IMG_1131 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_5287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7122 (resized).jpg
IMG_7112 (resized).jpg
IMG_0803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0802 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6921 (resized).jpg
There are 3,684 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 74.
#1201 7 years ago

Question: anyone out there have any extra plastics, specifically the plastic behind the Lola drop targets and the stretch limo? It has been a while since I bought this machine and tore the playfield down and was putting it back together and realized the person I bought it from used some other plastic from another machine and modified it to fit over the space. I have some clear plastic and was going to make the 2 items since I am now in penny pinching mode but can't find decent scans to work with so figured I would reach out to the community on this one to see if anyone has spare ones laying around they would like to get rid of/sell or any images that would work.

Thanks in advance everyone.

1 week later
#1202 7 years ago

I wished I had all the club drinking a beer with me when I screwed the last bolt on this one. Top playfield to be done but cabinet and backbox are in a dream shape (minus coin door and rails @powdercoating)So much love for Taxi!!

IMG_4091 (resized).JPGIMG_4091 (resized).JPG

IMG_4092 (resized).JPGIMG_4092 (resized).JPG

#1203 7 years ago
Quoted from UNCCShannon:

Question: anyone out there have any extra plastics, specifically the plastic behind the Lola drop targets and the stretch limo? It has been a while since I bought this machine and tore the playfield down and was putting it back together and realized the person I bought it from used some other plastic from another machine and modified it to fit over the space. I have some clear plastic and was going to make the 2 items since I am now in penny pinching mode but can't find decent scans to work with so figured I would reach out to the community on this one to see if anyone has spare ones laying around they would like to get rid of/sell or any images that would work.
Thanks in advance everyone.

Marco's has this plastic in stock.

#1204 7 years ago

Yay, just joined the club. Traded my Black Rose for a Marilyn Monroe Taxi! Always loved this game, now just gotta haul it up the stairs to the "game room".

#1205 6 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Mine is showing the jackopot value all the time. I thought it was supposed to be showing the bonus value as well some times. Mine doesn't.

If you have a Rottendog main display and only the second connector marked for Taxi is installed then it is possibly a dis 240 display. The first connector to the left needs to be populated. I think this is marked for Police force. I have just been through this with my Taxi before Pinscore got displays in stock. I have a thread on AussieArcade where I have populated a Rottendog Dis240 display and connected it to a Dis241 jackpot display. Working perfectly.
Your problem is the same as I had originally.
There is no Rottendog documentation available that I could find
Only applies with low voltage displays, no 100v, check out my thread before attempting any changes.

#1206 6 years ago

Just noticed that when the left or right flipper button is pressed during gameplay the Marilyn playfield flasher and left ramp flasher bulbs flicker, not a big deal, but does anybody know what could possibly be causing it?

#1207 6 years ago
Quoted from Vinosky:

does anybody know what could possibly be causing it?

You have to remove diodes from the aux board then put diodes on the solenoids as described in this post by kbliznick.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ww-tech-help-flippers-trigger-flashers#post-1802065

I did that and it worked.

#1208 6 years ago

Has anyone changed their flipper coils from the FL-11630 to the FL-11629? Not sure if current coils are weak in the flippers, I was told the flippers were rebuilt not too long ago, but I don't think the coils were changed. The ball sometimes doesn't make it up the left ramp so I was thinking of swapping out the old 30 coils to my new 29s I have on hand, to make it the game snappier. Any feedback with using this coil would be appreciated.

Jason

#1209 6 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I was told the flippers were rebuilt not too long ago

11630's are very sufficient on a Taxi. Check the condition of the EOS switches and cab switches too. Did they put new flipper bushings in too? a little wear in them can rob a lot of power. EOS gap is very important. I like between 1/16" and 1/8" on a system 11. I would like to see closeup pics of the rebuilt flipper mechs under the PF if you feel like taking them and posting.

As far as going to the 11629 coil here, I would avoid it until all other things are checked out.

#1210 6 years ago

Left ramp is also steeper so you have to make a solid shot in order to make it fully around. Could just be user error

#1211 6 years ago
Quoted from raysco:

If you have a Rottendog main display and only the second connector marked for Taxi is installed then it is possibly a dis 240 display. The first connector to the left needs to be populated. I think this is marked for Police force. I have just been through this with my Taxi before Pinscore got displays in stock. I have a thread on AussieArcade where I have populated a Rottendog Dis240 display and connected it to a Dis241 jackpot display. Working perfectly.
Your problem is the same as I had originally.
There is no Rottendog documentation available that I could find
Only applies with low voltage displays, no 100v, check out my thread before attempting any changes.

Oh thanks, will read through that for sure!

#1212 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Left ramp is also steeper so you have to make a solid shot in order to make it fully around. Could just be user error

I think you are right. If don't get that ramp right it bobbles a bit, goes only half way, but hitting it right it makes the loop just fine, just not nearly as fast as say the kick out at Dracula. That sends the ball flying. The gap on the EOS seems to perfect so I guess I'll keep the -30 coils in there for now. Don't want to destroy my drop targets etc.

#1213 6 years ago
Quoted from raysco:

I have a thread on AussieArcade

Would you mind posting a link?

#1214 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Marco's has this plastic in stock.

Yeah I saw the limo but the one above Lola I don't see individually so I'd have to buy a whole set which I am trying to avoid doing if possible, until down the road at least.

#1215 6 years ago

So question does this part look familiar to anyone? I am reassembling the playfield and have went through a number of my tear down photos and researching images given to me and online and I do not for the life of me find this anywhere. It has been a couple years since the tear down but I had everything together when I got back to it. I am just wondering if this is either something that got mixed in by accident or I just failed to photo this item.

14937419822111248108628 (resized).jpg14937419822111248108628 (resized).jpg

14937420216661597381055 (resized).jpg14937420216661597381055 (resized).jpg

#1216 6 years ago
Quoted from UNCCShannon:

Yeah I saw the limo but the one above Lola I don't see individually so I'd have to buy a whole set which I am trying to avoid doing if possible, until down the road at least.

Check with Classicrcades on the Lites "Carry Passengers" plastic. They typically have them on Ebay, but it doesn't appear they have one listed right now, but they may have them in stock anyways. I emailed them through one of there Ebay listings months ago and they had one..

#1217 6 years ago

I'm looking to rejoin the club

#1218 6 years ago

Rubber help needed!

Repopulating my taxi and I'm having trouble finding a place for all the rubber rings and sleeves. Any help much appreciated - here are the current mysteries:

Where do the 4 tapered yellow bumpers go?
Where does the 3/4" ring go?
Where does the 1-1/4" ring go?
Which post does the 1-1/16" post sleeve go on?

#1219 6 years ago

Tall metal post placement help needed

Anybody map out the placement of the tall posts? I can muddle through i'm sure but if anybody has the info handy, please help. I failed to get measured shots - most of mine are from above so it's difficult to see length in relation to other posts.

#1220 6 years ago

Lane guide riser?

My taxi didn't have this when i tore it down, but i've seen this in a few teardowns and on the beautiful restore below. For those who have this setup - what length of hex spacers are you using?

4cd9e081be1b24742c10ae12714a41ecfc228c58-1 (resized).jpg4cd9e081be1b24742c10ae12714a41ecfc228c58-1 (resized).jpg

#1221 6 years ago

trying to put my personal touch on my rebuild with these Black and yellow wood guides. My 9 yo helped so now it's her game!

IMG_4126 (resized).JPGIMG_4126 (resized).JPG

#1222 6 years ago

Just got my Banzai run run pin up and running. I ordered a rottendog mpu board as a replacement but the pin is missing a lot of functions and sound. Going to send board back to be checked but I would like a factory board if I can get one. Anybody have a 11b mpu board they want to get rid of? I'm looking

#1223 6 years ago
Quoted from codered9394:

Anybody have a 11b mpu board they want to get rid of?

Good luck with that. I gave up searching for an 11 or 11a for my Jokerz. I bought a Rottendog and haven't had any problems. Ill keep my eyes open for an 11B for you. This addiction has me searching for parts all the time. I still would like to find original 11a for my Jokerz.

#1224 6 years ago

Does anyone make a 5'" silicon ring? Titan's biggest diameter ring is 4.5". Can I substitute the 4.5" ring?

#1225 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Does anyone make a 5'" silicon ring? Titan's biggest diameter ring is 4.5". Can I substitute the 4.5" ring?

I'm using the 4.5" one and it's just fine.

#1226 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

trying to put my personal touch on my rebuild with these Black and yellow wood guides. My 9 yo helped so now it's her game!

That is a great idea! Nice job! Did you paint all of that or is it a graphic? Either way, very creative touch.

#1227 6 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

That is a great idea! Nice job! Did you paint all of that or is it a graphic? Either way, very creative touch.

thanks Jetmechinnc!
painted it + glossy varathan. We also did the backboard (even if we can only see a small part of it when populated). I'm Still waiting for some chrome parts to end this resto. I Will post pics with playfield done to give you a better idea.

it's not for everybody but I like it so far!

#1228 6 years ago

Restoration so far; cab is done. Proud of it.
Playfield almost there. Some pics to give an idea of the black powdercoat (legs, door, lockbar, rails, side rails). Lots of chromed parts too

IMG_4166 (resized).JPGIMG_4166 (resized).JPG

IMG_4167 (resized).JPGIMG_4167 (resized).JPG

IMG_4168 (resized).JPGIMG_4168 (resized).JPG

IMG_4169 (resized).JPGIMG_4169 (resized).JPG

#1229 6 years ago

Looks awesome. Where did you find the clear rubbers, was it a kit? looks great. Is the cabinet lined with sound proofing? I'm planing on doing the pinball prospeakers as well. Have put them in every game so far and love them.
Jason

#1230 6 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Looks awesome. Where did you find the clear rubbers, was it a kit? looks great. Is the cabinet lined with sound proofing? I'm planing on doing the pinball prospeakers as well. Have put them in every game so far and love them.
Jason

Thanks!
Yes it was a kit but I don't remember where I found them. I will let you know.
I'm planning to add lights in the slings star posts so clear rubbers are a must!

#1231 6 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Where did you find the clear rubbers?

jetmechinnc you can get clear rubbers from Titan - https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

#1232 6 years ago

Love me some Titan competition rubbers!

#1233 6 years ago

I'm changing over my games to titans every restoration. I really like them

#1234 6 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I'm changing over my games to titans every restoration. I really like them

Me too. Pricey compared to standard rubber but worth every penny IMO.

#1235 6 years ago

I can't figure out where these 3 parts go...any idea?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1236 6 years ago

right side shooter lane protector and it think those two metal bars go under the right spinout ramp.

#1238 6 years ago

Thank you for the link! I signed up on their website, now to decide, do I want to change out the rubbers I just put my taxi on Tuesday with these as well as my newly restored space shuttle or wait. I think clear will be awesome on either game, more so on my space shuttle with the LEDs that are installed.

Jason

#1239 6 years ago

Resto finally over. No credit dots but right GI and left flipper don't work. Still a lot of tuning on the bumpers too. They don't trig in switch level.

The taxi cab toy on the right ramp is a test. Looks big in pics but fits ok. I might add micro leds in it to flash with the ramp.

I'm 90% happy with this 1st resto. I Lerned so much for the next one!

Any idea what I should look for my dead flipper? Fuses are good. It worked well at first and died. I saw some sparks at the coil when I flip...
For the right GI I presume it's a short somewhere or a cold solder?

Thanks!

IMG_4177 (resized).JPGIMG_4177 (resized).JPG

IMG_4179 (resized).JPGIMG_4179 (resized).JPG

IMG_4178 (resized).JPGIMG_4178 (resized).JPG

IMG_4180 (resized).JPGIMG_4180 (resized).JPG

#1240 6 years ago

Crazy I'm noticing that your lock insert is red when I've only seen it green and your 1 and 2 arrows are green when I've only seen them red. As far as the flipper a blue arc is normal at the EOS switch. GI could be a broken wire, bad fuse or bad connector.

#1241 6 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Crazy I'm noticing that your lock insert is red when I've only seen it green and your 1 and 2 arrows are green when I've only seen them red. As far as the flipper a blue arc is normal at the EOS switch. GI could be a broken wire, bad fuse or bad connector.

Man...you're too good. I fucked my inserts by switching colors you should have seen my face when everything was done
It's now a signature.
Thanks

#1242 6 years ago

Finally finished my Taxi restoration a couple of days ago. Thanks to everybody here for advice, info, and teardown pics. Below are a few photos. More photos (before and after) here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/benhusmann/sets/72157680792993904

I love this machine!

Taxi - Spinout and rear playfield (resized).jpgTaxi - Spinout and rear playfield (resized).jpg
Drac area, restored (resized).jpgDrac area, restored (resized).jpg
Marilyn area, restored (resized).jpgMarilyn area, restored (resized).jpg
Express Lane 1 and ramp entrance, restored (resized).jpgExpress Lane 1 and ramp entrance, restored (resized).jpg

#1243 6 years ago

Very nicely done

My Taxi too has the plastic near the Taxi limo (right side over plunger lane) with all the red posts & white rubbers. I've seen a lot of Taxi's and most don't have this.

Also, I've seen some chrome rails (commingling off "Arrivals" ramp) that only have one peak in it vs 2 pictches and a flat section in middle approx 4" flat

Maybe it's because an early production. Not sure, any thoughts / feedback from other owners?

Thanks
Kerry

#1244 6 years ago

What is it with transparent rubbers? I see them more and more and don't really like them to be honest.

#1245 6 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

What is it with transparent rubbers? I see them more and more and don't really like them to be honest.

i think they are awesome !

#1246 6 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

I don't think they are right for every game, but i like them on this taxi and my shadow.

#1247 6 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Try them with starpost lights in the slings. You'll see how it makes them glow

#1248 6 years ago

How do you guys feel about using the insert decals you can get on ebay? I would like to remove the mylar that's on my pf and some of the inserts need work. Not planning on clear coating it or anything.
ebay.com link: TAXI Pinball Machine Insert Decals

#1249 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

How do you guys feel about using the insert decals you can get on ebay

I bought these and used them only on my Gorbie. They are perfect. I cant bring myself to remove the mylar

#1250 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I bought these and used them only on my Gorbie. They are perfect. I cant bring myself to remove the mylar

I need Pinbot in the center area, Marylin, and a few of the Airport ramp inserts and express lanes. I'm planning on sanding down any existing ink left on the inserts, then placing the decal over. Are they thick? Is the ink on the underside so that they don't need any more protection (like additional mylar on top)?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 3,684 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-club-members-only/page/25?hl=kvolak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.