IMG_1131 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_5287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpg
IMG_7112 (resized).jpg
IMG_0803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0802 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6921 (resized).jpg
There are 3,684 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 74.
#1451 5 years ago

I picked up another Taxi today! This one is a Marilyn. $25 deal of the year! Now I have both

IMG_0934 (resized).JPGIMG_0934 (resized).JPGIMG_0942 (resized).JPGIMG_0942 (resized).JPG
#1452 5 years ago

Im looking for a Marilyn translight NOS or used NOT a reproduction.

#1453 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

Anyone have a used plastics set they'd be willing to part? I'm looking for the traffic light up by the B lane. Mine is missing.
[quoted image]

Bump for a new page. I'd be content with a good image I could use to make my own. Thanks!

TrafficLight (resized).jpgTrafficLight (resized).jpg

#1454 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

Bump for a new page. I'd be content with a good image I could use to make my own. Thanks!
[quoted image]

Ill buy one if someone makes them

#1455 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I picked up another Taxi today! This one is a Marilyn. $25 deal of the year! Now I have both
[quoted image][quoted image]

Totally the deal of the year. Congrats!

#1456 5 years ago

anyone have a Taxi limo plastic they'd like to sell me?

2 weeks later
#1457 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I’ll give you $50 plus shipping on it.. lol
Great pick up!

2 weeks later
#1458 5 years ago

I gave up looking for a traffic light and made my own. More details on my Taxi webpage at...

http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/taxi/repair/repair.html

017 (resized).jpg017 (resized).jpg

018 (resized).jpg018 (resized).jpg

019 (resized).jpg019 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1460 5 years ago

Classic! I make my own traffic light and suddenly there are two real ones on eBay. I'm keeping my homemade part.

#1461 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

anyone have a Taxi limo plastic they'd like to sell me?

There is one on ebay right now.

#1462 5 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

There is one on ebay right now.

Thanks so much. I ended up buying and whole plastic set after realizing some of the other plastics were in not so great shape. Im installing a new playfield with all new ramps, and LED's, might as well get new plastics.

#1463 5 years ago

My Taxi topper light board, dome PCB 5768-12329-00 is missing, a replacement is nowhere to be found and my long running ad https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/67149 did not lead to any results.

Can someone please make a scan/picture together with a ruler of the bottom of that board so I can build a reproduction PCB? I will eternally grateful if you could help.

#1464 5 years ago

Jeff, looks great! I always wanted to "box in" that plastic and put an LED strip behind it that would random light with 3 leds...............

#1465 5 years ago

New playfield from Micro. New ramps. New LED lights, New plastics, New rubber, New flipper coils, New sleeves in all coils. This game should play like new. Almost done with this rebuild.

IMG_1153 (resized).JPGIMG_1153 (resized).JPG
3 weeks later
#1466 5 years ago

Does anyone have an extra plastic that goes above the Marilyn/Lola drop targets? Mine is broken. My game is a player's game so it doesn't have to look perfect, hoping to find someone that has swapped their plastic set and still has their old one.

Busted Plastic (resized).PNGBusted Plastic (resized).PNG
#1467 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Does anyone have an extra plastic that goes above the Marilyn/Lola drop targets? Mine is broken. My game is a player's game so it doesn't have to look perfect, hoping to find someone that has swapped their plastic set and still has their old one.
[quoted image]

There was one on eBay last night if I recall correctly

3 weeks later
#1468 5 years ago

To which connector needs the topper be plugged in?

2 weeks later
#1469 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

[quoted image]

Never ordered from here, but looks like they have 'em:
http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/taxi-carry-passenger-plastic.html

1 month later
#1470 5 years ago

Just joined the club. Picked up a decent project game cheap and trying to decide how far to take it. Its a Marilyn, but I understand that they are not too rare.

What's been done:
1. Power supply rebuilt with new caps and connectors.
2. GI connector rebuilt - lighting is now 100%

What's left to get it 100% working:
1. Speech and sound are screwed up. New ribbon cable will hopefully address, if not, CPU investigation.
2. Coin door service buttons are screwed up. Seems like someone WD-40'd them at some point. I can work them by jumpering them.
3. Exact top and bottom section of display are out equal to one full digit. Again, hoping ribbon cable addresses this. If not, possible Pinscore system.

Decisions, decisions:
1. Hardtop? Upper playfield is pretty warn especially around bumpers and Santa. Well beyond my touch-up skills. Or should i just strip it, polish it, tumble the metal, and re-install with new ramps?
2. If Hardtop, should i redo cabinet as well? (I have room for what I paid if I don't include my labor).

#1471 5 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Just joined the club. Picked up a decent project game cheap and trying to decide how far to take it. Its a Marilyn, but I understand that they are not too rare.
What's been done:
1. Power supply rebuilt with new caps and connectors.
2. GI connector rebuilt - lighting is now 100%
What's left to get it 100% working:
1. Speech and sound are screwed up. New ribbon cable will hopefully address, if not, CPU investigation.
2. Coin door service buttons are screwed up. Seems like someone WD-40'd them at some point. I can work them by jumpering them.
3. Exact top and bottom section of display are out equal to one full digit. Again, hoping ribbon cable addresses this. If not, possible Pinscore system.
Decisions, decisions:
1. Hardtop? Upper playfield is pretty warn especially around bumpers and Santa. Well beyond my touch-up skills. Or should i just strip it, polish it, tumble the metal, and re-install with new ramps?
2. If Hardtop, should i redo cabinet as well? (I have room for what I paid if I don't include my labor).

hardtop and radcals!

#1472 5 years ago

Finished a rules page. Corrections welcome...

http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/taxi/rules/rules.html

1 week later
#1473 5 years ago

Anyone else missing Q4 on the aux driver board? The resistor and diode are there, but no transistor. My Taxi game manual schematics show a Q4. Q4 is Sol 13 which is the bell. Turns out that the whole aux driver board is bypassed for this circuit. The bell has its own little one pin connector going directly to Q15 (Sol 13) on the MPU board.

q4-01 (resized).jpgq4-01 (resized).jpg

q4-02 (resized).jpgq4-02 (resized).jpg

#1474 5 years ago

My bell has never worked since the day I got the game. I've looked at it a few times, but no progress.

#1475 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

My bell has never worked since the day I got the game. I've looked at it a few times, but no progress.

Mine didn’t work either. I did all kinds of trouble shooting to find the culprit and then.... I took a file and cleaned the switched and it worked perfectly. Sometimes I’m a real dummy

#1476 5 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Mine didn’t work either. I did all kinds of trouble shooting to find the culprit and then.... I took a file and cleaned the switched and it worked perfectly. Sometimes I’m a real dummy

Which switch might that have been?

#1477 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Which switch might that have been?

The eos switch on the bell clapper.

#1478 5 years ago

Cool. I’ll give it a go and see what happens. This location was startled when the Ghostbusters scream was coded in, so we will see how well a working bell goes over.

#1479 5 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

The eos switch on the bell clapper.

Yes this is the one. I cleaned it up and sure enough it has worked perfectly ever since.

1 week later
#1480 5 years ago

Hey all,

I’ve got a a fully restored Taxi which as of last night is finally tuned to perfection and plays beautiful. Prior to last night I was questioning why I bothered putting in so much energy into the pin, but after 3 hours straight playing I’m in love! I am having a problem however...

Can any Taxi gurus comment on my sound issue? I’ve put up a couple of vids and pics in the below thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-sound-problem#post-4844098

#1481 5 years ago

Joining the club soon. My machine has a red start button instead of the green. Been searching the web to source a green with no luck. Who has them?? My last resort is to spray one green and clearcoat it.

Added over 5 years ago:

Found. Thanks to a kind pinsider.

2 weeks later
#1482 5 years ago

Guys does anyone know where I can get the Taxi eproms? I dont have a burner or the chips. Wondering if someone can help.

#1483 5 years ago

Anyone do color rubber? Post some pics? I'm thinking about going mostly blue with yellow posts.

2 weeks later
#1484 5 years ago

Going to post this question here too.

This may be a silly question. Had my Taxi for a couple weeks now and love it. I've noticed that it displays the jackpot value all the time, it never shows the "bonus meter" rolling animation.
I've combed through the manual and cant for the life of me find an adjustment for this.

What am I missing? ROM version?
Thx!

#1485 5 years ago

If you're running an led display, I had one that was wired wrong. You'd have to do a decent hack to fix it.

#1486 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

If you're running an led display, I had one that was wired wrong. You'd have to do a decent hack to fix it.

Yes, it's a Pinscore LED display. I sent them a message to see of there is a way to fix it.

#1487 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Going to post this question here too.
This may be a silly question. Had my Taxi for a couple weeks now and love it. I've noticed that it displays the jackpot value all the time, it never shows the "bonus meter" rolling animation.
I've combed through the manual and cant for the life of me find an adjustment for this.
What am I missing? ROM version?
Thx!

SOLVED! Pinscore master displays have 2 external headers for slave displays. Taxi must be on the left side to work properly. It was plugged into the right. Works great now.

20190330_205355 (resized).jpg20190330_205355 (resized).jpg
#1488 5 years ago
Quoted from Bumper:

My Taxi topper light board, dome PCB 5768-12329-00 is missing, a replacement is nowhere to be found and my long running ad https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/67149 did not lead to any results.
Can someone please make a scan/picture together with a ruler of the bottom of that board so I can build a reproduction PCB? I will eternally grateful if you could help.

So I had the same issue with my brothers new Taxi he acquired. No lights at all under the topper .... sometime ago someone removed the PCB board and left the mounting pegs go figure. Probably sold it on eBay HAHA .... anyhow after searching around I found the DIY one that is posted in these forums ... I wanted mine to look a bit better and plug into the factory harness so I ordered the parts needed from Marco (44, 89 sockets and connector) and took measurement of the opening. I used a 1/2 inch thick hardwood and a piece of aluminum and made what you see here. I works perfectly and puts out a great light show ... can't believe that someone would remove it and then the next owner not fix it over the years .... anyway I used the manual and figured out the wiring ... but the 89 flashers are a left and right deal and then the 44/47 sockets are all on the same GI circuit IMG_20190319_101233 (resized).jpgIMG_20190319_101233 (resized).jpg so on the factory plug the white/green and the blue are the GI feed then the key and then black/blue is left side flasher, orange is power feed for flashers and black/purple is right side flashers.

hope this helps someone as it works out great and looks like it could have been made that way ... looks natural to my brother anyways ... if you didn't know it was originally a PCB board.

IMG_20190225_164737 (resized).jpgIMG_20190225_164737 (resized).jpgIMG_20190225_165507 (resized).jpgIMG_20190225_165507 (resized).jpgIMG_20190313_113418 (resized).jpgIMG_20190313_113418 (resized).jpgIMG_20190319_095841 (resized).jpgIMG_20190319_095841 (resized).jpg
#1489 5 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Guys does anyone know where I can get the Taxi eproms? I dont have a burner or the chips. Wondering if someone can help.

I got mine from eBay from the Canadian Chick (rompingirl) ... excellent service and combined shipping too ... took a little time to get them ... wanna say like 10 days nothing crazy.

#1490 5 years ago

In a correct setup should the player be able to hit the lowest pinbot drop target with a properly timed left flipper shot? Seems like there is no way to hit that target except random luck because the right slingshot is in the way and the target is just out of reach.

#1491 5 years ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

In a correct setup should the player be able to hit the lowest pinbot drop target with a properly timed left flipper shot? Seems like there is no way to hit that target except random luck because the right slingshot is in the way and the target is just out of reach.

The hardest shot on Pinbot is the right spot target that advances the planets.
If the flippers are adjusted correctly, one should be able to hit it from the left flipper.
The 3 drop targets on the left should be able to hit from the right flipper.

#1492 5 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

The hardest shot on Pinbot is the right spot target that advances the planets.
If the flippers are adjusted correctly, one should be able to hit it from the left flipper.
The 3 drop targets on the left should be able to hit from the right flipper.

While you are correct... the lower Pinbot drop target on taxi is tough to hit without it being just random. The post from the slingshot is basically blocking the shot. Of course, I am not very good at pinball so maybe that is my problem with it

#1493 5 years ago

My machine was also missing the traffic light plastic. I decided to make my own, I moved it so it sits almost above the "Jackpot" playfield light, and also illuminated it with three LED's. The LED's are connected to the traffic light on the upper right side of the back glass, so they cycle periodically like an actual traffic light.

20190331_203127 (resized).jpg20190331_203127 (resized).jpg
#1494 5 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

While you are correct... the lower Pinbot drop target on taxi is tough to hit without it being just random.

True. The bottom D/T on the right is a tough to hit.
The ball locks are easier.

#1495 5 years ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

My machine was also missing the traffic light plastic. I decided to make my own, I moved it so it sits almost above the "Jackpot" playfield light, and also illuminated it with three LED's. The LED's are connected to the traffic light on the upper right side of the back glass, so they cycle periodically like an actual traffic light.
[quoted image]

That is a great mode.

#1496 5 years ago

My main display has some digits gassed out and flicker horribly due to old age. The display needs to be replaced. The "meter bonus" display however is crisp, perfect and does not need to be replaced. That being said, I saw this for sale:

https://ksarcade.net/new-used-pinball-boards-parts/rottendog-products/displays/rottendog-led-display-dis240-red-blue-orange.html

Its an led replacement for system 11 games, looks identical to the one in taxi but the listing does not say that it is compatible with taxi. I assume it is because the "meter bonus" display is not included.

So, can I use this display in my taxi, with a low voltage LED replacement for the primary display and a high voltage glass/gas tube display for the "meter bonus" display?

The reason I ask is that this kit is $100 cheaper than the ones that comes with the "meter bonus" display, and also have 3 colors to choose from. I never looked but is the "meter bonus" display powered from the main display board or does it have its own power feed from the power supply?

If this won't work, then does anyone know of anywhere to purchase (used or new) just the main display (led or traditional) without the "meter bonus" display?

#1497 5 years ago

Is uncollected jackpot value retained from game to game until it's collected (like in pinbot)? I never noticed until just recently that on attract mode the diisplayed jackpot value on my machine was 1.6million. I'm pretty sure I set the starting value at 500,000.

If this is the case is there a way to disable jackpot carry over?

#1498 5 years ago

You can make the jackpot accumulate quickly so it's whatever you set the max value most every time.

#1499 5 years ago

But does it retain its value from game to game if not collected?

#1500 5 years ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

But does it retain its value from game to game if not collected?

Yeah but you can essentially make the jackpot the same value evey time you get it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 109.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,684 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only/page/30?hl=kvolak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.