You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

caddyshack01.jpg
images.jpg
Quorra.jpeg
#1 12 years ago

Hey Tat since your one of the few I know has both if you were going to keep one what would you keep? I know Tron LE has all the bells n whistles but to me I feel it just does not play as well as IM.

Whats your opinion on the 2??? Ive got a hard decision to make tonite & would appreciate your input on each pin.

#2 12 years ago

Ummm, I think you got your PM confused with the forums there- webhead!
I can answer that question though- and I'll bet you will know what I will say!!!

LOTR!!!!! (Haha, Gotcha! )

Quorra.jpegQuorra.jpeg
(Quorra-)
"Don't you like me, Smassa???"

#3 12 years ago

Oh look. My desktop wallpaper!

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Ummm, I think you got your PM confused with the forums there- webhead!
I can answer that question though- and I'll bet you will know what I will say!!!

LOTR!!!!! (Haha, Gotcha! )

LOL....I guess it probably would have been a better PM but it never hurt to hear from others that maybe have both also I guess I should have put that in the thread too....As to your question I sure do like you but I may like something else more.....(=

#5 12 years ago

I like them both a lot. Both fast flow,sound. I am playing TRON more because it is newer. I think I like TRON a little more. Would not sell either one.

#6 12 years ago

Guess it didnt like my Pic (=

#7 12 years ago

You have both TRON and IM what are you trying to do?

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I like them both a lot. Both fast flow,sound. I am playing TRON more because it is newer. I think I like TRON a little more. Would not sell either one.

Ya i understand the "new kid on the block" status of Tron & i'd really like to keep both but you just dont get a chance to pull the trigger on MM everyday & space & $$$ dictates that keeping both is out of the question.

Plus the fact that im still waiting to play a fully functioning Tron LE makes it even harder to make a fair judgement but from what Ive seen the only thing Tron has on IM is the LE package & light tubes. Would have been interesting to see what a IM LE could have looked like with a few extra toys.

Oh well I think its gonna be a long night.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

You have both TRON and IM what are you trying to do?

Clear space & raise some dough to pick up a MM

#10 12 years ago

I assume you consider all your other pins to be keepers then?

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Clear space & raise some dough to pick up a MM

Well it's easy then!!! (For me at least!)
Ditch NGG and CV!
Hellooooo, MM!
And later...
Hellooooo, WOZ!

What is it with these MM's just poppin' up all of a sudden!
Don't tell me the Pinball Factory actually made good on it's promises!?!?

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Well it's easy then!!! (For me at least!)
Ditch NGG and CV!

I was going to say ditch TOM, but I suppose your approach works too.

#13 12 years ago

I'm with nimblepin get rid of NGG and TOM not CV. I like CV. IM and TRON are keepers.

#14 12 years ago

Tron is a way better game IMO.
You could sell IM.

NGG have a bad theme but so much fun, keep it!! TOM is good. I'm not impressed by CV and you could have a lot of $$ for it.

#15 12 years ago

Tough decision,buy a Murphy Bed and rob a rich panhandler.Sorry,not real helpful-I'm just sayin.

images.jpgimages.jpg

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I was going to say ditch TOM,

I like TOM a Nanometer more than CV...
That is it. So it won.
I actually would have kept the TZ and ditched the TOM for the second time!
( Sorry to "rummage around" in your previous section smassa!)
But it's YOUR collection after all! Do what you want!
I will be shutting up now...

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

( Sorry to "rummage around" in your previous section smassa!)
But it's YOUR collection after all! Do what you want!
I will be shutting up now...

LOL no need to shut up I appreciate all the different input....The TZ I sold over 5 years ago....CV is a keeper & my NGG is a prototype (#8) made & since i'm a Golfer may wanna hold onto it for a while....As far as the others I hate to turn it into a Stern vs. Bally/Williams debate again but I think i've had my last expierence with Stern's for quite some time. Only reason Spidey is staying is cause it was a childhood obsession & it just turned out to be a great game. Plus dont feel like looking for a new avatar (thats for Nimble). And IM just plain kicks ass!!! Hard to see what some people dont like about it...Unless they only have played it on a crappy location example.

On a side note finally reached do or die multiball & its pretty cool.....Was suprised it turned out to be a timed mode. I guess the smart thing to do would be to get a lot of games on Tron but the timing of this all wont let that happen so who knows I may regret it in the long run.

Anyone have a coin handy?? lol

#18 12 years ago

Personally, even though I'm a golfer and have owned NGG, I'd ditch that one first. Not that it's a bad game, but I don't consider it to be all that great. TOM would be next. Very pretty, not very hard though. Which leads me to my next question...

How in the **** did you make it to do or die multiball? Even one of the best players in the world (Bowin) hasn't been able to do it, lol. Are your inlanes at factory? I consider that to be harder than Valinor on LOTR, I've gotten close to Valinor, but I haven't even gotten close to Do or Die multiball (two, maybe three characters is the most I've been able to get flashing). You are the only person I've ever heard of that's made it, lol.

#19 12 years ago

& since i'm a Golfer

I am a Golfer as well...
But NGG is noooo Caddyshack!
Now if your 'Proto' had Dangerfield, Murray, Chase and Morgan in it... Hell-F@<K-Yes I'd keep it!!!

But sadly, it probably does not...

So Arrivederci NGG! (At least at my house! )
Look I made you a going away C4 squirrel and rabbit!

caddyshack01.jpgcaddyshack01.jpg

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

How in the **** did you make it to do or die multiball? Even one of the best players in the world (Bowin) hasn't been able to do it, lol. Are your inlanes at factory?

No my outlanes are closed & I have it on 5 ball play (all my games are 5 ball since i'd prefer to see as much of the game as possible)....I think my new strategy is to concentrate on getting one mode blinking at a time....Exp. If you get drones completed & can collect War Machine Super once your down to 1 ball start hammering at the drones again. Monger SJ is easy as is whiplash if you can stack it with War Machine. The hardest ones for me to get are Iron Man Flashing & War Machine. The others if you stick to a plan can get done.

#21 12 years ago

First off you have a great collection. You clearly want to keep SM, IM, & NGG. I haven't played Tron so can't comment on that. I know people love all these pins so please don't take offense. On which I would sell to make room for MM out of your collection would be First TOM, Second SS, Third CV. Either way you will end up having a great collection so you have it made in the shade! Hope it all works out for you smassa. Let us know how it turns out.

#22 12 years ago

Tough choice but if the MM is nice and the price is right, then it is a no brainer to get it. MM is always going to be popular. So, I would keep CV ( on rarity alone ), same with NGG ( Prototype ). Sell IM or Tron as it will be easy to pick these up again if you want to sell MM. Main thing is to make sure MM is a nice example.

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Tough choice but if the MM is nice and the price is right, then it is a no brainer to get it. MM is always going to be popular. So, I would keep CV ( on rarity alone ), same with NGG ( Prototype ). Sell IM or Tron as it will be easy to pick these up again if you want to sell MM. Main thing is to make sure MM is a nice example.

Finding a HUO IM right now is much harder than finding a MM, and I'm guessing that in 6 months finding a Tron LE will be much harder than finding a MM. # of MM I could have bought locally in the past year...probably around 10. # of IM locally in the past year? 0

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tatmannim-or-tron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.