7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by 85vett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 22 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2145.JPG
    IMG_2144.JPG
    IMG_1764.JPG
    IMG_1740.JPG
    IMG_1747.JPG
    IMG_1437.JPG
    IMG_1752.JPG
    IMG_1683.JPG
    IMG_1364.JPG
    HS13.JPG
    HS12.JPG
    HS11.JPG
    HS10.JPG
    HS9.JPG
    HS8.JPG
    HS7.JPG

#1 7 years ago

Yesterday "tatman" and I went and picked up a High Speed from Jesse at Pincades. Its a project pin for sure. The playfield is super dirty with most of the decals damaged or gone. Very small amout of playfield wear, no broken plastics. One of the big blue inserts is warped so if any one know where we could get a replacement please contact one of us The backglass has 2 cracks in it. We are also going to give it a clear coat when its all said and done. We will keep you up to SPEED! on our progress though our first restore. Here are some pics.

HS1.JPG HS2.JPG HS3.JPG

#2 7 years ago

more pics

HS4.JPG HS5.JPG HS6.JPG

#3 7 years ago

pics

HS7.JPG HS8.JPG HS9.JPG

#4 7 years ago

pics

HS10.JPG HS11.JPG HS12.JPG

#5 7 years ago

one more

HS13.JPG

#6 7 years ago

Wow, deja vu. I was in the exact same place last year with a HS that I restored for my brother. They look great when restored. That warped insert was probably due to the flasher lamps transistor shorting on and essentially melting the insert. Mine was the same thing. I removed it and block sanded it flat again before touching up the playfield and clearcoating. Here's a little before and after for ya.

IMG_1364.JPG IMG_1683.JPG IMG_1752.JPG

#7 7 years ago

Shock_me nice job. We plan to clear coat ours what kind of clear did you use? The clear dident react to the touch up?

#8 7 years ago

Damn I really need you in Kamloops haha....looks gorgeous shock

You can restore my Skateball for me, it has some of the best art/color ever IMO But my cab and playfield could use some love haha...

#9 7 years ago

Thanks tatman9999.

I used Dupont 7900S Chroma Clear with 4 coats. It did not react with the touch-up paints which were just those cheap Folk Art acrylic paints that I picked up at Wal Mart. This was the only clear I could find because here in Canada we have gone over to strictly water based paints. It is designed for cross draft booths, which I don't have of course, but it air-dried just fine. Inserts are a real problem when clearcoating High Speed playfields, so if you see any suspect inserts my advice is to remove them, clean them and re-glue before clearcoating. At the very least you should do this to the big blue inserts.

Here's another shot:

IMG_1437.JPG IMG_1747.JPG IMG_1740.JPG IMG_1764.JPG

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Damn I really need you in Kamloops haha....looks gorgeous shock

Thanks Tom!

#11 7 years ago

Given what you started with, that's one hell of an impressive looking restore, shock_me!

#12 7 years ago

WOW!! "Shock" that looks awesome!! Has anyone been brave enough to use a Treasure Cove kit on a system 11 playfield?

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinWiz17:

Has anyone been brave enough to use a Treasure Cove kit on a system 11 playfield?

Unless it was a Diamondplated System 11, I wouldn't risk it.

#14 7 years ago

Thanks guys. Your's looks to be in much better condition than mine was. I'm sure it will look just as nice when you're done with it. I hated to give it up in the end

Delivery day:

IMG_2144.JPG IMG_2145.JPG

#15 7 years ago

Congrats guys - that will be a fun project.

Shock me - wow, nice job!

#16 7 years ago

...sniff.... these pics make me miss my High Speed.

#17 7 years ago

Nice score by one and great restore by another. Congrats

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

...sniff.... these pics make me miss my High Speed.

I had a HS2, but these are my thoughts exactly. I actually just went and "spruced" it up for the new owners a few weeks ago. It ran pretty much perfectly for 2 years!!

#19 7 years ago

I love the posts like this one with the pretty pictures of before and after.
    Nice work on that High speed shock_me.

but I thought someone stole a pin by the name of this thread...The Great Pin Heist.

#20 7 years ago

Wow! Nice work on that.

#21 7 years ago

Shock me - just awesome.

Tatman and Goughs - Congrats and good luck. I've had the pleasure of seeing Tatman's collection, you guys have a good chance of hitting that bar Shock me just set.

#22 7 years ago

HS will look great when it's restored.

#23 7 years ago

good luck

#24 7 years ago

Nice Project pin Goughs417 and tatman9999, I'm sure it's going to look flawless when it's finished(keep us informed on the progress ).

shock_me that is a really nice restoration , when you applied the clear coat did you go very light for the 4 times and did you use anything special to apply it?

#25 7 years ago

That was beautiful restortation - Very Inspiring!

#26 7 years ago

Once again thanks fellas(goughs and tatman), at least a few pinsiders have been out lately.
    Now lets see that look like the CC i just sold Tatman.
    I do get project pins that i sell instead of doing my self from time to time
    With the holidays and my sale, it would have sat there till after the first of the year, let someone else enjoy it.
    Happy Holidays Everyone.
    Jesse
    Pincades

#27 7 years ago

That's an awsome restore SM! I didn't realise how similar the playfield layout is on HS and HS2!! Clearly the ball lock system is a major difference on HS2...not to mention the supercharger!! Having not played High Speed, can someone fill me in as to game play differences, or are they very similar? There's one for sale near me, so I'm wondering if it's a good game to get...?

#28 7 years ago

Forgive me if this is rude to ask but do you mind disclosing here or in private massage what you got the pin for? I'm looking for a project pin here pretty soon and HS is one I'm considering. Just trying to figure out what a good deal is on one that works but needs cosmetic work.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 109.99
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 12.95
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 21.00
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 18.95
    $ 159.00
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinbotz
    $ 199.99
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside