4 inserts in and around pops were not so hot).
Cab on this game is in super nice shape... Inside and out.
Very happy with the purchase!

That's a nice looking TAXI. When I tore my down, and added LED's, I added a purple flasher under each ramp entrance. Adds just enough "color" during the light show. Subtle, but a nice change.

#1001 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I actually stuck some blue ones there... Agree... Adds a nice touch

Exactly. Purple sounds "gaudy" but it looks nice.

#1002 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I actually stuck some blue ones there... Agree... Adds a nice touch

OOPS, double post

4 weeks later
#1034 7 years ago
Quoted from joey__p__1966:

Anyone have a scan or file made to print the CAB decal on the arrival ramp?
Thanks ,
Joey

Bay Area Amusements carries both sets + the carry passengers decal for 8.00. I'd put up the link, but don't know how..

2 weeks later
#1053 7 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

Starship fantasy has the ramps and they send you the decals separately. I'd check to see if they would just sell the decals.

Last time I checked on just decals, you could not get them separately. But that was over a year ago. They might sell them separately now, but doubtful. Might as well check. .

2 months later
#1106 7 years ago
Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

FOR SALE: New topper with decal installed 75 shipped
I bought all the parts to restore my taxi over time, when I restored my taxi last year I realized I had two toppers. Its brand new with the decal installed.
thanks,
rob

I might be interested.

#1107 7 years ago

Actually very interested

1 week later
#1117 7 years ago
Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

Topper Is Still Available

Still want it Rob, just been spending too much $$$ lately

2 months later
#1169 7 years ago

Nice looking TAXI. Wish mine was that nice, although mine looks and plays great. Where is the 2 million shot on this game? I've played it a million times. When you run the ramps however many times, 8 I believe, the Million Shot lights up near Santa. And, if you get the Special via "Joyride", that equates to a free game, not lighting the outlane Specials. Hope that helps a bit.

#1172 7 years ago

I don't think it's a Lola/Marilyn thing. I've never seen a speaker panel with a 2 million on it. Very strange. Sure someone knows what's up with it. Had both versions of this game, and played numerous others, and never seen it...

2 weeks later
#1193 7 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

I have the apron and I think it looks nice on a home machine. If you are a purist, you won't like it, but I haven't been disappointed with anything I've purchased from Tilt.

Have a pic?

3 weeks later
#1216 6 years ago
Quoted from UNCCShannon:

Yeah I saw the limo but the one above Lola I don't see individually so I'd have to buy a whole set which I am trying to avoid doing if possible, until down the road at least.

Check with Classicrcades on the Lites "Carry Passengers" plastic. They typically have them on Ebay, but it doesn't appear they have one listed right now, but they may have them in stock anyways. I emailed them through one of there Ebay listings months ago and they had one..

1 month later
#1288 6 years ago

Game looks fantastic! I will say though, but this is just MY opinion, and by no means am I saying it looks bad or saying you bleeped it up, but I just prefer non-colored LED's in the Passenger "Picked Up" inserts. To each his own preference is always accepted in my book. Awesome game and enjoy it.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bohdi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only?tu=bohdi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.