IMG_1131 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_5287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpg
IMG_7112 (resized).jpg
IMG_0803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0802 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6921 (resized).jpg
There are 3,684 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 74.
#1701 4 years ago

Working on a Taxi today and one of the playfield pivots came apart at some point in transit and I have the bolt but can't find the bushing that the bracket actually pivots on. I've been looking online for a replacement does anyone have a part number for this? Is this something I can just order from mcmaster?
20200215_191214 (resized).jpg20200215_191214 (resized).jpg

#1702 4 years ago

I got some at Marco. 254-5048-00

#1703 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Before and after. Getting better at touchups![quoted image][quoted image]

Wanna touch mine up? Whatever’s coming out of Santa’s bag is missing a little bit of his face

BED700A5-D0BB-4B1C-ADB7-D5CC07BA575D (resized).jpegBED700A5-D0BB-4B1C-ADB7-D5CC07BA575D (resized).jpeg
#1704 4 years ago

Working on my Taxi. During switch test mode coils and switches work for Marylin and Pinbot drop targets and roll over switch letter “B” works too..

During gameplay none of them work. Any ideas on where to start with this weird issue?

#1705 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Any ideas on where to start with this weird issue?

This is a cut and paste from another thread......One day this is going to help somebody.

Something to check----the Molex plug on 1J8 on the MPU. I have had to re-pin quite a few of them due to corrosion. It is located on the bottom of the MPU below the battery holder. All it takes over the years is some alkaline dust to have settled on it and the humidity will do the rest. (A theory that I have formulated) It can most certainly be the cause of PF switches not working. ANY sign of green or white corrosion or anything else is a trigger for me to re-pin it these days on a system 11.
If it happens to be an issue and you go to re-pin it , look for clean, fresh wire under the insulation. Somewhat corroded wire will have your new re-pin fail probably within a year...been there, done that.

#1706 4 years ago

Actually I think I can see corrosion a little.. what do you think? That’s a long way from the battery holder but I guess it could drip down on that area which makes since.. Thanks!

7F89817C-2840-4215-A919-07A95F50D1DF (resized).jpeg7F89817C-2840-4215-A919-07A95F50D1DF (resized).jpeg
#1707 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Actually I think I can see corrosion a little

I think so too. If so, There is a very good chance that is your problem.

#1708 4 years ago

Alright just redid the connector and still no luck.. Dang I was hoping that would fix it..

DEB05D1E-83CE-42C1-97A4-2C9751B794C5 (resized).jpegDEB05D1E-83CE-42C1-97A4-2C9751B794C5 (resized).jpeg
#1709 4 years ago

Found this just laying in the cabinet. Could this be the problem? Does this switch cut power to the coils when the coin door opens?

4FDAA7AA-067F-4492-B1F0-C663E6745377 (resized).jpeg4FDAA7AA-067F-4492-B1F0-C663E6745377 (resized).jpeg
#1710 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I was hoping that would fix it..

Me too..Well if that was corrosion, your work was not in vain though. It needed doing, and I would check surrounding connectors and interconnect board connectors down there.

#1711 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Does this switch cut power to the coils when the coin door opens?

No. That’s a memory protect switch. It locks out the coin door service switches when the coin door is closed. It keeps people (vandals) from changing settings like coinage or high scores if they drill through the game. It wasn’t until later in the WPC era that the switch shuts off power to the coils.

#1712 4 years ago

So I started playing it and out of no where the Marylin drop targets started working correctly.

#1713 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Marylin drop targets started working correctly

How about Pinbot drops and switch letter B? Is it still holding up or is the problem intermittent now?

#1714 4 years ago

Hey Pinsiders, I have a Taxi that needs a new home. Any interest out there? I would keep it but only have so much room. Trying to get down to 8 pins and 8 arcades. Anything more can’t be set up and enjoyed. I’m sure several of you know my pain.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/91320

#1715 4 years ago

Got a weird one guys. Taxi works 99%, but when I hit the mystery and get the Extra ball, it says extra ball, the buzzer goes off, but the machine doesn't actually give me the ball. Any ideas?

#1716 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Got a weird one guys. Taxi works 99%, but when I hit the mystery and get the Extra ball, it says extra ball, the buzzer goes off, but the machine doesn't actually give me the ball. Any ideas?

Check your settings and see if extra ball is set to “none”. If I remember right, some system 11 games work this way.

#1717 4 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Check your settings and see if extra ball is set to “none”.

This is likely the correct answer.

If that fails, do a factory reset and see if the issue persists. I’ve never noticed it on a system 11 game, but on Gottlieb System 3 games, if you change the ROMs or the battery without a factory reset, “garbage” in the RAM can cause all sorts of havoc.

#1718 4 years ago

Just picked up a Taxi and after a few games the music stops. Most of the time it seems to hang on the last note that it played correctly so I get a nice piercing tone until I turn the machine off. Sound effects and call-outs continue normally during the music problem.

I've read a little bit that makes me think to re-seat the sound ROMs and perhaps replace the ribbon cable connecting the CPU and Sound boards, but haven't seen anyone else encountering this specific issue. Anybody have suggestions of other things to check?

#1719 4 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Check your settings and see if extra ball is set to “none”. If I remember right, some system 11 games work this way.

Bingo. Thanks!

#1720 4 years ago

This game is addicting, especially when the carry passengers light is not on with one passenger to go and you drain.

#1721 4 years ago

Anybody else get a ball stuck on the pinbot drop targets? A few times over a couple of weeks, I had to take off the glass n move the ball. It’s happened when 1 drop target is left standing, and the ball rests next to the target..is it just my game or...

#1722 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Anybody else get a ball stuck on the pinbot drop targets? A few times over a couple of weeks, I had to take off the glass n move the ball. It’s happened when 1 drop target is left standing, and the ball rests next to the target..is it just my game or...

You could try taking the assembly apart and give a good cleaning. The weight of the ball resting on a drop target should be enough to make it “drop”

#1723 4 years ago

Alright you Taxi fans, by popular demand! M&M Creations began making repro MRS' in mid-2019, but only announced on the RFM page (they are handmade and we didn't want to get overrun with orders). We've been slowly branching out to other pin clubs that utilize this crazy unobtanium switch....the MRS stands for Magnetic Reed Switch - and they are also found in CV, SC, NGG, SWE1 and CC. MRS' went unobtanium half a dozen years ago or so - so my partner and I at M&M Creations decided to remake them. From that we modified the MRS to fit the CFTBL whirlpool so that one can remove the Cherry switch that the ball smacks as it rotates - this was a popular mod to do using the original MRS, but now Creech owners could have an MRS that was custom fit. The same concept has been applied to the Transporter , Cactus Canyon and Diner bowls.....and now Taxi...the results of which are in the pic below. Now, it is plug & play and self-adhering to the bowl - identical to what we've done with CFTBL , Diner, CC & TTR . I just finished the first switch for a Taxi club member today.....you'll find plenty of testimonial on the all the aforementioned club forums. Just PM to be put on the list....Thanks!

Matt (Sonic) & Dan (Blubboman)

87011704_193202172030864_6690505165272776704_n (resized).jpg87011704_193202172030864_6690505165272776704_n (resized).jpg
#1724 4 years ago

Here's another post on the WhoDunnit club about another variation of our MRS' for ramps - a more universal switch if you will.....just an FYI for those interested....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-dunnit-club-and-then-i-was-on-the-case/page/7#post-5494993

#1725 4 years ago

TLDR. WTF does it do?

#1726 4 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

TLDR. WTF does it do?

It makes the ball in the spinout ramp go 'round and 'round forever......

#1727 4 years ago

A few folks have been asking what the MRS does in the Spinout bowl....here's a short vid of the general concept in a Cactus Canyon (we didn't have Taxi footage yet).....it simply takes the place of the Cherry microswitch (plug and play) and allows for a contactless register as the pinball revolves around the bowl.... https://vimeo.com/391692544

1 week later
#1728 4 years ago

Finally getting in this club after years of wanting to...

IMG_2551 (resized).jpgIMG_2551 (resized).jpg
#1729 4 years ago

New to the club and System 11. The GI bulbs are LED but inserts are incandescent. They look different than the 44’s in my EM’s. Do System 11’s take a different kind of incandescent bulb? If I want to switch to LED what do you recommend?

#1730 4 years ago

I need to replace the coil for the knocker on A Taxi and I wasn't paying attention when I removed the wiring from the coil but there is no diode on this coil that I removed. What I am reading is that the diode is not needed for this coil? Does it matter what wire goes where for a coil that doesn't need a diode? Does anyone have a picture of the knocker coil wiring.

#1731 4 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

I need to replace the coil for the knocker on A Taxi and I wasn't paying attention when I removed the wiring from the coil but there is no diode on this coil that I removed. What I am reading is that the diode is not needed for this coil? Does it matter what wire goes where for a coil that doesn't need a diode? Does anyone have a picture of the knocker coil wiring.

No diode here..

IMG_20200310_213314 (resized).jpgIMG_20200310_213314 (resized).jpg
#1732 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

New to the club and System 11. The GI bulbs are LED but inserts are incandescent. They look different than the 44’s in my EM’s. Do System 11’s take a different kind of incandescent bulb? If I want to switch to LED what do you recommend?

They use 44s and 555s.

#1733 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I always use comet 2smd clear lens for everything. If it’s insert though I’m now using comet 1smd non ghosting. Color of your choice. Only application I’ve used frosted lenses is in the helmet of my bride so it didn’t blind anyone having 18 lights right in the face.

#1734 4 years ago

I'm finishing up a hardtop and at the point of putting plastics on. My Taxi had a mix of rubber, nylon, and metal lock nuts. I looked through everyone's pics here and have seen a mix of all in varying spots.

Is there a right way of certain nuts in certain positions?

1 week later
#1735 4 years ago

Every coil in my game fires once when I turn on my game. Almost like they are testing themselves? Is that normal?
I'm asking because I'm currently troubleshooting a pop bumper issue where the back left one locks on during this "test".

#1736 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Every coil in my game fires once when I turn on my game. Almost like they are testing themselves? Is that normal?
I'm asking because I'm currently troubleshooting a pop bumper issue where the back left one locks on during this "test".

Mine does that too sometimes (minus the locking on part). Not sure if it's expected to do that, but I don't think it's a test.

#1737 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

If both balls are in the trough, it shouldn't happen. If one or more balls are not in the trough, the coil firing happens. This is not likely a cause or a symptom of your pop locking issue.

#1738 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

My Bad Cats does this at startup sometimes but nothing locks. The driving transistor for the left jet is “Q75” if the coil is locking on you likely need to replace that to get it working again.
And just to check, is it actually locking where you can hear the voltage holding it on or is there a chance the sleeve is really dirty preventing it from returning to the ready position?

#1739 4 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

My Bad Cats does this at startup sometimes but nothing locks. The driving transistor for the left jet is “Q75” if the coil is locking on you likely need to replace that to get it working again.
And just to check, is it actually locking where you can hear the voltage holding it on or is there a chance the sleeve is really dirty preventing it from returning to the ready position?

So all of the coils firing is definitely just ball search... I'm dumb for not knowing that.
The coil is definitely being powered on because it will blow the fuse if I leave it more than a second or two.

#1740 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

So all of the coils firing is definitely just ball search... I'm dumb for not knowing that.
The coil is definitely being powered on because it will blow the fuse if I leave it more than a second or two.

I’d check your q75 transistor then. It probably needs replaced

#1741 4 years ago

I would appreciate if someone would take a pic of where the green and white wires are soldered
On the right ramp switch that activates multi ball.
Thanks

#1742 4 years ago

Can someone tell me where the topper plugs in at? Mine was missing one when I got it and I’m looking at divvying up a new replacement. Looking at mine it looks like J6 has nothing plugged into it. Is this where it plugs in at?

#1743 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I would appreciate if someone would take a pic of where the green and white wires are soldered
On the right ramp switch that activates multi ball.
Thanks

This one should help. Non banded side of diode with white wire. Banded side on the tab by itself.
20200322_190102 (resized).jpg20200322_190102 (resized).jpg20200322_190251 (resized).jpg20200322_190251 (resized).jpg

#1744 4 years ago

Thank you!

#1745 4 years ago

I’m curious..what do you guys have your games on for settings? Currently, mine’s on easy (w 5 balls) but briefly had it on hard..realized that just 1 passenger (gorbie) is available for pick up at a time to start..

#1746 4 years ago

Waiting patiently to be able to play my game... I wish my house could hurry up so I can actually set it up. Just look how niceish the lower playfield is!

140853AF-227A-4D50-9899-99ADFD53BA1E (resized).jpeg140853AF-227A-4D50-9899-99ADFD53BA1E (resized).jpeg
#1747 4 years ago

Nice pickup.

Taxi is no doubt top 3 system 11s in my book. Taxi, ww, and pinbot. Top 3.

Honorable mention to diner.

#1748 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Nice pickup.
Taxi is no doubt top 3 system 11s in my book. Taxi, ww, and pinbot. Top 3.
Honorable mention to diner.

Just wish the cabinet were better on mine. Paint really flakey on front of it sides aren’t too bad. Doesn’t seem swollen or water damaged but it’s bad enough I’m going to try and use touch up paint and if that doesn’t work I’ll have to suck it up and decal the thing.

#1749 4 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Just wish the cabinet were better on mine. Paint really flakey on front of it sides aren’t too bad. Doesn’t seem swollen or water damaged but it’s bad enough I’m going to try and use touch up paint and if that doesn’t work I’ll have to suck it up and decal the thing.

Decaling is a pain but worth it.

Every taxi I’ve seen is beat. Cab and pf.
I had my pf professionally touched up and cleared cause of the wear. Now the thing is like mint. But cab is still rough.

#1750 4 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

You can do wonders with a sharpie and some patience.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 109.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 3,684 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.