(Topic ID: 208560)

target motor 14-7740 (Williams 3 Coins)

By Genotyype

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I recently acquired a Williams 3 Coins that seems to be working and almost complete...except it is missing the moving target and motor in the center of the playfield. The motor is listed as 14-7740 on the schematic. Does anyone know someone that might have one available? Alternatively, since I'm still fairly new to motors, is there anyone that can get me more specifics about the motor itself? Voltage, RPM's, etc? It seems to the the same motor used on several other early 60's Williams machines that have moving targets as well. I've not had much luck beyond that. Could another motor model possibly be used instead?

#2 6 years ago

Most likely, Williams used the same moving target motor for a variety of machines during that era - such as Heat Wave and Jolly Jokers ...

There is a moving target motor for sale on Ebay right now, but it has a 14-7745 part number. Manufactured by Multi Products Co, the case showed 115 Volts; RPM 24; Spec 7745; Spec 473. I'm not sure if this motor would be a direct replacement for the 14-7740 motor, but if you can find the specs to the original target motor, they might be similar...

ebay.com link: Williams coin operated pinball machine motor 14 7745 swinging target motor

#3 6 years ago

Try asking John, at John's Jukes [Canada] if the Ebay one isnt a runner. He's a helpful chap.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/target-motor-14-7740-williams-3-coins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.