IMG_1131 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_5287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpg
IMG_7112 (resized).jpg
IMG_0803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0802 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6921 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blackbeard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#449 9 years ago

Fellas:

Had a taxi a few years ago with the typical blown out playfield.

I have been looking around for another, one with a new cpr playfield installed or one that's been touched up and cleared (and looks great).

What are the prices of taxi restores these days?

1 month later
#495 8 years ago

Fellas: quick question for those who know: I'm going to look at a taxi tonight that has it's head removed. I can't recall from my old taxi, but I'm thinking the only connectors (for the most part) would be leading up to the interconnect. Is this about right?

#497 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

no there are several wires that hit other boards

Thanks. I'm kinda doubting the seller labeled them or anything. I'm discussing the pin through a "middleman" who doesn't know too much about it, other than the heads been removed for storage about 4 years ago. Can't wait to see the batt acid damage.

I guess I'll just go by my Elvira, which was a system 11b too. Should be similar, if not the same.

#500 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Yeah, there's a lot of wires going into the head from the pf, several of us have photos if you need to play "connect the wires".

Thanks.

Totally going into this blindly. The price point is amazing and almost too good to pass up.

Also needs the glass for the backglass (has translite). Anyone know the dimensions of the backbox glass?

#504 8 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

27 x 18-7/8 x 1/8

Awesome. Thanks.

#506 8 years ago

Thanks Eli.

I had a taxi in the past, and sold it to a good friend. I didn't like the touch ups on the cab, etc. It's been the one pin I've truly missed. Just something about it. So easy, but just so much fun.

Hopefully all pans out tonight when I go check it out!

ps: JM is an amazing pin!

#507 8 years ago

Well it was junk.

EVERY fuse wrapped in tin foil. Both Ramps has tin foil around spots. Pf and cab planked. Gi wires soldered directly to board. Strange bridges. Just overa a mess. Wanted $800. I ran.

#509 8 years ago

It's hard to let a pin go that you could probably restore for a boat load of cash, knowing it's probably gonna be parted etc.

Kinda sad.

#510 8 years ago

Anyone looking to sell around Buffalo NY or a few hours therefrom?

#514 8 years ago

Thanks Wayout, I'll play around with the menus some more - I did get the Multiplier working last night.
I think I want the bell!!!
Best,
Nate

The bell is great. Personally, I always jump when that thing goes off. Someone who's never played the pin and gets a jackpot, even moreso!

Turn bell on!

#518 8 years ago

Guys, I have a proposed trade I'd like to ask your opinions about:

A nice taxi. It's been nicely touched up and clear coated. New Marilyn translight with it. Has leds. Cab is really nice too. The whole package looks great and works fine.

This taxi plus $200.00 for my Flintstones. My flints was totally shopped with new decals and a few odds and ends.

What are your thoughts? I love both pins. I know this thread may be biased towards taxi, but please try to stay unbiased. I really love the simplicity and fun of flints.

Thoughts?

#520 8 years ago

Blackbeard, that sounds like a lop-sided trade, Flintstones is a bit more "advanced" (Animated screen, multi-balls, etc) - keep lookin'!

Thanks.

I know it's a dmd for a system 11, but the taxi is touched up professionally and cleared. I'm thinking $1500 or so for the base taxi, then another $600 for the touch ups/clear. Then a new Marilyn translight and the leds it's got. Brings you to about $2500.

Grr.. tough one

#528 8 years ago

I do like flints.. It's just that a clearcoated, touched up taxi is kind of rare. And I don't want a worn taxi..

Tough call.

1 week later
#534 8 years ago

Guys: I may be grabbing a taxi in a few days. Of course, it's missing the topper light board AND the spinout light board is broken (I may be able to repair, but don't know yet).

Anyone have any leads on these? No one reproduces them and they aren't for sale anywhere.

Someone's gotta have a source! Please PM me. Any help would be GREAT!

#536 8 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I would just wire in regular bulb sockets to the topper. The spinout light board, if it's not that broken, epoxy back together and wire jumpers over the broken traces.

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking the spinout board can be fixed. I know it's present at least.

The topper board is different. It blinks with 906 bulbs I believe., May be a bit more difficult.

#539 8 years ago

Going to look at one tomorrow. Needs a few parts, but comes with a brand new RED spinout ramp.

Anyone want to trade a red one for a blue one? I'd rather have Blue..

#541 8 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Are the ramps good? I just put new ones in mine, and my Arrival ramp is pretty decent.

I think they're good.

However, my friend may be getting a beater taxi tomorrow that will need two new ramps and he would be looking for two used ones.

I'll pm you if he needs!

#543 8 years ago

Ill let you know.

I've seen the taxi he's going to look at. Both ramps have tin foil surrounding them. I'm sure anything is better than that!

#545 8 years ago

I'll let you know.

What's the deal with the new ramps and attaching the old switches? Weren't the old switches riveted to the ramps? I suppose you could drill the rivets off the old ramps and attach to the new ramps with screw/nuts.

#548 8 years ago

Sweet!

#552 8 years ago

I'm in!!!!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#554 8 years ago

What do you mean rejected?

#558 8 years ago

Gate is only opened when gorbie is lit and for jackpot attempts I believe.

#559 8 years ago

Anyone know where the Santa kick out should kick to? Mine basically kicks out to the back of the Marilyn drops.

Shouldn't it kick to flippers?

#561 8 years ago

How to adjust?

#564 8 years ago

Yeah waddle. He's right. That first gate must not be working right. Test in diagnostics w a ball running under it. If it's activating if think the issue lies more w the gate behind Santa.

#565 8 years ago

How would I adjust the angle of the Santa lockout?

#569 8 years ago

Can someone tell me what size post goes here? Some one cl screwed in a wood screw. Ugh.

And if there is a matching tnut underneath too.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#575 8 years ago

You guys crack me up.

Squeaky wheel gets the taxi!

#576 8 years ago

Can anyone tell me the post size for the post in my picture a few comments up? I wanna order parts, and I need that post.

#578 8 years ago

No, not yet. The one that's in there looks to be just some random screw. I'm thinking since the top of the post doesn't seem to screw onto anything, any post would probably work there.

Thanks Bohdi. Man have I missed this game. Just awesome.

#581 8 years ago

Here is a pic I found on another's shop out pic file: (it's the middle post)

DSCN0736.JPGDSCN0736.JPG

#583 8 years ago

Perfect.

I know once I begin the shopout, they'll be others that break, so a second order will probably occur. We all know how that goes!

Thanks again.

#585 8 years ago

Are there all 6/32?

#591 8 years ago

The pf just sits in brackets which should be adjustable.

#593 8 years ago

Guys, trying to located a plastic. It's the large one above the santa kickout. Upper left of the playfield. Anyone have one? I circled it in green in my pic:

large.jpglarge.jpg

#595 8 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

I'm having the same issue, without that second screw the spin out never works correctly. Has anyone successfully fixed this issue?

For a temp fix, you could run a thin wire around the side of the guard without the screw. Then drop the two sides of the wiring down below the pf, and affix by twisting a small rod that's attached to the wires, effectively tighting the wireform down.

Yes, I know the above is confusing. I did my best to describe.

#600 8 years ago

Yep. That's the one.

Just put it on my bill

#605 8 years ago

Love this damn game

Put up my best score last night. Over 6 million. First time I've ever picked up all passengers, gotten the jackpot, then dropped all passengers off, getting another jackpot!

This game defines what pinball is to me. Clear cut objectives to get a jackpot. Great call outs. One of the best skillshots ever. Awesome light display. For me, it's king of the hill for System 11s and should be rated a top 10 ever.

Brilliant game. I had it before and sold it. Never again.

#607 8 years ago
Quoted from DayDay:

Anyone else have the problem with removing posts that have the nut on the bottom of the playfield with teeth that bites into the wood? The problem I have is the teeth break off or something and they just spin. Some of them I just tried to grab with a pair of pliers and twist the screw out. Most of the time I accidentally rip the heads off the screw. What do you usually do in that situation? I'm learning by mistakes I guess.

Those nuts are called T-nuts. Common on system 11s. The posts that screw into them are also known for breaking. Luckily most are able to be found, along with replacement tnuts.

As for the tnut itself spinning, someone on here may have an answer. I suppose you could replace the tnut with a standard nut/washer to secure the post above.

#610 8 years ago

Problem is is if that tnut has chewed up the underside of the pf, it won't grip anymore.

To get that nut out if the post is broken you can also push something down into the post hole and push the tnut out.

Bohdi: side note: my bud didn't get that taxi. Won't need the ramps. Just an fyi

#614 8 years ago

Elicash: For a very average taxi, look at around $1000-$1200. Most, if not all playfields will be blown out in one way or another. You'll have sections that are protected by mylar, which will be a different color than the section not covered. Most likely there will be pop bumper wear. Also most cabs are a bit beat too. I see a lot with planking in the paint in the cabs, and sometimes planking in the playfields.

Take a look at the interconnect board too. Usually some sort of gi connector issue or hack. Easily fixable though. Make sure topper has light board and works.

There are a lot of taxis out there, so be patient if this isn't the one. It's a ridiculously great game. Just don't be afraid to pass on a beater.

#616 8 years ago

Brandsilence: I did the same thing when I was new too. Just bought the first I could find, not knowing they pop up a lot.

I eventually sold that one, and years later (now the present) bought a much nicer one. The new one is getting touched up and cleared, and the cab redecaled.

The game is special. Iconic I believe.

#620 8 years ago

Contact "classicarcades" on here. They sell them.

#623 8 years ago

Nice score.

Love taxi.

#625 8 years ago

I put a tiny rubber into the tip of the shooter rubber. Makes for a harder impact.

#631 8 years ago

You know what drives me nuts? The hop the ball makes as it rolls from the inlane onto the flipper bat. Seems like taxi does it bad. My old one did too. I think it's something you just gotta live with.

#636 8 years ago

Yes. Please discuss your cab restoration! I'm debating mine.

2 weeks later
#652 8 years ago

For people with spinout issues of ball not spinning around a lot:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-spinout-issues-remedy

I think I cracked the code!

#657 8 years ago

Could not agree more.

I've rung that jackpot hundreds of times.

Never stale.

Taxi is the best package ever produced.

#661 8 years ago

Pop the pf up and clean the switches on the flipper assemblies. There are switches that control lane switch. THe way I clean them is to place a business card between them, close them with my fingers, and slide the business card back and forth a few times.

If that doesn't work, it may be that the switches are not making contact OR something electrical, so check for any stray wires at the switches on the flipper assemblies. Report back.

1 week later
#663 8 years ago

Taxi is the best pinball package!

Love it!

#664 8 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I'm new to the Taxi world, working on sprucing one up at the moment. Now that I have the lamps working again, I notice that pressing the left flipper rotates C-A-B to the right, and pressing the right flipper does nothing to C-A-B. Is this correct? It seems weird. I feel like right flipper should advance the lamps right, and left flipper should advance them left.
Also, the flippers (which work ok during game play) do not rotate letters when putting high score initials in, so my high scores are all blank. Anyone encountered this before?

Updates?

#667 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Anyone have a solution for the reproduction spin out ramp not spinning very much really annoying me.

Go see my post with link a few comments back.

Need to adjust your barrel spring.

2 weeks later
#668 8 years ago

Has anyone closed the gap between the wire inlanes and the flippers? I have a gap and the ball hops when rolling onto the flipper.

I can't adjust the flipper assemblies as there is no play once the hex nuts are loosened, etc. Also can't really move the wire inlane as it is inserted into the playfield at two points (and also screwed on at two other points).

Can anyone help the transition from inlane to flipper to be smooth?

#670 8 years ago

There is a gap between the I lanes and flippers causing a hop.

See pic. image.jpgimage.jpg

#673 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Can you loosen the 8 flipper assembly hex screws a few turns each and scoot the assembly towards the head 1/16" or more?
-mof

Tried it. No play at all.

#674 8 years ago
Quoted from joe2012:

Post # 632 or loosen the pawl and use a small straight edge and move the flipper in line with it.

Really don't want to drill a post into the pf.

It's also not an issue with the alignment of the flipper.

#676 8 years ago

Hmm. Looks the same as mine

How do you move the flipper pawl when it's sitting tight in the bushing?! There isn't much play, if any.

#678 8 years ago

I did. It's a few posts up.

#680 8 years ago

Pretty sure alignment is good.

How does one shift/move the pawl left or right once it's in the bushing? There isn't enough space.

#682 8 years ago

Well how does one adjust the flipper in the bushing? It only goes up and down, not to the sides.

Here's a pic. image.jpgimage.jpg

#684 8 years ago

I don't see how loosening the flipper batt from the pawl will allow for a shifting of the flipper batt closer to the inlane.

#685 8 years ago

I actually think the super bands, which are thinner than normal rubbers make the gap worse.

#688 8 years ago

The problem isn't that the flipper is not aligned, etc. The issue is that the inlane is positioned on the pf too far from the flipper, which leaves a gap that causes the hop.

Unfortunately the inlane is not movable, and really, neither is the flipper assembly.

#690 8 years ago

Joe, I appreciate the help, but I don't think bending the wire isn't going to help. The issue is the gap between the wire and flipper. Bending the wire won't decrease the gap space.

The "hop" can be caused by two distinct things: The gap between flipper and inlane wire OR the inlane wire misaligned either up or down into the pf. I'm dealing with the gap.

#693 8 years ago

Starting to think its not fixable.

Perhaps this is the reason Williams switched up the inlane a from wire to what they are now. It wasn't long after taxi that they were changed.

#695 8 years ago

And it's a smooth transition from inlane to flipper?

2 weeks later
#699 8 years ago

Looks awesome!

Here's my taxi. Currently getting ready for touch up and clear coat!image.jpgimage.jpg

#701 8 years ago

Delivering it to my friend who does the touch up/paint and clear.

1 week later
#707 8 years ago

Anyone have success getting a decent match w rattle cans?

3 weeks later
#714 8 years ago

Congrats. Best system 11 of all time... and possibly the best pinball ever! (in my book)

#719 8 years ago

Awesome solder! Great pin!

2 weeks later
#729 8 years ago

That drop target plastic is commonly cracked. Jeff at classic arcades sells them.

The plastic nuts are nylon nuts and can be purchased through pinball life or Marcos.

1 month later
#751 8 years ago

Send to Clive.

#754 8 years ago

Volk: Price is fine. Most taxis are beat up on both pf and cab. Just are. Don't jump when you see a lot of pop bumper wear. It's somewhat normal. My taxi pf is being restored as I type. Love the pin.

Run diagnostics. Also make sure the bell in the cab functions. It's probably one of the dianostics (coils).

It's a fantastic pin!

#759 8 years ago

If anyone knows where I can get a Sys11 board for Taxi let me know.....used/refurbished is fine. Looks like Rottendog doesn't have these new anymore............
-Nate

https://ksarcade.net/rottendog-mpu011a-for-williams-bally-system-11.html

1 week later
#777 8 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

What's a working Monroe worth in working, fair cosmetic condition

2 weeks later
#782 8 years ago
Quoted from t2:

I am looking for the departure and spin out ramps if anyone has decent old ones or can direct me to new ones. Also need the taxi car plastic, and right slingshot plastics, and the plastic behind the center drop targets. Any help much appreciated.
Also have many used taxi plastics free to anyone in need. Also have the shadow slingshot plastics to any shadow owner in need.

Pm me your info and I'll send you pics of my taxi ramps for sale.

#785 8 years ago

Mystman12:

Rule number 1 of hunting pins is to never reveal where the pin you're hunting is located.

Chances are you've just altered a few others to your find.

#791 8 years ago

Agreed.

I think taxi is king of system 11s. I've owned the tops too.

Still need a mousin though.

2 months later
#897 8 years ago

Hate parts out, but:

If you do I'll take the lamp board behind the backglass.

#903 8 years ago

That little 5 lamp lite board below displays^^

That's the one!

1 year later
#1351 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

And im back in the mofo club!

Best club dayyy is!!

Grats!

1 year later
#1550 4 years ago

I think classic arcades may sell them on ebay.

1 month later
#1570 4 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

$1400-$1500 with good boards and display IMHO

Hard to find taxi's in this price range.

2200 for beaters these days and up.

3 months later
#1747 4 years ago

Nice pickup.

Taxi is no doubt top 3 system 11s in my book. Taxi, ww, and pinbot. Top 3.

Honorable mention to diner.

#1749 4 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Just wish the cabinet were better on mine. Paint really flakey on front of it sides aren’t too bad. Doesn’t seem swollen or water damaged but it’s bad enough I’m going to try and use touch up paint and if that doesn’t work I’ll have to suck it up and decal the thing.

Decaling is a pain but worth it.

Every taxi I’ve seen is beat. Cab and pf.
I had my pf professionally touched up and cleared cause of the wear. Now the thing is like mint. But cab is still rough.

#1752 4 years ago

My taxi cab is beat too. I will likely decal it next winter.

The thing that is nice is that there isn’t any prior decal removal. That’s the biggest pain in the ass step when it comes to restoring a cab.

#1759 4 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Just finished my full taxi restoration.. used rad Cal's and hard top.. pretty happy to get taxi back in my life...
She was the first pinball I put in my house, many moons ago...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

Was your cab always that nice? Or did you have to decal it? Stencils?

I'm wanting to do my cab. My pf is restored and cleared. Just need the cab to follow suit.

#1770 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Pinball life sells this 3bank opto wonder if this will work to replace the Taxi one.. Anyone know?[quoted image]

Email them. They’ll know.

2 weeks later
#1807 4 years ago

Can’t wait to see that topper!

2 weeks later
#1850 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Lol that’s exactly what I did just wedged a quarter under it.

Does it show on the front of the cab though? Like cosmetically, can you see it? Curious about this fix..

1 month later
#1953 3 years ago

It's one of the most annoying things about the game.

Taxi and pinbot are a pain to line up the skill shots.

#1961 3 years ago

How do you fix the hangers?

4 weeks later
#2034 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Yeah, I'm doing that anyway so I can eventually send all the boards off for bulletproofing. They're all done now except the lamp board. I just didn't know if off hand anyone knew exactly which actually needed removed to pull the head. I'll poke around until I figure it out.

Just get in there.

When i pop off the head of a system 11, i just use a fine print sharpie and mark on the connector housing where it plugged into. I also take a few pics.

Just disconnect the wiring coming up through the cab neck. When i disconnect a connector, i push it thought the neck into the cab. It's not bad at all. Looks daunting, but it's not.

3 weeks later
#2120 3 years ago

Taxi > bad cats

Allllll day.

Bad cats is great to look at, but a snoozer imo. Why did I restore mine?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.50
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.00
$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blackbeard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only?tu=Blackbeard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.