5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

901ECD98-804C-4704-A6A9-02E7BF42D554 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

Hi everyone. I have some F-14 Tomcat decal designs that I created for my game. I’m wondering if anyone has done this before and has advice.

For instance, what sort of decals should I use? Vinyl? What will take the most abuse and last the longest? I’m not terribly worried about the $ since it’s just a one-off. Thank you!

#2 5 years ago

A while back I made a bunch square bullseye vinyl stickers up from sticker mule for a mystery castle game I no longer have. I’ve been cutting them down to use on my Wh20 green stand up targets which get the living hell bashed out of them and very surprised how well they’ve held up (months now)

#3 5 years ago

This is what they look like

901ECD98-804C-4704-A6A9-02E7BF42D554 (resized).jpeg901ECD98-804C-4704-A6A9-02E7BF42D554 (resized).jpeg
#4 5 years ago

Vinyl with a laminate overlay will insure they last for a very very very long time.

#5 5 years ago

bonzo442 flashinstinct thanks guys. Sounds like vinyl is the way to go. Was the laminate overlay done after the fact by yourself? Prettt easy to purchase these supplies? Thanks again.

#6 5 years ago

You could also use Polypropylene with a laminate overlay. Whatever you do DO NOT put mylar over the vinyl. The mylar and vinyl don't have the same contraction and expansion rates so you would end up with curled, peeled, torn stickers. I deal with large scale printers for the decal sets that I produce. Not sure if local shops do this but I would assume they would. They have to print the art on the vinyl, then they have to pass the vinyl in a laminator, then they have to run it through the plotter to cut the stickers out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/target-decals-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.