IMG_1131 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_5287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpg
IMG_7112 (resized).jpg
IMG_0803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0802 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6921 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EdisonArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#400 9 years ago

Yo Taxi -New member here!
Just got my CPR backglass today and took a couple pics to compare to the old faded translite.
The colors seem deeper, especially the red of course. This is one of their last ones with a little smudging in the corner. I'm very happy!
newphone 061.jpgnewphone 061.jpg
newphone 062.jpgnewphone 062.jpg

#401 9 years ago

Also...
001.jpg001.jpg

3 weeks later
#405 9 years ago

Haven't tried it yet, but his seems like a good way to go.

Quoted from Schwaggs:

5) Replace the battery pack with a 3 F capacitor (cheap ones available on eBay) to backup the memory with a capacitor instead of batteries. I like this solution over installing a remote battery holder to protect your CPU board from battery acid damage. Simply solder a couple short pieces of wire to the capacitor leads and connect the + lead on the capacitor to the lower left battery holder hole (+ sign next to it) and the - lead to the upper right - hole. Use a small piece of double sided foam tape to secure the capacitor to the CPU board. On System 11 boards, you need to either remove and install jumper in place of D2 or solder a jumper wire across it to enable charging of the capacitor. Leave the machine on for several hours to fully charge the capacitor but once it is charged, it will only take 30 minutes a month of "on" time to keep the capacitor charged.

3 months later
#533 8 years ago

Probably just me, but when I got my CPR glass, I searched for any info about trim and found a thread that recommended the wrong size and it obviously didn't fit.
Found this later:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-backglass-trim-what-and-where#post-1474416

// Error: Image 408105 not found //
#546 8 years ago

New ramps come with all the hardware riveted on. Switches just screw/unscrew

1 month later
#650 8 years ago

F3 is the fuse
Q73 Q75 Q77 are the driver transistors on the CPU. Check for shorts

2 months later
#710 8 years ago

I've had good success placing warped plastics in the oven on a clean cookie sheet at the lowest temp setting possible (around 180).
I just turn on the oven light and watch for a few minutes. They start to curl up at first, then eventually lay perfectly flat. Like the old Shrinky-Dinks toys. Also, I have both ramps, cracked but useable-PM me if you want some pics.
-Dave

4 months later
#831 8 years ago
Quoted from BriPin:

Oh no! I've already got cracking in my new departure ramp! I just installed them in December. Does anyone else have cracking in theirs?

Well, you're not alone anyways. I have a nice crack starting on my new ramp where the Drac sling throws the ball.

2 weeks later
#851 8 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Can someone tell me how this works on their Taxi?
When I launch the ball, it goes through the spinout, then kicks out across the back of the playfield and into the Joyride saucer. A few times in the last few games, it has kicked out of the spinout and then hit a gate in front of the saucer, forcing the ball to drop through one of the ABC lanes. I can't tell if a switch needs fixing to make sure that gate is open, or if something that hasn't worked right before is starting to work, and the ball is supposed to be kept in the A-B-C lanes on launch.
Anyone?

There is a swinging wire to the right of the CAB lanes that allows the gate blocking the Gorbie shot to open momentarily. Otherwise it should always be closed preventing what you are describing.
Check that gate/wire?

2 weeks later
#881 8 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

One very odd thing it noticed - Lola would say in a sexy voice - "You're a good driver". .

I've never heard this (Marilyn) but now I want to!

2 months later
#971 7 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Just picked up a HUO Taxi this weekend

Wow, that's nice!!!

Jeal-ous
/'jeles/
adjective
Feeling or showing envy of someone or their achievements and advantages.

Congrats!

3 months later
#1036 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Does anyone have an image file for the drop target decals, both Marilyn/Lola and Pinbot? Seems like someone who have scanned those and made them available by now.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=DC-58LM

DC-58LML (resized).jpgDC-58LML (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#1059 7 years ago
Quoted from UvulaBob:

Does anyone have a nice, clear picture of a Carry Passengers plastic? The one over Marilyn/Lola.
Like, really nice and clear. Almost as if you got the camera really close up to it. Or possibly laid the plastic down flat on an imaging device.

Quoted from UvulaBob:

Whoa, whoa, WHOA. I didn't say "scan". That would be unscrupulous.

Made me laugh. thanks!

1 month later
#1094 7 years ago
Quoted from supermatt:

I had the same problem once. Try tightening the screws or bolts that hold on the light board behind translite. Mine were loose and was causing it to sag and not line up right.

I agree with supermatt. I had the same problem and messing with the hinge was one of the fixes.

#1097 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

But might not be the only fix? My hinges are tight against the wall of the head. There are 4 slots on the hinge side that holds on the light box, however there are also 2 screws locking things in place. I don't think those have ever moved.

The spacer washers that sciddleybop mentioned can also be adjusted. If the board is sagging on one end, add an appropriately sized washer or two to the lower hinge (or both) and see if it raises it up.

3 months later
#1178 7 years ago

Wow, randomly scoring 2 million for a Joyride would totally change the gameplay.

9 months later
#1358 6 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

The spin out ramp now goes around 4x’s with a full plunge. Really brings out the fun factor, I was lucky to get a 25,000 x1 25% of the time.

Wow! 4x is incredible. I'd like mine to go through twice and I'd be happy.

1 month later
#1392 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

***SPOKEN FOR***
Scott

Nice!
I'm very happy with mine.

9 months later
#1469 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Does anyone have an extra plastic that goes above the Marilyn/Lola drop targets? Mine is broken. My game is a player's game so it doesn't have to look perfect, hoping to find someone that has swapped their plastic set and still has their old one.
[quoted image]

Never ordered from here, but looks like they have 'em:
http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/taxi-carry-passenger-plastic.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.00
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EdisonArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only?tu=EdisonArcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.