IMG_0803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0802 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6921 (resized).jpg
IMG_6922 (resized).jpg
20240223_231438 (resized).jpg
20240223_231255 (resized).jpg
20240223_231332 (resized).jpg
20240223_231336 (resized).jpg

There are 3,670 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 74.
#1401 6 years ago

Those slingshot plastics are from Big Guns..........

#1402 6 years ago

Have custom, operator installed, hand made, brown plastic light shields on the slings and above Marilyn (on my poor beat up game).

#1403 6 years ago

I'm in! I picked up my Taxi a few months ago. It's a pretty decent original example. There's some Santa and Gorbie wear, but not too terrible. It came to me in clean working condition so there's not much to do. Thus far my only significant project was upgrading to incandescent lamps. Great game! I'm putting together some Taxi web pages at...

http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/taxi/index.html

001 (resized).jpg001 (resized).jpg
002 (resized).jpg002 (resized).jpg

#1404 6 years ago

My ringer/bell hasn't worked since I got the game. Is there something specific I should be looking for? I'll take it apart once this tournament I'm hosting is over, but from the last time I was in there a visual inspection didn't show anything obvious like a broken wire or hammer fallen off the coil.

#1405 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

My ringer/bell hasn't worked since I got the game. Is there something specific I should be looking for? I'll take it apart once this tournament I'm hosting is over, but from the last time I was in there a visual inspection didn't show anything obvious like a broken wire or hammer fallen off the coil.

Without meaning to insult your intelligence, you can disable the knocker in the settings. It isn’t disabled is it??

#1406 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I turned mine on through the settings. Turned it off pretty quickly for normal home use but would use it for a party.

#1407 6 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Without meaning to insult your intelligence, you can disable the knocker in the settings. It isn’t disabled is it??

I actually stumbled over that setting when working on some other stuff and it stuck out in my mind. Confirmed last night that it is set to on. Didn't get a chance last night to poke around and confirm power at the coil or look in the head where the wires connect to the board. Just hoping that it's not a transistor, as removing System 11 boards isn't the most fun thing to do during a repair. Not the worst, but still not exactly fun. Note to self. Make sure transistors are in the tool box next time at the location.

#1408 6 years ago

My pinbot drop targets and GI back at the ramps, and right sling went out again. When I fixed it last time it was just cleaning the optos, and the lights fixed by by reflowing solder to the relay board on the bottom right of the playfield. It looked like one of the pins burned before so thought I would replace the connectors, but didn’t fix the problem this time. Is there a fuse that runs all these? I know they are all connected. Replaced the connector in the back box last time too, so that’s why I’m wondering if there could be a fuse issue. The board itself was also a little burned from the pin. Could that be it?

#1409 6 years ago

Ok, GI is back and working ... thinking maybe one of the crimped ends wasn’t all the way in.

However, I can’t get anything out of the pinbot drop targets. Reflowed solder to just about all of the board behind it, tried cleaning the optos again. Was my about taking out the coil to see if something is not attached that I can’t see, but not sure where to look next.

#1410 6 years ago

Aaaaand fixed! Took me awhile to find the break in the coil wire. Had to pull it out to find it. Glad it was once again an easy fix, that taught me something new!

#1411 6 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Aaaaand fixed! Took me awhile to find the break in the coil wire. Had to pull it out to find it. Glad it was once again an easy fix, that taught me something new!

Learning is so under rated. Glad you found success and acquired a new skill!

#1412 6 years ago

can somebody point me to the rectangle clear inserts that are used for marlyn pinbot etc whats the correct size of them i need to change one on my game !?

#1413 6 years ago

Could someone post a couple of pics of the plug and wires for the joyride light PCB on the back of the display panel please? I joined the club in January and am starting to work through some hacks and I am completely missing the plug and wires for that PCB and the speakers. TIA.

2 weeks later
#1414 6 years ago

I've got a bunch of stuff left over from my taxi refresh. There's a brand new set of Lola insert decals and a set of Marilyn decals where a few were placed on playfield then removed to install a hardtop. PM if you need any of it.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1415 6 years ago

Ramps are in pretty bad shape

#1416 6 years ago

Doing a full restore on mine anyone know where one could get a led dispaly set original is dead and id honestly rather just swap to led than fix the plasma everyone seems to be out of stock . Also looking for a cpr backglass if anyone has one to sell or trade .

#1417 6 years ago
Quoted from Drickey86:

Doing a full restore on mine anyone know where one could get a led dispaly set original is dead and id honestly rather just swap to led than fix the plasma everyone seems to be out of stock . Also looking for a cpr backglass if anyone has one to sell or trade .

http://www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com

#1418 6 years ago

You can backorder from xpin.

#1419 5 years ago

To the guys doing a restore- could someone take a pic of the switch inside the bowl of the spin out ramp? I have some strange hacks in my game and I think my spin out has the wrong rollover switch and I don’t get a ton of revolutions.

Thanks

#1420 5 years ago

Anyone know where to get the lockbar lever guide for Taxi? I am rebuilding a taxi and want to get a new lockbar assembly.

If you know the part number that will work too.

Thanks

#1421 5 years ago
Quoted from Dart1970:

Could someone post a couple of pics of the plug and wires for the joyride light PCB on the back of the display panel please? I joined the club in January and am starting to work through some hacks and I am completely missing the plug and wires for that PCB and the speakers. TIA.

Better late than never??

15224561513021464139502 (resized).jpg15224561513021464139502 (resized).jpg

1522456267887441348122 (resized).jpg1522456267887441348122 (resized).jpg

1522456290671884259695 (resized).jpg1522456290671884259695 (resized).jpg

#1422 5 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a replacement Green Start button? Can't find it anywhere

Thanks

#1423 5 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Anyone know where I can get a replacement Green Start button? Can't find it anywhere
Thanks

I bought a white one and died it green with Rit clothing dye , mix it up in a pan you dont care about med heat on the stove and submerge the button . It takes a couple mins and comes out looking like factory

#1424 5 years ago
Quoted from Drickey86:

I bought a white one and died it green with Rit clothing dye , mix it up in a pan you dont care about med heat on the stove and submerge the button . It takes a couple mins and comes out looking like factory

Where did you get the white one?

#1425 5 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

The Pinball wizard out of salt lake city i get most of my parts from there better prices than marco

#1426 5 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

5E0321A2-6C12-4637-84D9-81EEF858BA3D (resized).png5E0321A2-6C12-4637-84D9-81EEF858BA3D (resized).png

#1427 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSwanson:

Better late than never??

Thank you RonSwanson! Those pictures will help immensely, all I have are a bunch of patched red and yellow wires in my back box.

#1428 5 years ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

Ramps are in pretty bad shape

I could use some stuff if you still have it. My right taxi plastic has Santa’s head missing haha. I could also use some insert decals as my taxis are really worn down, some faces and some people. Is it possible to just scrape off the old and stick on the decals? Or is it a larger process?

#1429 5 years ago

I have all new plastics for my machine if your in need id sell my origonals them all for 60 shipped only seem to be in pretty good shape ill post pics when i get them off if you want

#1430 5 years ago

Hey, I need an idea of where to start troubleshooting my Taxi. Yesterday I got three LED bulbs for my pop bumpers. I installed them and they worked, but lower pop bumper stopped popping and bumping, but no other issues. A little later the volume went quiet on the machine - it is still playing music and callouts like normal, just much quieter. Then the lights went out under there right slingshot. I checked the ribbon cables, fuses, and don't see anything obvious causing any of these issues. Ran the diagnostics, the bumper doesn't pop, the lights under the slingshot don't illuminate, and the volume is the same. I looked through some of the old posts and didn't see anything similar. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

#1431 5 years ago

I'd start by replacing the incandescent lights. If the problems disappear you have the culprit.

Power drain, or lack thereof, caused by the leds perhaps?

#1432 5 years ago

Has anyone swapped in a new WPC coin door. I’m in the process of doing so, but swapping over the wiring harness has me hitting my head on the wall. I thought I’d traced each wire and connected accordingly but now the machine won’t start a game. The coin inserts aren’t lit and even my interlock switch appears to not be working.

Any thoughts or experience on this??

#1433 5 years ago

I pulled the LED's when it malfunctioned, no change. The sound has magically corrected itself overnight though.

So it's still just bottom pop bumper, lights under right slingshot, and apparently the coin door lights. I'm stumped.

#1434 5 years ago
Quoted from kvolak:

I pulled the LED's when it malfunctioned, no change. The sound has magically corrected itself overnight though.
So it's still just bottom pop bumper, lights under right slingshot, and apparently the coin door lights. I'm stumped.

Hmmm.
Have you checked the switch matrix? Maybe there is a common denominator.

#1435 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Hmmm.
Have you checked the switch matrix? Maybe there is a common denominator.

Don't see one. Today I'm getting an error on switch 21. Switch edge test registers contact when triggered from under the playfield, but not from above. I'm good with mechanical issues, but not so great with electrical stuff.

1 month later
#1436 5 years ago

Guys, anyone have a paint code for taxi yellow? Inside of cab?

I am going to refresh the inside of my cab. Someone did the outside years ago and did a good job, but didnt bother to do inside and the sides above the pf look like shit. It bugs me.

Thanks,

1 week later
#1438 5 years ago

Morning all, Taxi has been a long time favorite (and I've owned this one for many years). I got mine a year or two after I first started collecting pins so it got played a TON. Well after a few years I wanted to mix things up a bit and I played around with the jackpot difficulty setting. The results were surprising.

My machine is now sold and I wanted to make this vid before it left the house. Enjoy

Jeremy

#1439 5 years ago

Hello, I own Taxi with the Marylyn image. Is this forum still active? I also own Dr. Dude, which no longer ejects the ball from three locations. I am wondering if anyone has experienced a ball ejection issue with Taxi that can be generalized to Dr. Dude. The fuses in the auxiliary board are ok - tested with a multi meter. Would anyone know the potential cause of the problem?

#1440 5 years ago

Anybody have a junk playfield? I’m looking for the right “airport ride” green arrow insert. I bought a few new inserts that are suppose to fit this game, but they a way too big. I would gladly pay for a nice used one from an old blown out playfield. Please pm me if you can help.

FDC1F575-1456-4E53-BCA7-34CF8ABB2348 (resized).jpegFDC1F575-1456-4E53-BCA7-34CF8ABB2348 (resized).jpeg

#1441 5 years ago

So... what's the difference in difficulty between settings 4, 5 and 6?
-mof

#1442 5 years ago

I’m in this club, don’t know why I’ve never seen it before

#1443 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

So... what's the difference in difficulty between settings 4, 5 and 6?
-mof

Excellent question, setting 4 has 2 passengers lit at the start, level 5 has only Santa lit at the start (and only 1 passenger lit at a time), level 6 has only Gorbi lit (and only 1 passenger lit at a time).

Jeremy

#1444 5 years ago

Ok, so 5 and 6 are the same in difficulty.
mof

1 week later
#1445 5 years ago

Name that Tune...

What's the music that plays after a Gorbie pickup?

#1446 5 years ago

Does somebody know if there are diffrences in the speech roms u19,u21,u22 from taxi , Lola vs Marilyn since there are 2 diffrend sets available ?

#1447 5 years ago

Anyone have a used plastics set they'd be willing to part? I'm looking for the traffic light up by the B lane. Mine is missing.

TrafficLight (resized).jpgTrafficLight (resized).jpg

#1448 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

I'm looking for the traffic light up by the B lane. Mine is missing.

Same here. I've never found a source but i keep looking!

#1449 5 years ago

Last call.

I'm looking for someone sitting on an old taxi playfield that is beyond bringing back with touch-up. I'm about to sand down an average one to hardtop it.

Anyone?

#1450 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Last call.

I'm looking for someone sitting on an old taxi playfield that is beyond bringing back with touch-up. I'm about to sand down an average one to hardtop it.

Anyone?

Pm sent

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball
Cabinet parts
There are 3,670 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only/page/29?hl=boiydiego and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.