E58659BF-045A-48E9-BBF5-194676AEC508 (resized).jpeg
00F2B4D1-26AB-4356-B1B7-FF3FEBB4655B (resized).jpeg
B0CF76D3-8775-4A8F-876E-D29C9F3C7F3B (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
hep_taxi (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
There are 599 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 12.
#501 6 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Amazing resto! I’m 95% complete on my Taxi resto as well, down to the fine tuning stage. Any chance you can take some photos of the Drac Catapult wire ramp from various angles? Mine appears to have bent and isn’t working properly

Yes I can do that. This one is working great which was a welcome surprise.

#502 6 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

. No shortage of good or unique candidates here.

You could do my EBD next????????

#503 6 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

You could do my EBD next????????

Send it on down

#504 6 years ago

If money wasn't an issue right now, it'd be on it's way. No one I'd rather have do it. Well, I suppose BK is an option, and he is awfully close. GREAT job on the TAXI as always. Just LOVE your work..........

#505 6 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

If money wasn't an issue right now, it'd be on it's way. No one I'd rather have do it. Well, I suppose BK is an option, and he is awfully close. GREAT job on the TAXI as always. Just LOVE your work..........

Yes I was just joking but honestly EBD is a game I am looking to do again soon.
I have one to convert from the LE version. Looks pretty straight forward once you get past the head.
Never seen a BK stenciled cabinet though.

#506 6 years ago

Would love to see radical!

#507 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Would love to see radical!

Should probably throw Dr Who and Pinball Magic in the mix too.
Both will be HEP first.

#508 6 years ago

Should probably throw Dr Who and Pinball Magic in the mix too.
Both will be HEP first.

ooooh! I would love to have you do my Pinball Magic. I even have the NOS PF already. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Chris

#509 6 years ago

Did you say you have FirePower?

#510 6 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Did you say you have FirePower?

Yes I am doing one of those now as well but it will probably be pretty boring compared to Beatmasters custom one.
The owner is looking for nostalgia so it will be in the factory scheme and trim.
Not that there is anything wrong with that.
I always like to do the factory versions Justice first when given a chance.

8D109145-9BC8-4953-A325-D9031B353185 (resized).jpeg8D109145-9BC8-4953-A325-D9031B353185 (resized).jpeg

#511 6 years ago

HEP:

Quick question regarding flipper hop and your sanding remedy: Did you also have to add new screw holes for the flipper base plate in adjusting things? My taxi has the predrilled base plate holes from factory, and I'd think by me just sanding the flipper bat hole wouldn't do the whole job, as the mech would still be in place due to the base plate holes. Wouldn't I need to readjust the base plate screw holes too?

Hopefully my explanation makes sense.

#512 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

HEP:
Quick question regarding flipper hop and your sanding remedy: Did you also have to add new screw holes for the flipper base plate in adjusting things? My taxi has the predrilled base plate holes from factory, and I'd think by me just sanding the flipper bat hole wouldn't do the whole job, as the mech would still be in place due to the base plate holes. Wouldn't I need to readjust the base plate screw holes too?

Yeah, you would certainly need new screw holes. You could either fill the existing and re-do, or slightly turn the mounting of the mech (if there's room) to get fresh wood to mount into.

#513 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

HEP:

This is why I only install 1 or 2 of the base plate screws when initially placing the mech.
I think it was covered a page or two back.
Once I get the mech placed to suit I then install all of them so there are just a possible 1 or 2 holes that were off and they are normally covered.
If you put them all in at once then it can be tough to make minor changes only major ones or the screws fall back into the original spots.

#514 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

HEP:

Thanks for asking that question. I have some nasty hop on the right flipper of my TWD that I've been fighting with and getting nowhere.

#515 6 years ago

Thanks for the replies.'

The hop is real. It totally screws up gameplay in my opinion with control, etc.

I'm wondering if somehow enlarging the baseplate holes on the baseplate itself would allow for enough movement of the mech, in addition to sanding the flipper bat hole as well.

EDIT: I actually think EPTHEGEEK's idea would work. Just spin the baseplate a bit and drill new holes. I guess being an old playfield, who cares if there are old unused screw holes in that area.

EDIT2: or I could just leave it all alone and play it as is, and deal/accept the hop.

#516 6 years ago

I've had success with this option to get a tiny bit of needed movement in a flipper assembly, and leaving the PF holes alone. It's good to have options.

I'm super happy to have picked up the idea in this thread to move the actual flipper hole in a direction ever so slightly with sandpaper and dowel -- like many things -- that never had occurred to me as an option.

-mof

#517 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

HEP:

you could use sawdust/woodglue or sawdust/epoxy or plastiwood, fill the holes, and perform the sequence HEP used with only a few holes first.

#518 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

you could use sawdust/woodglue or sawdust/epoxy or plastiwood, fill the holes, and perform the sequence HEP used with only a few holes first.

oh, I know. Just dont' know if it's necessary, cosmetically. No one sees the holes.

#519 6 years ago

Yes I can do that. This one is working great which was a welcome surprise.

Much appreciated. Also any visual description would be handy. I’m trying to figure out if it’s totally straight, and if not how big and where the bends are.

Thanks in advance.

#520 6 years ago

High_End_Pins I noticed that you adjusted a lot of things based on the proto playfield. Could some of the things on the CPR playfield be off compared to the proto since it is a proto?
Or is this something that you have to do all the time.

#521 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

oh, I know. Just dont' know if it's necessary, cosmetically. No one sees the holes.

Don't think it's for cosmetic reasons. If you don't fill the holes first and try to move the bracket (screws) by half a screw width for example, screws would go back into original positions.

#522 6 years ago

Why not elongate the bracket mounting holes to adjust instead of redrilling the pf?

#523 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Why not elongate the bracket mounting holes to adjust instead of redrilling the pf?

The bracket would definitely walk over time due to the force of a coil firing thousands of times.

#524 6 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

There is not really enough room to be gained doing that.
Slotting the brackets would require elongating 8 holes in metal and there is just maybe an 1/8 inch before you run out of material and ruin the bracket.
Focusing on the flipper bushing hole is better because you only have to focus on 1 hole in wood and through sanding which is easier to fine tune.

#525 6 years ago

I've said it before and I'll say it again, your threads are nothing short of inspiring for me. Seeing all the tweaks and little adjustments you make is helping me improve my own techniques. I wish I had the expendable income to invest in all the tools you have. Some day...ahh.

#526 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Have you ever been diagnosed with OCD? I mean that as a compliment

I believe the wire rack iced this diagnosis.

#527 6 years ago

Do you build your own cabinets? Or do you have someone make them? Getting a taxi but cabinet looks rough, thought about a project of either building/buying a cab then transferring. Not a whole rebuild. Yours is awesome though I would love to come see your shop.

#528 6 years ago

Going to finish this Taxi thread up in a couple days working on a special apron for it.
Until then I am in cabinet painting hell.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#529 6 years ago

What is the white residue pictured in the cleared pf shooter lane? Can this be cleaned up? I have a similar issue...

#530 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

What is the white residue pictured in the cleared pf shooter lane? Can this be cleaned up? I have a similar issue...

During the various process pictures posted it could be rough grain, sanding dust or polishing compound.
It is not present now that the process is complete and the lane is smooth but in general it is where wood is rougher from the plys being cut into during the lane creation or refining and something like dust dirt or compound settling into that roughness.

#531 6 years ago

Working on the apron.

#532 6 years ago

Love it!

#533 6 years ago

Thanks. Jeff Miller/Pinball Pimp worked with me on making some stencils.
It is a work in progress in terms of color choices.
My goal is to stick close enough to the original color scheme that I do not have to do the shooter gauge/cover.
Reason being I have a spare apron that I am painting and I have fully restored the original as well so I would like them to remain interchangeable without the need to change the cover.

#534 6 years ago

Thanks. Jeff Miller/Pinball Pimp worked with me on making some stencils.
It is a work in progress in terms of color choices.
My goal is to stick close enough to the original color scheme that I do not have to do the shooter gauge/cover.
Reason being I have a spare apron that I am painting and I have fully restored the original as well do I would like them to remain interchangeable.

A unique one-of-a-kind

#535 6 years ago

Looks cool! I'm a little surprised you didn't go with a checker pattern for the stripes tho!

#536 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Looks cool! I'm a little surprised you didn't go with a checker pattern for the stripes tho!

Thanks it is based on the cabinet art stripes on the cab.

A2764A74-1B4E-407E-913F-E69B79EC0968 (resized).jpegA2764A74-1B4E-407E-913F-E69B79EC0968 (resized).jpeg

#537 6 years ago

Ah ha!

#538 6 years ago

I'd love to see an overhead view of your shop layout. I'm in the early stages of designing mine and emulating yours seems like a no-brainer.

#539 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I'd love to see an overhead view of your shop layout. I'm in the early stages of designing mine and emulating yours seems like a no-brainer.

I highly recommend this thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moving-day-at-hep

#540 6 years ago

Final tweaks and clear on the apron.

#541 6 years ago

Hoping you give us a couple posts on the spin out ramp. So difficult to adjust. Also could you snap a photo of the correct switch in the spin out bowl? It's not in the manual. I think I have the wrong switch and it is cutting into the number of revolutions I can get.

EDIT: I love the apron. I bet if you produced 20 of them you could sell them in a snap.

#542 6 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I love the apron. I bet if you produced 20 of them you could sell them in a snap

I would buy one! Or send you mine for you to do it to

#543 6 years ago

Quick question, what kind of paper do you use to rewrap the coils with new label? Is it a special paper, or any regular paper will do? Just trying to print some of my own. Thanks.

#544 6 years ago

HEP, I have to ask. After all the Amazing works of art you created do you step back when done and say "Hot Dam that turned out amazing" or has it grown to be a next job kind of event for you? Speaking for myself I look at your Incredible perfection and its on such an elevated level one can only say wow and stare at it for hours on end. While I Will be getting one of your masterpieces I wonder if I'll fear playing it as its almost to perfect. Heck no, I would play the balls out of it! lol

#545 6 years ago
Quoted from s2k4ary:

Quick question, what kind of paper do you use to rewrap the coils with new label? Is it a special paper, or any regular paper will do? Just trying to print some of my own. Thanks.

I buy those from PPS and they are not really sticky enough honestly so I have to add a little adhesive and try to save the original wrapping to apply the PPS wrapper to for the best outcome.

#546 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

HEP, I have to ask. After all the Amazing works of art you created do you step back when done and say "Hot Dam that turned out amazing" or has it grown to be a next job kind of event for you? Speaking for myself I look at your Incredible perfection and its on such an elevated level one can only say wow and stare at it for hours on end. While I Will be getting one of your masterpieces I wonder if I'll fear playing it as its almost to perfect. Heck no, I would play the balls out of it! lol

I do have a sense of pride in the games when done. Some really stand out to me at times when a certain scheme or vision comes together exceptionally well but the quality itself is always the same.

These games are absolutely built to be played and enjoyed. That is the most important thing.

#547 6 years ago

These games are absolutely built to be played and enjoyed. That is the most important thing.

It would be a shame to not enjoy a HEP machine. It would be like having a nice car and leaving it parked in the garage!

#548 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It would be a shame to not enjoy a HEP machine. It would be like having a nice car and leaving it parked in the garage!

Good point but bad example lol. How many collector cars get trailer queen transport to a car show to avoid miles and get more wax then seat time! I have one in the garage to back that. I so hope to enjoy the HEP experience some day just Wow in my opinion amazing. Incredible to see creative passion shared at such a high level. Priceless.

#549 6 years ago

Apron sanded then polished.

#550 6 years ago

Apron and shooter cover are then placed.
Now I can install the shooter rod and check the function of it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.00
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 599 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taxi-2018-hep/page/11?hl=balaraform and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.