Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 97 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Taxman
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

led strips (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 4 years ago

I have done it about every way possible. I studied accounting in college but got a degree in business instead because I really didn't like accounting all that much. Did my own for years, then started with a great CPA for a few years. After we moved to Central PA I started using H&R Block just because for $30 I can get their "piece of mind guarantee". I figure if I get audited I'll let them explain some of the shit they did instead of me having to deal with it.

H&R isn't the cheapest way out and like stated above "they really don't know anything more than what the computer tells them" but at least I am not spending a half a day dealing with it. Spend 45 minutes in their office & it is done instead of spending 1/2 a day doing it myself.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Orko:

As an FYI, I got audited and there peace of mind guarantee didn’t cover it for some technicality. I’m glad I keep notes on everything and save everything. But that’s why I don’t use them anymore.

I do keep notes & great records also. I know all the info I am giving them is good but some of the ways they save me money kind of worries me at times. Since I have always had a couple businesses I typically have tons of write-offs and they are normally my biggest concern. A couple years ago when I bought my latest new van there was some type of "special" write-off they used that saved me several thousand dollars. That is the type of stuff you might miss doing taxes yourself! Typically they save me more than they cost me in fees.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from VALIS666:

H&R Block are to real CPAs as walk-in clinics are to doctors offices. If you have a real simple medical concern/tax situation, you can get away with the Doc/CPA-in-a-box. Otherwise, go to an experienced professional. I've been using a CPA for over 20 years, but one year was in the middle of a move and didn't have a CPA yet and went to H&R Block, night and day difference. They're pretty much just filling in TurboTax for you.

Great way to "sum it up". If you don't know tax code fairly well and have anything complicated a CPA is the way to go for sure. Typically when I go into H&R I know more about the tax stuff then they do. But they do know the latest "hidden little stuff" because it is in their computer program and I love that part of what they do for me.

I think who you use should be based more on your needs than anything else.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tax-returns-2020?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.