• 2,122 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Barr993
  • Topic is favorited by 115 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

There have been 683 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC_2361 (resized).JPG
IMG_20200803_140023 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200410_025317990.jpg
DSC_2346 (resized).JPG
DSC_2347 (resized).JPG
1e31b8ef9c05bee04df6492044c9f46da0df5c44 (resized).jpeg
DSC_2343 (resized).JPG
DSC_2341 (resized).JPG
96F8BB9C-4CF9-441F-AC0F-12633F822C90 (resized).jpeg
E0FA50EE-9699-4830-8E43-EBF96D34D3B2 (resized).jpeg
DSC_2338 (resized).JPG
DSC_2337 (resized).JPG
DSC_2336 (resized).JPG
DSC_2335 (resized).JPG
DSC_2334 (resized).JPG
DSC_2333 (resized).JPG

There are 2122 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 43.
#2101 13 days ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Here are the two best images I have.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks man. Think it is the same as my set up. Will do it like this.

#2102 10 days ago

Going from modern games like
Potc and dialed in to taxi is an interesting experience . I actually love those mechanical sounds it makes it’s awesome

#2103 10 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Going from modern games like
Potc and dialed in to taxi is an interesting experience . I actually love those mechanical sounds it makes it’s awesome

I’ve bounced around from the older games to modern machines too. I think it’s really interesting to see how the construction of the machines has evolved over the years, but still use a lot of the same basic principles from the past.

Even looking at just a few years like 1986-1988 you can see manufacturing changes. Some seem to be for better reliability and some are obviously just for cost reduction.

#2104 9 days ago

Hey MRS fans...we were asked to develop a pair of ramp MRS' for Taxi (see pics for locations) - and did as such - PM if interested - sold as a set..$50 (plus shipping)....each MRS is made to fit the curvature of the ramp along the side wall - simply stick, plug & play - each MRS is connectorized and has the correct lead length - no soldering needed....to get an idea of how it looks/fits - look at the pic of the same product installed in an IJ ramp that we made for a customer....

Thanks,
Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

DSC_2341 (resized).JPGDSC_2343 (resized).JPG1e31b8ef9c05bee04df6492044c9f46da0df5c44 (resized).jpeg
#2105 6 days ago

Middle of the playfield and between flippers still dark areas.
Some plastics and this one is finished.

DSC_2346 (resized).JPGDSC_2347 (resized).JPG
#2106 6 days ago

Man that does look dark. Are you in a dungeon? Lol mine are in a room above ground but I don’t ever have trouble seeing at night with just game lights on. That looks similar to my set up though. Are those comet cool white for the GI? They don’t look warm

#2107 6 days ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Man that does look dark. Are you in a dungeon? Lol mine are in a room above ground but I don’t ever have trouble seeing at night with just game lights on. That looks similar to my set up though. Are those comet cool white for the GI? They don’t look warm

Yes,
Pinball is located in a dungeon.
2smd warm white from Comet everywhere.

#2108 6 days ago

It's just the settings on his camera.
They can make any game look like that.

IMG_20200410_025317990.jpg
#2109 6 days ago

My phone camera struggles to take good pics of my taxi, also with 2Smd warm white comet throughout. The pop area is so bright now in comparison to everything else that my camera has to choose which to accentuate. HDR is a bit better result but it's tough to do that since the GI flashes during the test... Lol

#2110 5 days ago

The middle area is definitely darkish. I've got a pair of warm white spotlights I need to install at some point. Just installed switch slot cliffys on the lanes.. Mine are haaaaammered.

IMG_20200803_140023 (resized).jpg
#2111 5 days ago

Not my auction, but saw these on eBay. Looks like the right price, and free shipping for someone who wants new slingshot plastics...

ebay.com link » Williams Pinball Taxi Sling Shot Plastic Set Left And Right

#2112 5 days ago

This was my best club so far. Really helpfull people and g reat support during my hardtop installment.
Received today an offer I cannot refuse so I can start to restore another project.
When I have room for more pins this one will be back in the collection. Fun, simple but very addictive.

DSC_2361 (resized).JPG
#2113 5 days ago

Man letting go of taxi would be tough. I considered moving mine to make a play at a bad cats but thankfully it sold before I made my offer. Taxi is just amazing.

#2114 5 days ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Man letting go of taxi would be tough. I considered moving mine to make a play at a bad cats but thankfully it sold before I made my offer. Taxi is just amazing.

As someone who owns both of those games. Never do that. Bat Cats has really fun music and the ramps are fun, but overall gameplay doesn’t hold a candle.

#2115 5 days ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

As someone who owns both of those games. Never do that. Bat Cats has really fun music and the ramps are fun, but overall gameplay doesn’t hold a candle.

Oh I know that. It was definitely just a play for rarity on a really nice example of a game that I want. That would have been a guy wrenching deal for me lol

F-14 is the only game in my lineup that's on the chopping block, per se, and really only because I'm already in too deep $wise and I don't want to be tempted to hardtop and fix the cab. I love the game, like I do with pretty much all the games I own. But as with anything, I always like adding new games... Lol

#2116 4 days ago

I own Bad Cats and Taxi... I've owned them both for 15+ years. If I had to let one go, it would be Taxi. It's a great game but a slight edge to BC for me.

#2117 4 days ago

What I figured when I started down the road of considering making an offer (again, that ship has sailed now), I can always get another taxi later. I can even buy an absolutely torched one and just hardtop it myself. Tons of options. Not so much with bad cats. Alas, it's gone now, so I'm going to just have to soothe my tears with what I already own.

#2118 3 days ago

I can't remember if this has been posted here before but wanted to share, I wish this group had bookmarked Topics...

I installed new Pinscore displays as most of mine were out. I am having an alignment issue with the Jackpot Display. This post describes how to align your translite to the backbox door. I have heard the CPR Backglasses have alignment issues as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pinball/comments/afp5d8/help_with_updown_alignment_on_pinscore/ee0ubfs?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

#2119 3 days ago

Turns out I was missing 1 of the washers. I think I had one in the cabinet when i cleaned it out but can't find it now. Alignment is better now but you can see the light around it. As he mentions in his post I still need to figure that out.

#2120 8 hours ago

Taxi > bad cats

Allllll day.

Bad cats is great to look at, but a snoozer imo. Why did I restore mine?

#2121 6 hours ago

I own chocolate & vanilla ice cream. If I had to let one go, it would be vanilla. It's great ice cream, but a slight edge to chocolate for me.

Oh wait sorry, wrong thread.

#2122 6 hours ago

Translite mirror question: my Taxi came with the mirror double side taped to the gray foam on the light board but there were also signs of old double sided tape to the translite.

Which method is correct?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 67.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
2,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fountain Inn, SC
There are 2122 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 43.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside