• 1,543 posts
  • 219 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Outsidedge
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

There have been 424 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

space-station-apron-card-2 (resized).png
space-station-apron-card-1 (resized).png
taxi pic (resized).jpg
15650954122502719314881054621639 (resized).jpg
20190804_213820 (resized).jpg
0F1C4F2B-B988-469B-AC06-39C38FC0913A (resized).jpeg
FDB1D8E0-B0B9-4193-BFA2-2ABDE35F5001 (resized).jpeg
00702451-89D3-4B2F-A6CC-03B719EC293B (resized).jpeg
38B61A1A-9CD1-4B1D-8736-6FE808996525 (resized).jpeg
869B3BD3-3D06-4F6F-A8CC-6C12E208F5CB (resized).jpeg
602174D6-4F13-4508-9A93-3A34CBA962B6 (resized).jpeg
5556D0A6-7B79-467B-80C8-65EE9BC048FF (resized).jpeg
5F0A3F83-D16A-4F6F-9CC5-738B21FADCD0 (resized).jpeg
62A934FB-EF5F-433B-B655-B62F2C7E8464 (resized).jpeg
07A5F730-1520-4092-B671-056979EE3C3A (resized).jpeg
C136A24F-78F5-41D9-B187-2D61686D656B (resized).jpeg

There are 1543 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 31.
#851 3 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Can someone tell me how this works on their Taxi?
When I launch the ball, it goes through the spinout, then kicks out across the back of the playfield and into the Joyride saucer. A few times in the last few games, it has kicked out of the spinout and then hit a gate in front of the saucer, forcing the ball to drop through one of the ABC lanes. I can't tell if a switch needs fixing to make sure that gate is open, or if something that hasn't worked right before is starting to work, and the ball is supposed to be kept in the A-B-C lanes on launch.
Anyone?

There is a swinging wire to the right of the CAB lanes that allows the gate blocking the Gorbie shot to open momentarily. Otherwise it should always be closed preventing what you are describing.
Check that gate/wire?

#852 3 years ago
Quoted from EdisonArcade:

There is a swinging wire to the right of the CAB lanes that allows the gate blocking the Gorbie shot to open momentarily. Otherwise it should always be closed preventing what you are describing.
Check that gate/wire?

I just finished fixing the issue and came back to post.

The spring under the gate that blocks the saucer from the top lane was too short or too tight or something. The gate was always open. I... erm... "recalibrated" the spring, and now everything works just peachy! This is really going to help my scoring. I used to wonder how anyone ever got the jackpot cranked up to 1 million, let alone 4 million. And it was only 1 game in 10 that I'd get 2x or 3x scoring.

#853 3 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

it should always drop into the top lanes and not go into the saucer off of the plunge. The only time that gate should open is for the Gorbie shot or Jackpot.

Yep.

#854 3 years ago

Oh yeah, this is huge. Now I can lite extra ball, I can get my bonus multiplier up, and the jackpot is climbing like a crazy climbing thing!

#855 3 years ago

Just had to share the laugh...

ebay.com link » Sensation Taxi Pinball With Marilyn One Of 200 Pinballmaschine From Williams

#856 3 years ago

9 watching...

#857 3 years ago
Quoted from leesparts:

Just had to share the laugh...
ebay.com link ยป Sensation Taxi Pinball With Marilyn One Of 200 Pinballmaschine From Williams

At least the pictures are brutally honest about the condition

#858 3 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

At least the pictures are brutally honest about the condition

"Mint Condition" lmao

#859 3 years ago

I noticed my Taxi meter (back glass) shows the Jackpot value instead of the bonus value. At end of ball, there does not seem to be any end of ball bonus except my passengers.

Normal? I could not find a setting about it. Rom L3 Marilyn.

#860 3 years ago

Finally made the multi-ball Express Lanes shot 1 and 2 last night. Love the way the machine stops and puts on a little "celebratory light show" for you!

It seemed like there was a shot I was supposed to make after that?

#861 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Love the way the machine stops and puts on a little "celebratory light show" for you!

That is very satisfying!

After that all ramp shots are worth 100,000. Check out: http://pinball.org/rules/taxi.html

#862 3 years ago

Gotcha, I thought the ramps were key - thanks!!

#863 3 years ago

Finally made the multi-ball Express Lanes shot 1 and 2 last night. Love the way the machine stops and puts on a little "celebratory light show" for you!

I have a little dance for that. It's a good thing there are no 'big brother' cameras in my house. The music always ends a little more abruptly than I expect though, and almost every time I have to dive back to the machine to catch the ball before it drains off the kickout.

#864 3 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I have a little dance for that. It's a good thing there are no 'big brother' cameras in my house. The music always ends a little more abruptly than I expect though, and almost every time I have to dive back to the machine to catch the ball before it drains off the kickout.

Weirdo!!! (kidding!)

I have a "moment of zen" while playing Baywatch - just before the multiball begins, I look so cool!!! hands off machine, walking in a half circle back to position...........

-Nate

#865 3 years ago

The music when you complete that is fantastic.

#866 3 years ago

sanity check please - do any of the Taxi pop bumper coils use a diode? It's amazing how much time/effort I've put into realizing that I've overlooked this. Wow - I recently built a rotisserie and pulled the playfield to troubleshoot this more in-depth.

My lower pop coil has a diode. It has never fired during the coil test, but fires correctly about 70% of the time during game play.
Could an unnecessary diode cause this behavior?

#867 3 years ago

All three of my pops have diodes, resistors and capacitors.

#868 3 years ago

On the coil? No....

#869 3 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

All three of my pops have diodes, resistors and capacitors.

My bad. I meant on the switch stack, not the coil.

#870 3 years ago

Can someone here show/explain how and where the limo plastic over the shooter lane is attached? It appears to be riveted, but that's all I can figure out from pictures.

#871 3 years ago

Vanapult, hope this helps.

image_(resized).jpg

#872 3 years ago

I'm looking for one of those taxi plastics if any body wants to sell one. Good luck to me

#873 3 years ago
Quoted from Vanapult:

Can someone here show/explain how and where the limo plastic over the shooter lane is attached? It appears to be riveted, but that's all I can figure out from pictures.

Two machine screws. The habitrail has threads cut in it for the screws.

#874 3 years ago
Quoted from squad8:

Vanapult, hope this helps.

Thanks squad8, that does help! I now see that I'm missing the metal tabs that are riveted to the plastic. Source for those? If not I'll probably just make some from sheet metal.

Quoted from codered9394:

I'm looking for one of those taxi plastics if any body wants to sell one. Good luck to me

I have an extra repro of this plastic. PM me for a quote!

I also have one each of almost all of the plastics for sale. They are used and in varying condition, but all are usable. I do not have the right sling plastic. If anyone is looking for something specific, PM me.

Quoted from Alan_L:

Two machine screws. The habitrail has threads cut in it for the screws.

My habitrail does not have threads for this. In the picture above, it appears to be attached to the spinout post and side rail. Perhaps this is not original?

#875 3 years ago

Also, my repro of the "lites carry passengers" plastic does not have holes cut for the 6 red mini-posts I see in the above picture and in others. Game did not come with this plastic so I can't compare to original. Worth drilling and adding these? This will be a location game, so anything I can do to reduce stucky balls is important.

#876 3 years ago

My Lola Taxi is mounted differently and only has one of those posts. I wonder when they made the change?

IMG_7407_(resized).JPG

#877 3 years ago

Just played a Lola Taxi on location for the first time in my life. Was interesting to compare to my very nice Marilyn.

One very odd thing it noticed - Lola would say in a sexy voice - "You're a good driver". My Marilyn doesn't say this! Is this specific to Lola- or do I possibly have an older ROM? Or perhaps a switch out that activates that speech?

Thanks for any help.

#878 3 years ago

I've never heard that call out, mine was originally Lola.. are there updated sound roms?

#879 3 years ago

Can we get a poll here for LOLA and Marilyn's? that people own?

#880 3 years ago

The game I played was at Pinballz in Austin Texas. Maybe one of you texans can confirm I am not crazy.

#881 3 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

One very odd thing it noticed - Lola would say in a sexy voice - "You're a good driver". .

I've never heard this (Marilyn) but now I want to!

#882 3 years ago

Mine was a Lola, but since the restore (CPR playfield, back glass and new Roms) it's now a Marylin.

#883 3 years ago
Quoted from Vanapult:

I have an extra repro of this plastic. PM me for a quote!
I also have one each of almost all of the plastics for sale. They are used and in varying condition, but all are usable. I do not have the right sling plastic. If anyone is looking for something specific, PM me.

Pm sent

#884 3 years ago
Quoted from BriPin:

My Lola Taxi is mounted differently and only has one of those posts. I wonder when they made the change?

IMG_7407_(resized).JPG

Mine is attached the same.

#885 3 years ago

Going to ask again. I don't get a meter bonus on my taxi. I don't see the meter bonus going up as I play. Only thing the backboard displays is the jackpot. What is wrong?

#886 3 years ago

I have to admit, I think mine is the same mate. Interested to hear others views

#887 3 years ago

Mine is an original early run (near mint condition ) Marilyn - I've never heard that call out.

#888 3 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Anyone selling Taxi drop target decals? Classic Arcades doesn't have.
Serial number: 162689, domestic.

I just got some from Marco. Quality was ok.

#889 3 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Just played a Lola Taxi on location for the first time in my life. Was interesting to compare to my very nice Marilyn.
One very odd thing it noticed - Lola would say in a sexy voice - "You're a good driver". My Marilyn doesn't say this! Is this specific to Lola- or do I possibly have an older ROM? Or perhaps a switch out that activates that speech?
Thanks for any help.

Mine is an original Lola, I have never heard that callout either.
SN 162851

#890 3 years ago
Quoted from surfsled:

Can we get a poll here for LOLA and Marilyn's? that people own?

I just started a Taxi registry thread. Please post your info so we gather some solid data on the Marilyn vs Lola question.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-serial-number-registry#post-3057696

#891 3 years ago

I know that a Taxi shooter spring should be stronger than normal, but is it supposed to be a green or red spring, or another color?

#892 3 years ago

Red spring Alan.

My taxi plastic also mounts like BriPin's.

#893 3 years ago

My taxi plastic also mounts like BriPin's.

Mine is the same also

#894 3 years ago

Regretting a Taxi purchase I made last week. Cabinet OK, I'd say 7 out of 10. Playfield is a solid 5, no hopes of making it better. I'm in so cal orange County area. Some one abused this pin and pulled the pop bumpers and flippers. Was considering a fix up, but after staring at this playfield all weekend, I'm done.
Anyone interested in project taxi in my neighborhood? Going to put on Craigslist tomorrow if I don't hear from anybody. If that fails after a week, I'll be parting this out.
Needs::All below, no shortcuts
3 pop bumper assemblies
2 flipper assemblies
Ramps aren't bad, not good either
Slingshot plastics, center field triangle plastic
Translight has at least 50% fade, Lola
Needs Taxi topper decal
Coin door lock and coin mechs, head lock
Good shop job, and bulbs everywhere, rubbers
Shooter rod and springs
Legs, glass, lock down bar
Needs a display but the 7 digit display on swing door is there.
Hard to tell, never seen this game before, but under playfield appears to be all there other than what's stated above.
Boards are all there, all connections at boards look good, no burn. I am hot plugging this in to test. As is machine. I see dangling molexs everywhere and I don't have manual, ipdb has it, but not full page schematics. I also see some missing fuses. There is one connection molex coming of of aux power that appears to been broken when head was locked in up position.
PM me with reasonable offer. I can part this out for at least $900 in parts.
I'm sure I'm missing something or a little part here and there.
Thanks for reading.
Eric

#895 3 years ago

Hi Eric. I'm from the UK so unfortunately can't buy but more to say, that's really not too much work for someone with the skills and knowledge. I'd certainly be looking to repair.
Taxi is a fairly rare beast over here and it would be a travesty to part it out with so little needing to be done. Pop bumper and flipper parts are generally going to be rebuilt as a matter of course anyway so that leaves display as the big expenditure. I'd bet you could beg, borrow or steal the other parts off here.

Good luck whatever you decide
Gaz

#896 3 years ago

Hello Eric,
If you decide to part out give me first option on the mpu and auxiliary driver board. If the price is right I may take all the boards, including the drop target opto boards aswell

#897 3 years ago

Hate parts out, but:

If you do I'll take the lamp board behind the backglass.

#898 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Regretting a Taxi purchase I made last week. Cabinet OK, I'd say 7 out of 10. Playfield is a solid 5, no hopes of making it better. I'm in so cal orange County area. Some one abused this pin and pulled the pop bumpers and flippers. Was considering a fix up, but after staring at this playfield all weekend, I'm done.
Anyone interested in project taxi in my neighborhood? Going to put on Craigslist tomorrow if I don't hear from anybody. If that fails after a week, I'll be parting this out.
Needs::All below, no shortcuts
3 pop bumper assemblies
2 flipper assemblies
Ramps aren't bad, not good either
Slingshot plastics, center field triangle plastic
Translight has at least 50% fade, Lola
Needs Taxi topper decal
Coin door lock and coin mechs, head lock
Good shop job, and bulbs everywhere, rubbers
Shooter rod and springs
Legs, glass, lock down bar
Needs a display but the 7 digit display on swing door is there.
Hard to tell, never seen this game before, but under playfield appears to be all there other than what's stated above.
Boards are all there, all connections at boards look good, no burn. I am hot plugging this in to test. As is machine. I see dangling molexs everywhere and I don't have manual, ipdb has it, but not full page schematics. I also see some missing fuses. There is one connection molex coming of of aux power that appears to been broken when head was locked in up position.
PM me with reasonable offer. I can part this out for at least $900 in parts.
I'm sure I'm missing something or a little part here and there.
Thanks for reading.
Eric

Don't part the game out.

#900 3 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Hi Eric. I'm from the UK so unfortunately can't buy but more to say, that's really not too much work for someone with the skills and knowledge. I'd certainly be looking to repair.

Gaz- Feeling a little dumb for this purchase. Looked ok in person, but playfield really not worth my time and effort. I would spend 500-600 getting game up and running, and always have this worn, mylar pulled paint playfield. If there was a layover available, like addams mansion and others I see, i might. Jokerz has a complete playfield sticker. No taxi available. Not about skills, its why I got it, not afraid to rebuild it. Just not worth time in the end.

Quoted from Blackbeard:

Hate parts out, but:

Blackbeard- Do you mean the white swing door? or the lamp board behind speaker panal?

There are no displays, large or 7 digit.

Complete part out. Taking requests. Pm me please. Will post pictures on next page.

Quoted from Hougie:

Don't part the game out.

Quoted from codered9394:

Hello Eric,
If you decide to part out give me first option on the mpu and auxiliary driver board. If the price is right I may take all the boards, including the drop target opto boards aswell

Codered- Im open to that, Pm me if you want me to send pictures.

Eric

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
2,650 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Annapolis, MD
2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 67.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
There are 1543 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 31.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside