• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20161222_205825869 (resized).jpg
IMG_20161222_205807914 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I hadn't played my Taxi in a while so I played a few on it yesterday. The last time I played it, a few months ago, the jackpot meter display worked and yesterday it didn't. I took a look at it and it appears the only thing going to the display is one ribbon cable. I reset the both ends of the ribbon cable, but nothing.

Can anyone tell me what to look at next? I'm not sure maybe if the display gave up the ghost, but would like to verify that before buying a replacement.

#2 7 years ago

bump bump bump

#3 7 years ago

You could try plugging it into one of your other games that uses the same display and see if works there.

#4 7 years ago

It's the small display at the bottom right of the backglass. I think it might be unique to Taxi; I don't have any other games that run that display.

#5 7 years ago

Police Force is the only other pin that uses that display.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

Police Force is the only other pin that uses that display.

great, I doubt I will be able to find a Police Force to try my display on. Does anyone know how to test the display or do any troubleshooting on this problem?

#8 7 years ago
Thanks for the link, I will check it out when I get some time.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

great, I doubt I will be able to find a Police Force to try my display on. Does anyone know how to test the display or do any troubleshooting on this problem?

The jackpot display on Police Force and Taxi doesn't care what game it comes from, only the main display is unique.

You will need a Williams 7 digit A/N - I bought one off ebay for $34 that originally came out of a Road Kings and it works fine. Just swap one in from your other game and be careful removing it as those plastic tabs holding it in place love to snap off

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

The jackpot display on Police Force and Taxi doesn't care what game it comes from, only the main display is unique.
You will need a Williams 7 digit A/N - I bought one off ebay for $34 that originally came out of a Road Kings and it works fine. Just swap one in from your other game and be careful removing it as those plastic tabs holding it in place love to snap off

I do have a Road Kings, are you saying I can swap one of the player score displays in on the Taxi jackpot and it will work? If so that would be easy!

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I do have a Road Kings, are you saying I can swap one of the player score displays in on the Taxi jackpot and it will work? If so that would be easy!

Yes. Swap them out. Obviously if your known good display doesn't work then we have a different issue but you can test the display easily

#12 7 years ago

Yeah, that jackpot display is used in a ton of games.

#13 7 years ago

I did as you guys suggested and pulled the display out of Taxi and put in Road Kings, sure enough it didn't work. I got to looking and this display is not A/N, it only displays numbers, I guess since it doesn't need to display any letters. The one thing I did notice is that the display out of Taxi has black paint around the perimeter of the display and the RK display doesn't, but they have the same part #. I'm not sure if I need to find with the black perimeter or not?

IMG_20161222_205807914 (resized).jpgIMG_20161222_205807914 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161222_205825869 (resized).jpgIMG_20161222_205825869 (resized).jpg

#14 7 years ago

I think the top two displays on RK are A/N and the bottom two are numeric only. The black around the display is just a shield to block light around the edges of your display against the backglass.

#15 7 years ago

The black perimeter is just a cosmetic thing. They look better with it on.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from theGiven:

I think the top two displays on RK are A/N and the bottom two are numeric only. The black around the display is just a shield to block light around the edges of your display against the backglass.

That is correct!

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from loneranger:

The black perimeter is just a cosmetic thing. They look better with it on.

Ok, I'll try and find one with the black perimeter on it. Are they called something other than "7 digit display?" I searched in the parts for sale section here and didn't come up with anything. Is there a good place to buy used ones? I was going to try ebay next.

#18 7 years ago

7 digit numeric and should have part number 5762-10933-00 on the back. It seems to be hit or miss if they have the black shield or not, so make sure you see a picture of the actual item you are getting.

#19 7 years ago

I apologize for misleading you about the displays, I was told that earlier when I needed a display for my Taxi

#20 7 years ago

I have a working single display from my Police Force that i changed to a new Pinscore set. It is working fine my problem was with the big display. If you are interested in $30 shipped let me know.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from indy5mike:

I have a working single display from my Police Force that i changed to a new Pinscore set. It is working fine my problem was with the big display. If you are interested in $30 shipped let me know.

I'm interested!! Does it have the black perimeter?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 109.00
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Hardware
Tucson Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-bonus-display-quit-working?hl=agentx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.