IMG_1131 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_5287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpg
IMG_7112 (resized).jpg
IMG_0803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0802 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6921 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Leeb18509.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1515 4 years ago

Just finished up this one. (after 5 months...lol)

taxi (resized).jpgtaxi (resized).jpgtaxi 2 (resized).jpgtaxi 2 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1539 4 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Same size as your other seven system 11 games.

Lol..

2 months later
#1552 4 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Just joined the club! Anyone have a used but decent extra, express way 1 and a lite passengers plastic? Express one is missing and lite passengers is homemade. Other than that she will clean up nicely![quoted image]

I may have those. Let me check..

#1556 4 years ago

On mine, yellow is on the bottom or closest to the front of the game when installed.

1 month later
#1580 4 years ago

I have an extra ramp from my shop out. I forget which one, but if it's the one you need you can have it.

#1583 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

The one I need is the one on the left side of the PF, the departure ramp.

Ok, I'll check tonight.

Thanks FLASHBALL !

#1587 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

The one I need is the one on the left side of the PF, the departure ramp.

Sorry P_G, the one I have left is the arrivals ramp on the right.

1 month later
#1655 4 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

The t-nuts on system 11's suck. Make sure to order a handful when you go to do a swap or hard top.

This, x1000. It's the loctite they used. I learned after the fact that you should heat up the t-nuts with a soldering iron to loosen the goo on the posts.

1 month later
#1725 4 years ago

TLDR. WTF does it do?

1 month later
#1845 3 years ago

You should be able to bend the end of the mech that strikes the ball one way or the other. That should help.

#1855 3 years ago

I have a bunch of shop out photos I can send you if you need them.

#1860 3 years ago

Oh yeah, I probably just did some channel locks with a towel around them or something. The caps probably won't fit over those pop bulbs but you can usually remove the dome with some needle nose pliers.

1 week later
#1881 3 years ago

There might be a small pre-driver (half-circle, 3 legs) before the transistor. It might be bad too. You'll know if you replace the transistor and the coil still locks on.

2 weeks later
#1908 3 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Super thank you.
Were do you connect those 2 capacitor wires to?
Your info saves me a lot of cash.
I also have a lot of white powder on almost all the metal pieces under the playfield?
How do I clean that without damaging something? What causes that white powder anyway?

Might be a re-import from Central America?

1 month later
#1988 3 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Could somebody share me his Taxi shop out pictures please? Took a lot of pictures but some parts are not clear for me.
Thanks in advance

I don't really know how to work Dropbox. See if these work.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6l03xhsus7nq4x0/AABI-NfnkQR9wPtB4Jjv-75Xa?dl=0

#1995 3 years ago
Quoted from Y3AG3R:

Alright so I picked Taxi up on Friday of last week and I've been trying to get through this thread before posting but I'm on page 32 and referenced several other threads and haven't been able to figure this out yet.
I have Speech/callouts, I do not have background music.
I found this thread ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sound-test-button-on-system-11-games-question#post-987688) and I tried flipping the power off and back on quickly. This worked for me the very first time but maybe only once since then. I have tried it at least 50 more times without luck. I also replaced the C30 capacitor like they mentioned and still no luck.
Initial boot, no bong...
SW1 Sound test produced both test sounds...
Sound test in menu system, no back ground sounds only speech/callouts.
I have read a few other threads that mention U41 is the chip that drives the background music. I missed this when I purchased it but it does look like there is corrosion or at least there was in the past. Doe you guys think this is enough to cause my issues. Or do you know how I could confirm the chip is the issue?[quoted image]

My game very occasionally does this, but it's only on ball one. When I drain and plunge ball 2-3, the music starts up. I haven't looked into it.

1 week later
#2029 3 years ago

It's not as bad as it seems since almost all the connectors are keyed for specific spots. I used to mark on the connector with a thin sharpie which plugs went where (J121, etc.) . You could do that.

1 week later
#2069 3 years ago

Mine only has the 2 screws to the wireform tabs, no tab on the trunk of the Taxi.

IMG_9367 (resized).JPGIMG_9367 (resized).JPGIMG_9377 (resized).JPGIMG_9377 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#2186 3 years ago

You can get these G.I. relay boards at Great Lakes modular.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#2189 3 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

I found that site during my search. They are no longer in business, but leave the site up for some reason.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/great-lakes-modular-still-in-business

Well shit, that sucks. I had no idea. Last thing I ordered from them was years ago and was very happy to find someone making these unique type of boards.

1 month later
#2228 3 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Question: the kick out above Santa constantly pushes the ball straight down the middle with no chance at it unless you nudge the machine. The playfield is leveled perfectly and the pitch is correct as well per the manual. What is the first adjustment I should make to attempt to correct this issue? I know sometimes the scoops can be moved or sometimes the parts behind the scoop but before I take the ramp off and look I thought I would check with the experts since this game is new to me.

What I've done before is physically bend the kickout "fin" that knocks the ball out of the hole. Just a little bend to the right or left and the ball should come out a little differently. You can do this from the bottom of the playfield so no removing ramps, etc.

7 months later
#2505 2 years ago

Should go to J20 on the board.

20210528_145042 (resized).jpg20210528_145042 (resized).jpg20210528_145100 (resized).jpg20210528_145100 (resized).jpg
#2509 2 years ago

Yeah, that's weird.

3 months later
#2585 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Those slingshot plastics are incorrect though!

What makes you say that?

2 months later
#2633 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Most games now have the marilyn playfield and backglass.
Lola seems more rare today.

Agree. Everyone wants to tell you how rare Marilyn is and then show you the one they have.

5 months later
#2885 1 year ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

My display has been progressively fizzling out for years now and I think it's time to bite the bullet and replace it. I see XPin and Pinscore replacements. Any other options I'm missing? Pinscore seems out of stock for taxi. Xpin is not LED, correct? I like the color options with XPin and it seems a bit cheaper as well. Any thoughts or recommendations?
Thanks!

Some of their other products have issues, but I've had great luck with Rottendog displays and they were always less expensive than anything else.
https://www.thepinballwizard.net/rottendog-circuit-boards/williams-dual-16-digit-alphanumeric-display-classic-orange-dis240/

#2904 1 year ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

This display looks identical to the one in taxi but doesn't include the meter bonus display. I actually only need the 16 digit display, my meter bonus is perfect. Will this work? I thought taxi 16 digit display had another extra ribbon connector to connect the meter bonus and this made the display in your link incompatible with taxi. Correct me if I'm wrong because this would be perfect if it's compatible.
Taxi isn't in the list of compatible games for any rottendog displays I see.

Give the place a call. I'm 99% sure it would be a drop in replacement. I saw Taxi wasn't on the list but a ton of places that sell these came up as a replacement for this PN. I can't imagine they would make a System 11B board and not include the extra output. Maybe I'm wrong. The ones I've seen that were "Taxi" specific were like $299. But I feel like that's just because it's a whole "kit" replacement.

#2905 1 year ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Give the place a call. I'm 99% sure it would be a drop in replacement. I saw Taxi wasn't on the list but a ton of places that sell these came up as a replacement for this PN. I can't imagine they would make a System 11B board and not include the extra output. Maybe I'm wrong. The ones I've seen that were "Taxi" specific were like $299. But I feel like that's just because it's a whole "kit" replacement.

Edit: Never heard of Wolfpac before today, so maybe give that one a try? Good price for sure. 2nd edit, you have to build the thing yourself? Fuck that....lol

2 weeks later
#2953 1 year ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Messed with mine quite a bit tonight. The switch in the bowl seemed to be slowing down the revs quite a bit so I tweaked it. My shooter rod is aligned dead center. I deep cleaned tge spinout bowl and waxed the shooter lane. Still 75k is my max.
I can get more than plenty of revs if I launch the ball by hand after the wireform. But something between shooter rod and wireform is drastically slowing it down. Maybe its time for a slo-mo video to hopefully catch something im not seeing right off hand.

I thought someone made an optical version of that switch on here somewhere. Might be worth replacing it.

5 months later
#3078 1 year ago

Meh, that's pinball.

1 month later
#3100 1 year ago

Selling a restored and CC PF. Should be easier to work with vs. a CPR.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/147775

#3107 1 year ago

Grumpy is the SHIT!

#3118 1 year ago
Quoted from PowerzoneCH:

Could anyone provide me a fine scan from a Playfield Marylin version? ‍♂️

I have a PF I could scan, but not sure how?

#3122 1 year ago
Quoted from PowerzoneCH:

No scanner there?

No. I guess there's a place locally. Cost $85.

1 week later
#3135 1 year ago
Quoted from PatWoodrailLVR:

Just picked up my first Taxi today (Lola).. cabinet is nice, back glass is nice.. PF has wear as to be expected with this title. Does anyone have a source for the decals/stickers for the PF of the characters etc. My Gorby and others are worn off in big areas. I might consider a Hard Top overlay, but not sure I want to tackle that just yet.

This would make it look great! Lol. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/147775

9 months later
#3413 5 months ago

Check for any loose pins from the board to the glass. Resolder if needed.

1 month later
#3446 4 months ago

That topper has obviously been painted. This is what a normal 35 year old original Taxi topper (with fade) looks like. Some of you guys need to clean your bifocals...

Screenshot 2023-11-29 184348 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-11-29 184348 (resized).png
2 months later
#3515 78 days ago
Quoted from The_Great_Man:

ROM UPGRADE
Since I am removing my CPU Board to do a little work - I think it is time that I upgraded my ROM's to the latest versions. The pictures show what I currently have:
U4, U19 - MUSIC/SPCH REV 1
U21, U22 - SOUND ROM 1,2 REV 1
U26, U27 - ROM1,2 REV 2
Can someone tell me which of these I need to replace to get the latest versions. I have a Lola game so I know that I need to replace U26, U27 just not sure what is the latest version L-4 or L-5.
Thanks for your help.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

https://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=ROMS343

#3517 78 days ago

Yeah, it looks like it's L4 for the Lola ROMs and all the others stay the same. Download here.

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2505

#3518 78 days ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Yeah, it looks like it's L4 for the Lola ROMs and all the others stay the same. Downloadable here.
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2505

1 month later
#3678 19 days ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I need a Taxi eventually. I like the 5 characters and concept of picking them up. Any of you guys with a Lola regret not holding out for a Marilyn?

No.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Leeb18509.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only?tu=Leeb18509 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.