IMG_1131 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_5287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpg
IMG_7112 (resized).jpg
IMG_0803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0802 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6921 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DCRand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3008 1 year ago

Join the club a few months ago. But forgot to look and see if there actually was a club. Had my Taxi about four months. Really enjoy it especially since I’m a 10,000 light Christmas Guy so having the only game with Santa is a plus.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3011 1 year ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

Interesting. I never thought about the hangers sagging but makes sense, after 30+ years of constant pressure they're sure to sag and effect ball position relative to the plunger. Good call!

I am having a different issue with the Spinout bowl. When the ball is launched at slightly less than full pull back of the plunger, it works pretty well and get anywhere from 50K to past 100 to the 1K mark. But no further. When the plunger is pulled all the way back, most of the time - after the first full spin in the bowl, the ball hits what I think is the first rivet (slow mo video doesn't show it perfectly) on the metal guide strip and hops up slowing the ball down to where it will only reach 10 or 25K points. Have tried aligning the ramp, metal guides, etc. And can't fix this.

Next thought was to drill out both rivets, and glue or use high bond tape to try to hold in the guide strip. Any thoughts?

2 weeks later
#3022 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its out of alignment.
No extreme measures are needed.
Raising and lowering the shooter housing and carefully bending the output wires yields the best results.
I can get 10 to 16 spins on s full plunge.
It took about an hour to get it perfect.
Also i bent the front playfield hangers down a bit to raise the front of the playfield.
The shooter must hit the ball squarely in the center of th ef ball.
Also maybe replace the barrel spring.
It uses the slightly shorter ones for early bally.
The shooter tip should rest about 1/8" behind the playfield or less like a 1/16"
They sagged terribly over time.
Alignment is the key.
You will see that once its perfect it spins like crazy.

Thanks, and have adjusted it quite a bit. When first bought the game, rarely would make 100K. Now, if I don't do a full plunge, can the around past 100 to 10. But with a full plunge (seen with slo mo video), and not all of the time, the ball spins up high enough to hit the rivet on the metal protector, which knocks it down to a 50 K or less. Can't seem to adjust it away.

1 month later
#3046 1 year ago
Quoted from VeryCurious:

So, so happy I can finally join here. Believe it or not, I created an account here on Pinside on Aug-15 for the sole purpose of finding a #Taxi machine (it's the only game I added to my wishlist). On Aug-19 I received a Pinside Marketwatch alert saying one became available in my area. After working out the details with the awesome seller, as of Aug-22 I am now the proud owner! THANK YOU PINSIDE!
Taxi was the machine that showed me pinball can have fun goals and objectives. It was also my outlet from studying back in 1989, and the main reason I would go to my local bowling alley (I like bowling, but pinball is KING).
And shoutout to the seller, Petes0281. Not only were we in the same quadrant here on Planet Houston, but his line of work likely had us cross paths and had mutual acquaintances. See you at the Houston Expo, Pete!
Lastly, I was very pleased that the Taxi machine could fit in a 2018 Rogue... almost like it was built to move pinball. Yo Taxi!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the Club.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 109.00
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DCRand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only?tu=DCRand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.