IMG_1131 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_5287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpg
IMG_7112 (resized).jpg
IMG_0803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0802 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6921 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lostcause.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3059 1 year ago

Just picked this up, few things to work out. Skill shot was Terrible, red spring added and some adjustments now just about ok.
Need to look at the topper, all there but not lighting up and bell not working again all there.
Flippers need rebuilding but managed 5.3 mil earlier, cool game. Will be putting it next to fish tales eventually.

4000891C-AB72-4F6A-89F5-B90CA4061D20 (resized).jpeg4000891C-AB72-4F6A-89F5-B90CA4061D20 (resized).jpeg
#3061 1 year ago

Nothing better to do today but work on Taxi!
Fixed the bell, just had to file down the contacts as even though they were touching tight there was no connection, topper had bad lamps and used WPC flipper parts to make the flippers snappy and stronger. Managed to blow right flipper F5 fuse somehow, contacts were gapped good

All working great and my wife said it’s probably her favourite now so good result as she didn’t like Robocop so that’s on its way out now even though I liked it but I have recently sold her favourite game so it’s only fair.

Playing great now.

2 weeks later
#3074 1 year ago
Quoted from VeryCurious:

I could use advice on a weak left flipper. I recently rebuilt both flippers, upgraded them to Fliptronic style and both flippers have been snappy since then. Today I happened to hit the jackpot not once, but twice (I never hit it before)! Shortly after that the left flipper got weak and I limped through the rest of my plays (the right flipper continued to play fine). Afterwards I pulled up the playfield and checked the connections, sleeve, stroke, EOS, flipper button, etc, and everything seems to be ok.
So now I'm wondering if maybe all the jackpot excitement might have over-juiced something somewhere. How can I check this? I have a multimeter but not sure where to begin. Is there a multimeter walkthrough for System 11s, or Taxi specifically?
And anything else I should consider?

Funnily enough after I put WPC flipper parts on mine they went a bit weird then only the right stopped working, it was F5 fuse that went. I readjusted the EOS switches as well and all is good.

#3082 1 year ago
Quoted from RCW:

Would like to see the results of installing this board on your machine - keep us posted!

I have installed quite a few of these OCD and Afterglow boards and I can tell you without even installing it that you will see a nice on/off fading led which gives a better overall effect.
I will not install LED’s into inserts without one, I’m just putting warm white leds in the GI on mine and leaving incandescents in the inserts for now as I know it will annoy me and not look right to me anyway.
Some people don’t mind the instant on and off though with LED’s, wish I was one of them lol

#3084 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Who is building version 1.4 right now?

I don’t know but I first got Afterglow through Vimtoman then Stumblor was doing them, I think Stumblor is still going to sell them but do not know when or which version but they were going to be easier to build. Still testing I’m guessing.

1 week later
#3085 1 year ago

Just finished kind of restoring the playfield etc as it was horrible. Removed all art on inserts and polished, cutting compound on the playfield then magic eraser to remove the rest if the ball marks. Then fitted a playfield insert kit and protector. Plus other stuff but it’s gone from an ugly duckling to a Marilyn!
Playing really nice now.
B1EBD968-2282-4F2B-983C-E80F9E0D2B5D (resized).jpegB1EBD968-2282-4F2B-983C-E80F9E0D2B5D (resized).jpegB6BAB93C-2CA4-432D-AEE7-23776D239AF8 (resized).jpegB6BAB93C-2CA4-432D-AEE7-23776D239AF8 (resized).jpeg

A570131E-C47C-4E37-B9F7-3581F6130768 (resized).jpegA570131E-C47C-4E37-B9F7-3581F6130768 (resized).jpeg34163308-5B8A-4CCE-B8ED-5BCE743425F2 (resized).jpeg34163308-5B8A-4CCE-B8ED-5BCE743425F2 (resized).jpeg

5D11C33B-F575-4AD8-B4D0-A944C81E1E18 (resized).jpeg5D11C33B-F575-4AD8-B4D0-A944C81E1E18 (resized).jpeg
#3088 1 year ago

Wonderful work!
In the picture the flipper bat plastic should be aligned with the alignment hole, if they are adjusted properly.

Thanks.
I thought you were supposed to put a cocktail stick or something in the hole then rest the flipper on it, but have also heard what you are saying.
If I lower the flipper the cradle angle will be very low, I put WPC flipper rebuild kits on. Left one has moved up a bit even though I roughed it up.
Only annoying thing is flipper hop from the inlanes, left is worse and not sure how to stop that as no adjustment.

#3091 1 year ago

You put a toothpick/drill bit/allen wrench etc. in the hole between the rubber and the bat.
If the bat moves in a fresh rebuild it needs to be tightened more, but dont break off the bolt.
Roughing up the shaft hasnt helped me at all. So i don't bother.
The rubber helps to keep the toothpick in place when adjusting.
If you use a metal pin, DO NOT FORGET TO PULL IT OUT.
It WILL scratch the playfield if you opetate the flipper with it still in place.

Thanks for the info, I will take some footage and post it here this weekend. Very annoying as it makes it very hard to keep hitting the ramps which when I do is very satisfying. I’m surprised how much I like this game, the look of it never appealed to me. I love it and so does my wife

#3093 1 year ago

Can you post a vid of the hop?

I bent the return lanes forward a bit and has fixed it, they were leaning back slightly.

#3094 1 year ago

……

1 month later
#3102 1 year ago
Quoted from token84:

Looks great. Can you kindly pass the link to the playfield insert kit? I've tried the decals from Ministry of Pinball and when they are illuminated from underneath then the text and color wash out, making me think that I can't use LEDs with the decals.

They are from MOP and they do look a bit washed out and I’m using incandescents, it’s good enough and a massive improvement with what it was.
Also the kit is missing one special W/L outlane decal and they just don't care, I just fitted a spare ‘taxi’ on my left outlane.

I didn’t want to fit a hardtop due to them coming away for some people and I recently bought FT playfield from CPR which I’m not overly happy with so went the cheap fast what can go wrong route of decals and protector, couldn’t be happier considering everything!

#3105 1 year ago
Quoted from jam878:

I have a quick question about the bob tilt in Taxi—How sensitive is the actual circuit supposed to be? I would expect that the circuit would complete and a tilt warning would register upon the bob hitting the rim, but on my Taxi I need to apply a small amount of pressure before the tilt registers. Even with the bob set very tight, a warning hardly ever registers. Has anybody else experienced this?

Maybe you need to clean it up so it contacts better?

1 week later
#3133 1 year ago
Quoted from PatWoodrailLVR:

Just picked up my first Taxi today (Lola).. cabinet is nice, back glass is nice.. PF has wear as to be expected with this title. Does anyone have a source for the decals/stickers for the PF of the characters etc. My Gorby and others are worn off in big areas. I might consider a Hard Top overlay, but not sure I want to tackle that just yet.

I just fitted a playfield decal set and put a playfield protector on mine and it was in a really bad way with a hole in the Gorby insert too!
Set was from Ministry of Pinball, you can probably get a set closer to home.
Looks pretty good now.

087AD30C-0E23-4360-89A2-68DE4B2D58A2 (resized).jpeg087AD30C-0E23-4360-89A2-68DE4B2D58A2 (resized).jpeg0E8B3741-1FE0-4A93-8595-DFAF59B9C104 (resized).jpeg0E8B3741-1FE0-4A93-8595-DFAF59B9C104 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3141 1 year ago

Thanks LostCause.. I ordered a set from ministry of pinball. I have a Lola, and oddly they are out of stock on Lola so I ordered Marilyn.. maybe this will be the first step in converting this to a Marilyn. Lola walks like a woman but talks like a man

That sure would make it a super Taxi! But sadly I'm not brave enough to do a PF swap. I did order the PF decal set. I'm going on a road trip today to buy another one which is an upgrade to this one. Once I get it I'll be putting the one I have now up for sale.

I’m not a Lola type of guy lol
There was one SPECIAL W/L outlane decal not in the set and I did tell them but seems they don’t care and if you look at the pics on MOP you will notice it is missing!
I just put a spare TAXI decal on my left outlane.

I polished my inserts after scraping them to clear off crap then polished them up, also used magic eraser, cutting and polishing compound which removed 95% of the horrible ball marks and lines from the playfield.
I fitted the decals with the wet method and had a floodlight underneath so I could line them up perfectly, was really easy and quick.

#3145 1 year ago

I'm guessing that the Marilyn Decal set from Ministry will have all of the decals and or overlays to cover up Lola and make my game a Faux Marilyn? This is my second Taxi which I just picked up this week. It already had the Marilyn sound chips in it, I had a Marilyn translite. So now just some decals and I'll be happy. I guess Lola gives new meaning to "Trans-Lite".. don't get me wrong I love the Kinks and the song, but Marilyn is the only way to go for me. BTW the Lola is for sale on FB Market and CL..[quoted image]

Yes it will have what you need to swop to Marilyn, I have the Lola ‘trans-lite’ as the previous owner replaced it with that as it was all he could get at the time I think. Will change it back one day.

1 week later
#3159 1 year ago

Looks great, my MOP decal set came today, can I PM you, or Email you to get some tips on the best way to do this. I have two Taxi's one is a Lola PF with Marilyn BG and CHIP set.. I'd like to make this a Faux Marilyn for my own pleasure. So I cut the big triangle and the marilyn hailing a Taxi decals out. The second TAXI has some worn inserts I'd like to use the rest to clean up that PF including CAB which are worn.. or we can discuss it here if it's not too lengthy. BTW I have a case of freeze spray I have never tried yet, I'm assuming this is a good way to remove the protective mylar. Thanks.

No problem, sent you a message.

5 months later
#3343 9 months ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

Thanks for the reply.
Aren't non-ghosting overkill for GI? I didn't think ghosting was an issue in the GI circuit.

I fitted premium 2 warm whites from that UK pin led website, the fluted looking one. They are (2smd) non ghosting which you don’t need but only available like that, they are a bit warmer than comet sunlights and look really good on my Taxi.

I prefer them over Comets which I have on others and they are like what CGC use on remakes.

Think they are out of stock, need to do another order myself.

#3346 9 months ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

Ok thanks, I'll give them a try

Pinballinfo10 Discount code for 10%off, they look really good on Taxi.

#3348 9 months ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

Just have to wait until they get some

Same here, been out of stock for a while I think.

Looks a bit warmer than the pic, if you look you can see a yellow glow from the flippers. That’s a comet warm white trough led strip which is nothing like the warm white premium 2 leds. Warm whites everywhere, the blue lane guides is giving it that blue look at the back.
Totally dark room.

9534B2A2-3138-42FF-BA3E-D33C53EE20E0 (resized).jpeg9534B2A2-3138-42FF-BA3E-D33C53EE20E0 (resized).jpeg

#3350 9 months ago

Yes centre is a bit dark but that’s in a pitch black room, I fitted custom lighting in my room so once that’s on and even dimmed right down it’s ok.
Only way to light that area otherwise is with spots, Comets would light less area when I look at my High Speed with Sunlights.

Pic with room lights on dim, phone takes a better pic. The pic with lights off doesn’t look quite right with phone.

6BEB058E-ABED-48B2-BE7B-3BAD3B94C733 (resized).jpeg6BEB058E-ABED-48B2-BE7B-3BAD3B94C733 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#3377 9 months ago

Yeah my ball gets stuck there too!
Will be raising mine again soon, I thought it was a bit low and raised it a touch but not enough.

That skill shot

3 months later
#3425 5 months ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

I’m getting significant ball hop on the right lane only.
Anything fixable today without having to order cliffys?

I have bent the metal inlane rail forward to fix this on mine.

#3435 5 months ago

I fitted a flipper rebuild kit in mine a while back that were spare for my fish tales, much more snappy and powerful. I extended the springs a bit to reduce the power lol.

2 months later
#3493 3 months ago
Quoted from token84:

Can someone please help determine where the white blue and green/green-black wires (shown here and not connected) go on the coin door control switches?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like they go to one of the coin door slot micro switches.

IMG_9060 (resized).jpegIMG_9060 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lostcause.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only?tu=Lostcause and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.