IMG_1131 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_5287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpg
IMG_7112 (resized).jpg
IMG_0803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0802 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6921 (resized).jpg
There are 3,684 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 74.
#1351 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

And im back in the mofo club!

Best club dayyy is!!

Grats!

1 week later
#1352 6 years ago

Just got done finishing up my Taxi playfield swap, turned out great. I’ll be posting a for sale for an original Marilyn used unpopulated playfield soon if someone is interested in a restore as CPR playfields are tough to come by.

B5DF7CE6-AF27-4BA6-A2D2-C3F43ACFA253 (resized).jpegB5DF7CE6-AF27-4BA6-A2D2-C3F43ACFA253 (resized).jpeg

F409EAE7-C6BD-4568-A263-C6CB6E9080C2 (resized).jpegF409EAE7-C6BD-4568-A263-C6CB6E9080C2 (resized).jpeg

EFB25FF5-DEB8-4C01-9DBC-2C268F5ACD5B (resized).jpegEFB25FF5-DEB8-4C01-9DBC-2C268F5ACD5B (resized).jpeg

60E15AA6-8C4C-44C6-8FF3-C674C78C0E7B (resized).jpeg60E15AA6-8C4C-44C6-8FF3-C674C78C0E7B (resized).jpeg

#1353 6 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Just got done finishing up my Taxi playfield swap, turned out great. I’ll be posting a for sale for an original Marilyn used unpopulated playfield soon if someone is interested in a restore as CPR playfields are tough to come by.

Looks great! How was the swap? Any components that were misplaced on the new PF or did things line up?

#1354 6 years ago

Everything lined up nicely, small tweek at the Gorbie hole. The spin out ramp now goes around 4x’s with a full plunge. Really brings out the fun factor, I was lucky to get a 25,000 x1 25% of the time.

#1355 6 years ago

Here are some pictures of the original Marilyn playfield I pulled from my game before the playfield swap, shoot me a pm if anyone is interested in buying this playfield. It has Mylar that could be removed from the bottom half of playfield, could be used for a restore or sand it down for a hardtop application or use it as wall art.

66694C15-EA64-4741-BD86-4497486EFF5F (resized).jpeg66694C15-EA64-4741-BD86-4497486EFF5F (resized).jpeg

CAE57E52-2673-46BD-94A8-C659A2EAD6A1 (resized).jpegCAE57E52-2673-46BD-94A8-C659A2EAD6A1 (resized).jpeg

F539B562-699E-4431-BEF3-37EC5886D288 (resized).jpegF539B562-699E-4431-BEF3-37EC5886D288 (resized).jpeg

55D783A6-E15A-49DB-9E0D-D78806F30397 (resized).jpeg55D783A6-E15A-49DB-9E0D-D78806F30397 (resized).jpeg

864B97A3-3BA9-4BC4-96A2-3CBAC03E342B (resized).jpeg864B97A3-3BA9-4BC4-96A2-3CBAC03E342B (resized).jpeg

73D3F936-CC53-4878-AF10-FC7D6A4E6DAF (resized).jpeg73D3F936-CC53-4878-AF10-FC7D6A4E6DAF (resized).jpeg

#1356 6 years ago

Taxi help requested: although good news is we got the bell working!
- all pop bumpers are dead, nothing during game or coil test.
-F3 fuse blows at power up, which is for these unless I'm mistaken
-everything else is functional, save the knocker which is missing.

Going through the thread here, I was going to start with replacing Q73,75,77 transistors. Bumper assemblies all appear in good physical order. No binding etc.
I remember mention of fusing the bumpers individually as a precaution, was going to do that to under the playfield.

Any other things I should be checking here?

#1357 6 years ago

Be sure and protect that middle plastic!
-mof

#1358 6 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

The spin out ramp now goes around 4x’s with a full plunge. Really brings out the fun factor, I was lucky to get a 25,000 x1 25% of the time.

Wow! 4x is incredible. I'd like mine to go through twice and I'd be happy.

#1359 6 years ago

If anyone has a Taxi Cab plastic, the long one that fits across the plunger lane - my new one just cracked in two!!

#1360 6 years ago

Looking for a CPR Marilyn back glass for my upcoming restore project. Let me know if you have one to sell or know where I can order one.

#1361 6 years ago

So ordering the necessary parts to fix the boards and coils in case one is shorted. Before doing so, can a Taxi owner help me out with the following?
1. picture of bell wiring, as it is working, but looks like it was fixed creatively
2. picture of pop bumper wiring and what diodes etc are on that switch if you know.

Want to get this operating on the first crack hopefully.

Thank you!

#1362 6 years ago

Ok, so I am thinking of joining your fine club. Currently own some EM’s , a Blackout and STLE ; a real mix of styles so why not a System 11 right? What are the top three things I should look out for before buying and /or do to this pin to improve it?
Thanks a lot!

#1363 6 years ago

I just installed a Hardtop, and it plays fast and super smooth. I highly recommend it to anyone with a lost cause playfield; or anyone who wants a perfect playing Taxi. Kudos to Outside Edge!4C978E3D-756A-4EBD-9EDE-AEF1CFEDFAEF (resized).jpeg4C978E3D-756A-4EBD-9EDE-AEF1CFEDFAEF (resized).jpeg

95C118F7-8177-4E74-8200-2ABF1F22882D (resized).jpeg95C118F7-8177-4E74-8200-2ABF1F22882D (resized).jpeg

3893014F-DD3E-4FE4-A594-4A945CE1E43F (resized).jpeg3893014F-DD3E-4FE4-A594-4A945CE1E43F (resized).jpeg

054EF3EC-EC40-46A1-A0D3-F27CB18DDD86 (resized).jpeg054EF3EC-EC40-46A1-A0D3-F27CB18DDD86 (resized).jpeg

#1364 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

If anyone has a Taxi Cab plastic, the long one that fits across the plunger lane - my new one just cracked in two!!

I've got one for you. Shoot me a pm.

#1365 6 years ago

sawbill - looks fantastic!! Do these stick onto the pf? Great idea to produce these, so much easier to restore!!!!

-Nate

#1366 6 years ago
Quoted from sawbill:

I just installed a Hardtop, and it plays fast and super smooth. I highly recommend it to anyone with a lost cause playfield; or anyone who wants a perfect playing Taxi. Kudos to Outside Edge!

Looks fantastic!

#1367 6 years ago

Volkdrive
I hope these help. The diodes should be 1n4004.

C0D5DA89-FBE3-414D-867A-162AD34373B1 (resized).jpegC0D5DA89-FBE3-414D-867A-162AD34373B1 (resized).jpeg

B540357A-4503-4C32-87BC-92FC6723ACE9 (resized).jpegB540357A-4503-4C32-87BC-92FC6723ACE9 (resized).jpeg

21148582-738B-4D87-B7C4-595B52B063D0 (resized).jpeg21148582-738B-4D87-B7C4-595B52B063D0 (resized).jpeg

#1368 6 years ago

Yes, that will get us going for sure. It’s the first machine a buddy from work bought and the pops are dead so we will be starting with the drive trans on board and go from there. Just want to have a good reference so we can get it up and running. Thanks again

#1369 6 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Yes, that will get us going for sure. It’s the first machine a buddy from work bought and the pops are dead so we will be starting with the drive trans on board and go from there. Just want to have a good reference so we can get it up and running. Thanks again

The spoon switch has a 22uF capacitor and a 100ohm resistor out of view in the pictures above.

I've found this a useful reference in the past: http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_System_9_-_11#Special_solenoid_problems

2 weeks later
#1370 6 years ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

I've got one for you. Shoot me a pm.

Haha, Santa lost his head on mine!

#1371 6 years ago

Ok, so had a tech come to the house for my pop bumper issue ( kept blowing the fuse right from start up), I’m trying to remember what he said the problem was. I think was not getting power to release? (I could be way off.) the solution though was to jumper the front bumper to one of the others. Has anyone seen this? He also said it’s a problem in the board, but hoping by describing the solution he put in place it might help someone know what’s going on. Can take a pic.

#1372 6 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Ok, so had a tech come to the house for my pop bumper issue ( kept blowing the fuse right from start up), I’m trying to remember what he said the problem was. I think was not getting power to release? (I could be way off.) the solution though was to jumper the front bumper to one of the others. Has anyone seen this? He also said it’s a problem in the board, but hoping by describing the solution he put in place it might help someone know what’s going on. Can take a pic.

Sounds like the bumper was getting locked on because of a board issue and he just hacked it so two bumpers fire at the same time if either is triggered.

#1373 6 years ago

Anybody have a part number for the spring on the ball gate at the rear left of the playfield?

#1374 6 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

That doesn't sound like a solution at all. Might be time for a better solution to your tech problem...

#1375 6 years ago

Get a better tech. The board issue could be a little bit to chase down if it's in the logic, but most likely a shorted transistor. A long as there's not corrosion on your board it's pretty straight forward to fix.

#1376 6 years ago

Anybody have a part number for the spring on the ball gate at the rear left of the playfield?

Here is the spring used on ball gates:
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3661

10-194 spring 2 1/8" long

#1377 6 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Here is the spring used on ball gates:
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3661
10-194 spring 2 1/8" long

Thanks.

#1378 6 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Great work mate, looks great!!

I’ve just a complete rebuild like yourself, new cpr, plastics, ramps, redecalled cab, the works. I’ve put LEDs throughout but am disappointed with the warm white in the Marilyn, Drac, Santa etc insets. Yours like great, what colour bulb are they?

Also, the Drac catapult is now all over the shop. It throws balls into the side, out of the plastic ramp and sometimes falls the wrong way down the Departure Ramp. Any chance you have any close up photos of this ramp? I have a feeling they may have been bent.

Thanks

#1379 6 years ago

Sounds like the bumper was getting locked on because of a board issue and he just hacked it so two bumpers fire at the same time if either is triggered.

Right, that’s what’s happening. He is the first guy I had brought out to look, I have been figuring things out myself more on the Space Station I have as until recently the taxi was fine. (That’s what I get for cleaning and waxing.). But I also just learned about how to check continuity, so maybe I’ll start there and work my way back just to confirm it’s something in the board. (They guy said he did that already but I need the practice and like to confirm anyway.) where from the board do the bumper lines start?

#1380 6 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Right, that’s what’s happening. He is the first guy I had brought out to look, I have been figuring things out myself more on the Space Station I have as until recently the taxi was fine. (That’s what I get for cleaning and waxing.). But I also just learned about how to check continuity, so maybe I’ll start there and work my way back just to confirm it’s something in the board. (They guy said he did that already but I need the practice and like to confirm anyway.) where from the board do the bumper lines start?

I had it wrong, looks like the pop bumpers are fine, it is the flipper he jumped from one to the other. I think it is the right dflipper that is connected to the pop bumpers correct?

Also, new issue that started my third game in tonight ... the drop targets for pinbot don’t reset? Once down they don’t come up at all, not during the game, not during the solenoid test. I don’t see any obvious connection problems. Where does this run through? I also need to look up the fuse, but they all look fine, and Lola still works.

#1381 6 years ago

Hmm, no continuity between the solonoid connectors of the pinbot drop target. I appear to have it on the yellow-purple side, but I don’t see where the brown with blue line runs to, but as there is no read between each tab on the solonoid that has to be the break.

How do solonoid work? Is it running any way through the optos board next to it?

#1382 6 years ago

Newbie to the pin scene and my first pin I now own it taxi. I had to replace a flipper sleeve today and after replacing it and powering it back up the machine defaulted back to factory settings. Not a big deal but I cannot get it back to free play. I hit the advance switch and it goes to the music test and will got go any further in the options. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

#1383 6 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Newbie to the pin scene and my first pin I now own it taxi. I had to replace a flipper sleeve today and after replacing it and powering it back up the machine defaulted back to factory settings. Not a big deal but I cannot get it back to free play. I hit the advance switch and it goes to the music test and will got go any further in the options. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

The switch in the middle is depressed. Two of your buttons are just push buttons but the middle one is a two way switch. Push it to release and then enter the menu again

Of course factory settings restored usually means the batteries are dead. You should replace those if you haven’t already

#1384 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

The switch in the middle is depressed. Two of your buttons are just push buttons but the middle one is a two way switch. Push it to release and then enter the menu again
Of course factory settings restored usually means the batteries are dead. You should replace those if you haven’t already

I understand the switch concept but when I press the advance button it only advances to the first test which is the music test and will not advance to any other audit or test modes.

#1385 6 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

I understand the switch concept but when I press the advance button it only advances to the first test which is the music test and will not advance to any other audit or test modes.

It will only go to music test if the middle switch is depressed. If the middle switch is released it will go first into audits and then adjustments which is where you need to be in order to set it to free play.

#1386 6 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

The auto/manual up/down button is a bit weird because it does more than one thing.

Auto/up is when the button is not clicked in, manual/down is when the button is clicked in

From attract mode, if you press advance, the auto/up/manual/down button selects what mode to go in to:
- auto/up will go to audits and adjustments
- manual/down will go to diag test

In audits and adjustments when you press advance with:
- it set to up will go to the next audit or adjustment
- it set to down will go to the previous audit of adjustment
- start button changes the adjustment
- you exit by advancing UP past the end of the adjustments. Going down past the start just loops to the end.

In diag test:
- press adv to move to the next test - you cannot move to another test unless the middle button is in auto/up/unclicked as you cannot go backwards (down) through the tests
- press manual/down to start repeatedly testing something. eg in the coil test, if you activate manual/down, the currently tested coil will repeatedly fire until auto/up is pressed.
- Start button steps through some tests (like lamps). If you advance through all the tests you will get to audits and adjustments mode as above.

As an example, say I want to set free play:
- In attract mode I put the middle button in the auto/up (unclicked) position.
- advance will enter audits and adjustments
- advance repeatedly to get to the adjustment I want to change
- If I go past it, manual/down and then adv to go backwards to the adjustment I want
- start to change the value
- auto/up position and then advance through all the remaining adjustments
- game should boot back to attract mode

Another example, I want to test a single bulb in the lamp test:
- In attract mode, I put the middle button in manual/down clicked in position
- advance
- auto/up
- adv to the relevant test
- start button a lot to walk through the bulbs
- adv to get to audit and adjustment mode

Quickest way out of audits and adjustments from the first one is to jump to the end then go up once.
- manual/down (clicked)
- adv to get to the last adjustment
- auto/up (unclicked)
- adv to return to attract mode

Clear as mud, no?

#1387 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

The auto/manual up/down button is a bit weird because it does more than one thing.
Auto/up is when the button is not clicked in, manual/down is when the button is clicked in
From attract mode, if you press advance, the auto/up/manual/down button selects what mode to go in to:
- auto/up will go to audits and adjustments
- manual/down will go to diag test
In audits and adjustments when you press advance with:
- it set to up will go to the next audit or adjustment
- it set to down will go to the previous audit of adjustment
- start button changes the adjustment
- you exit by advancing UP past the end of the adjustments. Going down past the start just loops to the end.
In diag test:
- press adv to move to the next test - you cannot move to another test unless the middle button is in auto/up/unclicked as you cannot go backwards (down) through the tests
- press manual/down to start repeatedly testing something. eg in the coil test, if you activate manual/down, the currently tested coil will repeatedly fire until auto/up is pressed.
- Start button steps through some tests (like lamps). If you advance through all the tests you will get to audits and adjustments mode as above.
As an example, say I want to set free play:
- In attract mode I put the middle button in the auto/up (unclicked) position.
- advance will enter audits and adjustments
- advance repeatedly to get to the adjustment I want to change
- If I go past it, manual/down and then adv to go backwards to the adjustment I want
- start to change the value
- auto/up position and then advance through all the remaining adjustments
- game should boot back to attract mode
Another example, I want to test a single bulb in the lamp test:
- In attract mode, I put the middle button in manual/down clicked in position
- advance
- auto/up
- adv to the relevant test
- start button a lot to walk through the bulbs
- adv to get to audit and adjustment mode
Quickest way out of audits and adjustments from the first one is to jump to the end then go up once.
- manual/down (clicked)
- adv to get to the last adjustment
- auto/up (unclicked)
- adv to return to attract mode
Clear as mud, no?

That’s the long versions for sure lol. To summarize...

Click the middle button once and then re-enter the menu.

#1388 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

That’s the long versions for sure lol. To summarize...
Click the middle button once and then re-enter the menu.

Yeah, that one got away from me... Type type type... post... shit it's a book.

#1389 6 years ago

thanks guys!

#1390 6 years ago

Anybody looking for a cpr backglass? I was going to hang it, but would rather have it go in a game. ***SPOKEN FOR***

Scott

#1391 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Anybody looking for a cpr backglass? I was going to hang it, but would rather have it go in a game.
Scott

Pm sent

#1392 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

***SPOKEN FOR***
Scott

Nice!
I'm very happy with mine.

1 week later
#1393 6 years ago

I need to get the newest ROM in the Marilyn version. What's the best way to do this?

#1394 6 years ago

I just did my first crimp job on an idc connector. Got a deal on the crimp tool and then got the courage learn to do this from now on. The connector that runs half of the back box lighting was burned. Easier than I thought it would be, don’t know what I was afraid of??? Haha

I also fixed my Pinbot drop targets ... optos just needed to be cleaned. Phew

I’m looking at the schematics, which connector controls the GI for the sling on the right side?

#1395 6 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

I just did my first crimp job on an idc connector. Got a deal on the crimp tool and then got the courage learn to do this from now on. The connector that runs half of the back box lighting was burned. Easier than I thought it would be, don’t know what I was afraid of??? Haha
I also fixed my Pinbot drop targets ... optos just needed to be cleaned. Phew
I’m looking at the schematics, which connector controls the GI for the sling on the right side?

The only way I know to check which string controls which bulb is to peek under the playfield and look at the wires on the socket.

Those wires come back up to the lower right side of the interconnect board. From memory Playfield GI is printed on the board.

#1396 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

The only way I know to check which string controls which bulb is to peek under the playfield and look at the wires on the socket.
Those wires come back up to the lower right side of the interconnect board. From memory Playfield GI is printed on the board.

Man, you did it again ajfclark, following the wires I got to the transformer(?) board on the bottom right side under the playfield. There were some cracked solder joints on the connector down there. Reflowed solder (pumped I know what it means and how to do that now haha) and boom! All lights working! So much more light! The right sling was out, the lighting under the blue dividers by the C-A-B were out along with the under ramp lights. Instantly fixed!

I should take a picture of my plastics on the slings, I’m noticing everyone else has blue triangles. Mine probably came from another game, yet I kind of like them!

#1397 6 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Man, you did it again ajfclark, following the wires I got to the transformer(?) board on the bottom right side under the playfield. There were some cracked solder joints on the connector down there. Reflowed solder (pumped I know what it means and how to do that now haha) and boom! All lights working! So much more light! The right sling was out, the lighting under the blue dividers by the C-A-B were out along with the under ramp lights. Instantly fixed!
I should take a picture of my plastics on the slings, I’m noticing everyone else has blue triangles. Mine probably came from another game, yet I kind of like them!

You mean a relay board? Yes, those things seem to have a habit of cracking their solder joints. eg. check the pads of the relay itself in the middle of the board:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1398 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

You mean a relay board? Yes, those things seem to have a habit of cracking their solder joints. eg. check the pads of the relay itself in the middle of the board:

Yeah, that thing, works great now!

And that picture is interesting... on my Space Station, I had 3 lights out on the middle inserts. Saw some cracked solder joints on that connector too, so reflowed, and 2 of the 3 are going. The 3rd though, I can faintly see some light coming to it, so with that picture I’m wondering if I should look at the non connector things like that?

#1399 6 years ago

I’ve had my Taxi for about 4 months now, and i only recently noticed I have different plastics on my left and right slings than everybody else. I thought the news guy was on purpose, and the green kind of goes with other green on the playfield haha. Had no idea what the other guy was for on the right, but it’s a world where pinbot needs a taxi ride, so didn’t question it lol.

155E5126-30D3-4953-9289-7F4E47FCCF32 (resized).jpeg155E5126-30D3-4953-9289-7F4E47FCCF32 (resized).jpeg

#1400 6 years ago

Lol. Yeah in a world where Gorbie shares a cab with Santa, who cares right!

But they should be just plain ol blue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,684 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.