IMG_0803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0802 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6921 (resized).jpg
IMG_6922 (resized).jpg
20240223_231438 (resized).jpg
20240223_231255 (resized).jpg
20240223_231332 (resized).jpg
20240223_231336 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Alan_L.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#813 8 years ago

Anyone selling Taxi drop target decals? Classic Arcades doesn't have.

Serial number: 162689, domestic.

#818 8 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Bay Area Amusements has them:

Found 'em, bought a set. They have to look better than what's on there now. You'll see them at Pinfest Allentown.

1 month later
#867 8 years ago

All three of my pops have diodes, resistors and capacitors.

#869 8 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

All three of my pops have diodes, resistors and capacitors.

My bad. I meant on the switch stack, not the coil.

#873 8 years ago
Quoted from Vanapult:

Can someone here show/explain how and where the limo plastic over the shooter lane is attached? It appears to be riveted, but that's all I can figure out from pictures.

Two machine screws. The habitrail has threads cut in it for the screws.

#891 8 years ago

I know that a Taxi shooter spring should be stronger than normal, but is it supposed to be a green or red spring, or another color?

#913 7 years ago

Is the display on my Taxi dead?

Here's the set up: blowing plus 100v fuse on power up.

Removed power supply board J2 power output connector to display board and no fuse blows on power up, which, according to Clay's guide would indicate a good high voltage section.

Connected J2 and removed all connectors to display board, no fuse blow, which would indicate a problem in the display board. Checked with DMM all UDN7180 and 6118 chips according to Pinwiki guide, all test good, which would indicate a shorted glass. The previous owner said that the display never worked, but someone prior to that had tried to reflow the legs on the bottom display from the component side. Hmm.

Now I might be wrong on some of these assumptions, please let me know. I installed the display from my Bad Cats in the Taxi and the top display works great. The bottom has some additional segments lit that should not be, but that might be a chip issue in the BC board.

PinScore and X-Pin both have replacements for $249. Should I do further testing or buy a new one, and if so, which one?

#915 7 years ago

Thanks for the offer Eric. A Jokerz display will not work in a Taxi, as the Taxi board needs and second ribbon cable header. I'm looking for a red or orange one anyhow.

The Williams number for the display that fits only Taxi and Police Force is D-12232-2, the other later System 11's use D-12232-1.

I would still like to have some opinions as whether or not this display has croaked, before I cough up $249.

#917 7 years ago

Good idea, Eric.

My Bad Cats display worked in the Taxi when the old Taxi display showed nothing and was blowing fuses. I just tried the ribbon cable from my BC and there was no change: display works the same.

4 months later
#989 7 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Anyone know where to get a plastic set for this game.... Mine has been beat senseless and needs some love

Here's one on ebay: ebay.com link: Williams Taxi Original NOS Plastic Set

5 months later
2 months later
#1185 7 years ago

Does anyone have the Williams part number for the 7 digit display that is mounted on the insert board? It should start with D-12xxx.

#1187 6 years ago

Thanks, Vinosky.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Alan_L.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only?tu=Alan_L and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.