(Topic ID: 84376)

Taxi backbox #89 bulbs--what are they for?

By Piparoo

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Piparoo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988
#1 10 years ago

Okay--sorry for the silly question but I have a new Taxi in the house that I'm having a lot of fun with. One thing though, there are a bunch of #89 bulbs in the backbox and yet I've never seen them illuminate. I've replaced the bulbs and still no luck. When do these bulbs normally illuminate--attract mode? skill shot?

#2 10 years ago

Go into flasher test and see if they work

#3 10 years ago

I think mine blink when that character is set to be hit. i.e. If Marilyn and Pinbot are flashing on the playfield so are they on the back box to let you know whom to go after.

#4 10 years ago

#89 bulbs are bayonet flashers. There should be at least 6 in the backbox. One for the jackpot and one for each of the 5 characters. The flasher on the backbox will flash at the same time as the character flasher under the playfield.

1 week later
#5 10 years ago

Yep, and those both flash as the character speaks. Yo Taxi!

#6 10 years ago

Thankfully, this one was a pretty easy fix. One of the connectors got loose and so the flashers weren't doing their thing. Now if I could just figure out how to properly adjust the bell...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 109.00
$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-backbox-89-bulbs-what-are-they-for and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.