IMG_1131 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_5287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpg
IMG_7112 (resized).jpg
IMG_0803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0802 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6921 (resized).jpg
There are 3,684 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 74.
#1301 6 years ago

I got these for sale if anyone could use them.

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
Taxi Plastic Set Archived
New (selling multiple, business) - “Bought these from Planetary Pinball after a couple beers too many. $125 shipped.”
2017-08-01
Zillah, WA
125 (Firm)
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 12 times

#1302 6 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

whatevs, that thing is gorgeous, i'd set mine on fire for that one lol

1 week later
#1303 6 years ago

Hey fellow Taxi owners, I have a question for you all. What value do you have your jackpot minimum and jackpot maximum set to? I currently have mine set to 1 million minimum, and 1.5 million maximum. My reasoning is because I want the scores to be reasonably fair each time you play it. And having a .5 million maximum difference was the best I could do.

I don't want one player to be able to get a 4 million point jackpot one game, and then have another player only score a .5 million the next game. The scores will be vastly different which I think is not a fair reflection of gameplay.

Any other way to narrow my .5 million difference between minimum and max jackpot value?

#1304 6 years ago

Proud owner of a mostly HUO Taxi myself. Unfortunately, it wasn't treated very delicately in that home, so I've spent the past few months shopping/cleaning mine. It's nowhere near 100%, but she plays SO much better now.

My Flickr album documents parts of the process: https://flic.kr/s/aHskD8Pt1Z

Also, my JACKPOT display hasn't worked for me since day one, so it's something I need to look into replacing.

"Yo, Taxi!!"

-Kasey

#1305 6 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Hey fellow Taxi owners, I have a question for you all. What value do you have your jackpot minimum and jackpot maximum set to? I currently have mine set to 1 million minimum, and 1.5 million maximum. My reasoning is because I want the scores to be reasonably fair each time you play it. And having a .5 million maximum difference was the best I could do.
I don't want one player to be able to get a 4 million point jackpot one game, and then have another player only score a .5 million the next game. The scores will be vastly different which I think is not a fair reflection of gameplay.
Any other way to narrow my .5 million difference between minimum and max jackpot value?

There is a PAPA modified tournament ROM that accomplishes this.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-taxi-custom-competition-rom

#1306 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

There is a PAPA modified tournament ROM that accomplishes this.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-taxi-custom-competition-rom

Thanks! I thought I had remembered reading something about this but couldn't find it. I will look into it.

1 week later
#1307 6 years ago

FYI, Outsidedge has announced their latest Hardtop, Taxi, is now for sale.

IMG_4482 (resized).JPGIMG_4482 (resized).JPG

#1308 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Looks great. Do you know if there are any ill effects if I bought one, but didn't install it until say 2 months from now? I can't imagine they are, but would hate for the glue to have some property that messed me up.

#1309 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

That hardtop looks amazing!!!
Dose it look better or at least the same as the CPR Taxi playfield.
And did you add a clear cote aswell.

Thanks

#1310 6 years ago
Quoted from piggidyphish:

Looks great. Do you know if there are any ill effects if I bought one, but didn't install it until say 2 months from now? I can't imagine they are, but would hate for the glue to have some property that messed me up.

No it will be fine. They use a 3M product and there is no degradation in such a short time. Five years from now maybe.

#1311 6 years ago
Quoted from kingau:

That hardtop looks amazing!!!
Dose it look better or at least the same as the CPR Taxi playfield.
And did you add a clear cote aswell.
Thanks

I chose to sand the entire playfield this time .I then sprayed an acrylic clear on the inserts and shooter lane. The playfield looks amazing the inserts look nice. I will take some close-ups this weekend.

You can see a finished hard top video at this link for more info:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardtops-2-pharaoh

#1312 6 years ago

I don't know the exact angle I have my game set on (front feet are all the way down and the back feet are about 1/3 of the way down). I'm able to make it up the right ramp almost all the time but the left ramp, only about half the time. It will get half way up and doesn't complete the loop. I know the left loop is at a little steeper angle but is this the way the game is intended to play so you have to have a perfect shoot to make it up the ramps or maybe I need to do a flipper rebuild? It seems like my flippers are stong but maybe they need a rebuild. I just didn't know when dialed in, how the game was meant to be played.

#1313 6 years ago

Yesh23 If you haven't rebuilt your flippers, or at least changed out your coil sleeves and cleaned the cab switch contacts and flipper switch contacts i would do that first, then adjust the EOS gaps properly. This should solve your problem. In my experience playing a few different taxis, the left ramp should take some precision but it should take a PERFECT shot to make this ramp.

Quoted from Yesh23:

I don't know the exact angle I have my game set on (front feet are all the way down and the back feet are about 1/3 of the way down). I'm able to make it up the right ramp almost all the time but the left ramp, only about half the time. It will get half way up and doesn't complete the loop. I know the left loop is at a little steeper angle but is this the way the game is intended to play so you have to have a perfect shoot to make it up the ramps or maybe I need to do a flipper rebuild? It seems like my flippers are stong but maybe they need a rebuild. I just didn't know when dialed in, how the game was meant to be played.

#1314 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Thank you for the heads up. I think I'm going to have to order one of these over a new playfield that I can't seem to find. For $300 not bad. Thank goodness for OT at work. Only bad thing is the down time on the pinball since it's my wife's favorite, she plays it every day since we bought it. I've done various rebuilds on other pins, but not a whole playfield tear down. LOTS of pictures will be needed for sure. Right now I've mainly got wear around the pop bumpers and half of the playfield is discolored a bit since only half of my game had mylar, the upper half color is off. Cleaning it with novus 2 and magic eraser helped a good bit, but still not great.

My wife thinks the wear is fine. She says it gives it character, I want my Marylyn Taxi to shine.

#1315 6 years ago

Does anyone have a wire form part # 12-6772-1. It is the one that launches the ball into the spinout, has the long limo Taxi plastic on it. Thanks

Hoping someone is parting one out and no longer needs one

#1316 6 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I want my Marylyn Taxi to shine

She will

IMG_4590 (resized).JPGIMG_4590 (resized).JPG

IMG_4591 (resized).JPGIMG_4591 (resized).JPG

#1317 6 years ago

OK after seeing your playfield and watching the instruction videos they had for Pharaoh, I'm going to be ordering one hopefully next Friday. Will be a great fall project. And while I'm there, I'll add new items as needed for that perfect restoration. At least I know the pop bumpers and flippers were already rebuilt.

Jason

#1318 6 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

OK after seeing your playfield and watching the instruction videos they had for Pharaoh, I'm going to be ordering one hopefully next Friday. Will be a great fall project. And while I'm there, I'll add new items as needed for that perfect restoration. At least I know the pop bumpers and flippers were already rebuilt.
Jason

I'm glad you liked my videos. Hope they were informative enough.

2 weeks later
#1319 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I'm glad you liked my videos. Hope they were informative enough.

Here is my current playfield, I started to replace the ramps due to a crack in one, and tried to clean the best I could , but the color difference is there due to the fact only half of the playfield has original mylar on it. Not sure why the whole game didn't have it but oh well. As I tried to clean the upper playfield area, I actually went through the paint to bare wood. So my questions is, would you say take a crap load of pictures, strip it, sand it and put the hard top on, or just clean it a little more and roll on since its an old marilyn? My wife doesn't care which way I go, as long as it's back in operation by early December for friends/family to play during visits and parties.

taxi view 1 (resized).jpgtaxi view 1 (resized).jpg

taxi view 2 (resized).jpgtaxi view 2 (resized).jpg

#1320 6 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Here is my current playfield, I started to replace the ramps due to a crack in one, and tried to clean the best I could , but the color difference is there due to the fact only half of the playfield has original mylar on it. Not sure why the whole game didn't have it but oh well. As I tried to clean the upper playfield area, I actually went through the paint to bare wood. So my questions is, would you say take a crap load of pictures, strip it, sand it and put the hard top on, or just clean it a little more and roll on since its an old marilyn? My wife doesn't care which way I go, as long as it's back in operation by early December for friends/family to play during visits and parties.

I cannot answer that. That is a personal decision. If it plays fine and you are enjoying it as it stands, Leave it alone. If you want a bright fast clean playfieleld and are mechanically inclinedrip that sucker up.

#1321 6 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

would you say take a crap load of pictures, strip it, sand it and put the hard top on, or just clean it a little more and roll on since its an old marilyn?

You seem to have other games so you could afford to have the game out of order for a little while. I know I would not be done by Christmas with the current time I can spare working my my machines.

I'm surprised the un-mylar area are not cleaning so well with 99%alcohol and magic eraser. that shit is the bomb. For example the gray area near Santa.

To do a good enough cleaning job, you need to take out a lot of stuff so might as well strip the whole thing and try the hard top.

If you are not going to replace a bunch of parts from the top side, I say leave it at that. Clean a little more with magic eraser, wax and play it.

#1322 6 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

not cleaning so well with 99%alcohol and magic eraser.

I was using the magic eraser with alcohol after Novus 2 didn't get the results I hoped for. Trying to make it clean, I actually when through the paint right to wood!

#1323 6 years ago

Got my taxi cleaned and waxed, took it for a test drive, but the pop bumpers aren't working anymore?

For the record, I didn't go crazy taking everything off, just as far as the spin out and ramps and put them back on. There was a light out on the front pop bumper so replaced that.

I believe the fuse is F3, and that looked blown, so I replaced it, didn't work. Looked at F3 again and looked popped again, and points were scoring from somewhere for no reason? Replaced again, worked when I hit them with my hand, so shot the ball in the spinout, and instantly didn't work again, and fuse looks blown.

Any idea what I could have done? Didn't mess with anything underneath, so not sure how to track down what's happening.

... oh, and now I'm out of 2.5a fuses lol

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1324 6 years ago

Justa shot in the dark - but maybe a switch got misalligned during the cleaning? Thats what i think of when you say points are scoring for no reason. should be able to see this in a switch test.

#1325 6 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

... oh, and now I'm out of 2.5a fuses lol

check for a short in the wires, may from wiggling some stuff around while cleaning ans such.

#1326 6 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Justa shot in the dark - but maybe a switch got misalligned during the cleaning? Thats what i think of when you say points are scoring for no reason. should be able to see this in a switch test.

Switch test, I'll give it a go. Will I need the fuse in F3 or will it show without it? I'm waiting for fuses in the mail.

#1327 6 years ago

Ok, so the switch test points to 17, 19, and 21 which are all the pop bumpers. But if the fuse isn't in for those right now, that's why it shows up, right? New fuses should arrive today.

I think I found the phantom scoring culprit. It looks like it was the the switch on the left side of the right tamp at the top of the loop. The wire is hitting itself there in the switch somehow and I think I bent it out of the way so it won't do that anymore (I hope).

So three questions:
1) that wouldn't be frying the pop bumper fuse, right?
2) when I got the pin, the front pop bumper light was out, so I replaced it. Could that be blowing the fuse? Is it connected to F3?
3) from the question up top, the switch test calling out the pop bumper switches because the fuse isn't in place? I checked under and I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

#1328 6 years ago

Ok, I can confirm it is not #2, the bulb I put in.

Also, when the fuse was in before it blew, the speakers had a loud humming sound. I noticed that before the other times the fuse was blowing. Does that give anyone any thoughts to what's going on?

2 weeks later
#1329 6 years ago

Anyone have an old Taxi topper sitting around that they want to sell? PM thanks!

Added over 6 years ago: Found the topper..

2 weeks later
#1330 6 years ago

I'm just finishing up installing a hardtop and can't find where this came from, anybody recognize it?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1331 6 years ago

Here is a pic

20150520_151946 (resized).jpg20150520_151946 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1333 6 years ago

Going to look at one tonight. Looks good aside from some wear at pop bumpers. Asking price 2700 cdn. Figure if it all works, try fro 23-2400, option to install hard top like some above have done later I think. Anything else we should look for specific to this title? Not for me, friend at work has had a couple of mine on loan and now wants his first......
Thanks gang.

#1334 6 years ago

As a heads up, my Taxi is up for sale:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/56502

f0e97dbc351d12185d8f93c1a6f7b784de6edb91.jpgf0e97dbc351d12185d8f93c1a6f7b784de6edb91.jpg

#1335 6 years ago

I saw that one. Very nice! It's out of his price range at this time though. He's a hobby wood worker, so stripping play field for a hard top would be on him and I'd help go through the removal/assembly on it. If he could swing yours, it would be here though, looks better than new. Good luck with the sale too, someone will be pleased to own that.

#1336 6 years ago

Ok, so we made offer on well playing Taxi. It's at my friends house now. He's quite happy. Only issue non functional is the bell. Wondering until I get a manual for this title if anyone can point me at common causes.

Thx

#1337 6 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Ok, so we made offer on well playing Taxi. It's at my friends house now. He's quite happy. Only issue non functional is the bell. Wondering until I get a manual for this title if anyone can point me at common causes.
Thx

Bell is often disconnected since it’s so loud. There’s a manual on ipdb.com when you search for Taxi.

Make sure nobody cut a wire

#1338 6 years ago

Question on "Ride Again " light.

When should this light be on and what does it indicate?

Mine seems to come on a lot.

#1339 6 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Thx

I think the bell is a menu adjustment on taxi. I've seen broken coil wires prevent the bell from working. Power for the coil also goes through a normally closed end of stroke switch, it might need filing or adjusting.

#1340 6 years ago

Here are some pictures of the Taxi Hardtop playfield overlay I recently installed. There is at least 75 games played on this product and it is spotless. I could not be happier.

20171123_162031 (resized).jpg20171123_162031 (resized).jpg

20171123_162119 (resized).jpg20171123_162119 (resized).jpg

20171123_162102 (resized).jpg20171123_162102 (resized).jpg

#1341 6 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Question on "Ride Again " light.
When should this light be on and what does it indicate?
Mine seems to come on a lot.

It’s the extra ball light. Comes on when.......you earn an extra ball

#1342 6 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

It’s the extra ball light. Comes on when.......you earn an extra ball

Hmmm, that's what I figured.

So I've got an issue then. Time to start troubleshooting.

Thanks

#1343 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

Here are some pictures of the Taxi Hardtop playfield overlay I recently installed.

Looking good buddy!

#1344 6 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Hmmm, that's what I figured.
So I've got an issue then. Time to start troubleshooting.
Thanks

Check closely and see if any other lamps are coming on when they shouldn’t.

It’s possible one of the lamps in the row has a bad diode or maybe even the lamp holder is incorrectly wiired (had it recently myself on wh20 and caused a whole host of lamp issues)

You can help eliminate batches of possible culprits by unplugging any large lamp pcbs under the pf. If the problem disappears whilst one of the pcb’s is unplugged, you have narrowed it down to a few.

Either that or you happen to earn a shed load of extra balls!!!!

#1345 6 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Check closely and see if any other lamps are coming on when they shouldn’t.
It’s possible one of the lamps in the row has a bad diode or maybe even the lamp holder is incorrectly wiired (had it recently myself on wh20 and caused a whole host of lamp issues)
You can help eliminate batches of possible culprits by unplugging any large lamp pcbs under the pf. If the problem disappears whilst one of the pcb’s is unplugged, you have narrowed it down to a few.
Either that or you happen to earn a shed load of extra balls!!!!

Cool, thanks for the tip!

Unfortunately no extra balls are being awarded.

My tilt is super sensitive though! Found that out on my best ball to date.

2 weeks later
#1346 6 years ago

Hey guys, I’m having two issues with the taxi I found.

The rotten dog replacement display works, but the top line has a bunch of extra segments lighted in the center of each led display. I can see the text working correctly “behind” the extra segments that are always lit.

The other issue is the kickout solenoid under the spinout, the drop targets, and draws catapult aren’t firing.

It’s not fuses for the solenoids. But it would be nice if someone could point me in the direction of the right transistors, I’m not the best with schematics.

#1347 6 years ago

+1 add me
LOVE my Taxi!
My absolute Favorite all time Pin, Never gets old.

#1348 6 years ago
Quoted from newmanoconnor:

It’s not fuses for the solenoids. But it would be nice if someone could point me in the direction of the right transistors, I’m not the best with schematics.

Page 29 of the manual lists the driver transistors for each solenoid and flasher.

#1349 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Page 29 of the manual lists the driver transistors for each solenoid and flasher.

Thanks!

#1350 6 years ago

And im back in the mofo club!

20171218_144331 (resized).jpg20171218_144331 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 109.00
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

There are 3,684 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only/page/27?hl=chriswhitey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.