IMG_1131 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_5287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpg
IMG_7112 (resized).jpg
IMG_0803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0802 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6921 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RonSwanson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1421 6 years ago
Quoted from Dart1970:

Could someone post a couple of pics of the plug and wires for the joyride light PCB on the back of the display panel please? I joined the club in January and am starting to work through some hacks and I am completely missing the plug and wires for that PCB and the speakers. TIA.

Better late than never??

15224561513021464139502 (resized).jpg15224561513021464139502 (resized).jpg

1522456267887441348122 (resized).jpg1522456267887441348122 (resized).jpg

1522456290671884259695 (resized).jpg1522456290671884259695 (resized).jpg

2 years later
#1776 4 years ago

I'm searching for a couple of leftover Taxi insert decals you may have sitting around. I only need a few (for example, "C", "Joyride" and "Raise Jackpot"), and would rather not buy an entire sheet of decals for $60 just to use a few. I'm willing to pay of course. Thanks!

1 week later
#1795 4 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

We just got done cleaning up a new to us Taxi picked up about a week or so ago. You can see about our cleanup here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-up-a-taxi#post-5587176
One thing left to do is to fix the lower row of displays. What's the current consensus on what's best? Rottendog? X-Pin? Pinscore? Any cheaper alternatives out there?
Thanks!
-Paul

Looking good! I've been happy with X-Pin.

#1801 4 years ago

May not be useful if X-Pin is out of stock, but the jackpot display works fine in my Taxi. The grey vinyl gels do help a lot when the game is off.

4 months later
#2153 3 years ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

What is supposed to be on the backglass Taxi meter display? I was under the impression that it shows the jack pot value between balls. During play I thought it was supposed to show the bonus racking up slowly, like a taxi fare. Mine stubbornly just shows the jackpot value 100% of the time. I am using updated ROMs bought from someone on Pinside and the game plays normally from what I can tell except for this one aspect.

Correct, it shows the bonus slowly building points in addition to the jackpot.

#2160 3 years ago
Quoted from TK2012:

I`d change it out with X-pin displays. Mine look great

Also agree with X-Pin. Looks great and is plug and play.

11 months later
#2568 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Long story short,I played a Taxi at Pinfest,and I really liked it. I never played one before,but I'd love to buy one.
What should I look out for when I check out this machine?
One more thing how much more would a Marilyn cost versus a Lola?
Thanks in advance
Ralph

Personally I wouldn't pay any extra for a Marilyn. So many Lolas have been turned into Marilyns it seems like Lola is now the less common version.

The spinout ramp can be a mess and often needs to be replaced. The departure ramp takes a beating from the Drac catapult and is often cracked. If you replace those ramps you'll probably just go ahead and get a new arrival ramp too.

3 months later
#2714 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Has anyone ever used this on their Taxi ? I'm trying to figure out how I could use it on my Taxi departure ramp?

I have one. It protects the area where the Drac catapult throws the ball onto the ramp. That area takes a beating.

#2719 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:Like RonSwanson said, that part of the ramp gets hammered by the catapult. I’ve seen it cracked and repaired on several Taxi machines, including my original.
My repro ramps are definitely thicker than the originals and could probably take it, but I got the protector anyway.

I also have new ramps and installed the protector just to be safe.

3 months later
#2828 2 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I just did this with my Whirlwind topper... looks like new at a fraction of the cost.

I also did this to Whirlwind and it looks great. I would be hesitant on the Taxi topper though since it lights up from the inside. Would the spray paint block the light?

2 weeks later
#2887 1 year ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

My display has been progressively fizzling out for years now and I think it's time to bite the bullet and replace it. I see XPin and Pinscore replacements. Any other options I'm missing? Pinscore seems out of stock for taxi. Xpin is not LED, correct? I like the color options with XPin and it seems a bit cheaper as well. Any thoughts or recommendations?
Thanks!

I have Xpin displays. They are LED, and I've been very happy with them.

2 months later
#2989 1 year ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

I just picked up a taxi and when I went to turn it on I’m getting a loud hum and the game won’t boot. I did find this ground wire not connected to anything in the head and I was wondering if anybody knows what it should be connected to?
It did work before I loaded it and drove eight hours.
Thank you in advance
[quoted image]

That attaches to one of the speaker screws, and should get rid of the hum.

#2991 1 year ago

Did you remove the green speaker ground when transporting the game home? Did you remove other connectors? Seems like something jiggled loose or didn't get connected back the right way during the move. Have you checked and reseated all fuses?

#2994 1 year ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

It was a loose connector on the power supply board. I reflowed some solder and now we are all good!

Glad you got it fixed. I'm sure you were ready to play your new game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.00
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RonSwanson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only?tu=RonSwanson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.