IMG_1131 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_5287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpg
IMG_7112 (resized).jpg
IMG_0803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0802 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6921 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Y3AG3R.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1992 3 years ago

Alright so I picked Taxi up on Friday of last week and I've been trying to get through this thread before posting but I'm on page 32 and referenced several other threads and haven't been able to figure this out yet.

I have Speech/callouts, I do not have background music.

I found this thread ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sound-test-button-on-system-11-games-question#post-987688) and I tried flipping the power off and back on quickly. This worked for me the very first time but maybe only once since then. I have tried it at least 50 more times without luck. I also replaced the C30 capacitor like they mentioned and still no luck.

Initial boot, no bong...

SW1 Sound test produced both test sounds...

Sound test in menu system, no back ground sounds only speech/callouts.

I have read a few other threads that mention U41 is the chip that drives the background music. I missed this when I purchased it but it does look like there is corrosion or at least there was in the past. Doe you guys think this is enough to cause my issues. Or do you know how I could confirm the chip is the issue?

IMG_4883 (resized).jpgIMG_4883 (resized).jpg
#1999 3 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

That corrosion is pretty bad. It extends all the way down to U36 & U37.

Yeah I am sending my boards out to get professionally fixed. It's a lot cheaper than buying new boards and I have been told the aftermarket boards have issues. NVRAM will be added to prevent this in the future.

#2000 3 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Just finished my full taxi restoration.. used rad Cal's and hard top.. pretty happy to get taxi back in my life...
She was the first pinball I put in my house, many moons ago...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

LOVE the black powder coat!! This is exactly what i want to do to mine, including the yellow leg bolt washers lol.

#2001 3 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Also, check that your plunger rod isnt bent... I've had that happen before on a brand new rod. Just spin it in the housing and see if the rubber end moves side to side.

I noticed this with mine, I have a slow motion video of mine that looks exactly like the previous one posted here. Not letting me post a video though. It slams up against the left side of the launch ramp and loses all momentum. When I spin my shooter rod you can clearly see it is bent. You will also notice it will a stutter while you pull it back. This is because the bend is causing it to bind.

1 week later
#2015 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Whoops, it snuck in to my dining room/work area while the wife was away....
LEDs about 85% done. Finishing it out with warm white for now. Money's a bit tight right now but I WANTED sunlight. Oh well.
Some of this GI is really making my life miserable. Granted I should really tear down the topside entirely and CLEAN, thoroughly...but that's gonna have to wait.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Really like the stop light bumper colors

3 weeks later
#2118 3 years ago

I can't remember if this has been posted here before but wanted to share, I wish this group had bookmarked Topics...

I installed new Pinscore displays as most of mine were out. I am having an alignment issue with the Jackpot Display. This post describes how to align your translite to the backbox door. I have heard the CPR Backglasses have alignment issues as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pinball/comments/afp5d8/help_with_updown_alignment_on_pinscore/ee0ubfs?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

#2119 3 years ago

Turns out I was missing 1 of the washers. I think I had one in the cabinet when i cleaned it out but can't find it now. Alignment is better now but you can see the light around it. As he mentions in his post I still need to figure that out.

2 months later
#2223 3 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Can anyone post a shot of the ball plunger please? Mine does not feel smooth and makes a metal on metal noise when plunging. I feel there is a bushing missing. Here's mine.
[quoted image]

With the plunger in its resting position look at your shooter rod tip. Rotate the shooter rod and see if there is noticeable movement. Mine is significantly bent because the rod/tip is too long. I assume it got bent from too many people putting the playfield down and hitting it.

1 year later
#2638 2 years ago

So my taxi suffers from a bent shooter rod i guess because the spring on the outside of the cab is shot.

I have a Stern AIQ shooter rod that i replaced, could i use that for my Taxi? i could take mine out and check but i am lazy and figured someone might know the answer already.

1 week later
#2661 2 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Just gonna have to count them. I usually buy 2 25 packs of 2SMD from comet for the GI, and then manually make a list of color matched non ghosting 1smd for inserts. Flashers I usually leave as incandescent unless a lot are burned out in which case I’ll switch those out. It’s tedious to count but worth it.
For the Taxi I had, I went with cool white for the GI, cool white behind all yellows, warm white for the characters, cool white for the 1 or 2 other white inserts there are and then the other ones are obvious. It looked pretty good to me
[quoted image][quoted image]

I can't remember where i heard or saw this. Maybe in a Comet video on youtube but pink behind yellow looks awesome! It gives the yellow looks without blowing it out like the white does. I have one from the sample packs i bought from comet. I'll see if i can find it and try it out in taxi today. I haven't gotten this far on mine yet.

#2663 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I think I read on Comets site that pink is also used for the orange inserts. It said all the cool kids are doing it,so I'm in.

Ok i just tried it. For the multiplier taxi's at least it is a no go. I think the inserts are too transparent. on my meteor and baby pac it did look better. but taxi i would say no. I would stick with the retro 1 smd or something of a similat color.

The pics actually look good but you can faintly tell it is pink. In person it is like blindingly pink. I also posted a 1 smd led vs a brand new incandescent and holy hell the incandescents suck lol

I replaced the burnt ones i also pictured below and there is no difference with a new one.

Also don't mind the dirty ass playfield my rubber is deteriorating. Hoping to start cleaning this one up this winter.

IMG_2712 (resized).jpgIMG_2712 (resized).jpgIMG_2717 (resized).jpgIMG_2717 (resized).jpgIMG_2719 (resized).jpgIMG_2719 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#2706 2 years ago

Take a slow mo video of the ball launching and you will most likely see it is not centered and that it shoots it off in one direction rattling up the wire form. Mine also is too long and bent. So you have to spin it just right. In the process of collecting parts now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 109.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Y3AG3R.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only?tu=Y3AG3R and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.