3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Dono
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gtbcred1 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

My target alpha is subtracting 2 credits at random. The credit stepper is clean steps up and down normal. Checked and cleaned all switches in circuit starting with replay button and working down to start relay. It generally seems better at higher credits on the wheel like over 10 it usually just deducts 1 credit ( i thought maybe clock spring, but it seems fine) When it deducts 2 credits it is super fast and I cant mimic it by hand. Sometimes it is fine for several games then comes back. Some weird coil stop bounce thing maybe.
    Thanks

#2 3 years ago

Take a slow motion video of it doing this with your cellphone, post it to youtube, and add a link to it here.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from metalguy:

My target alpha is subtracting 2 credits at random.

I'm betting that the credit unit still needs some cleaning. It doesn't take much to affect a stepper, as I was just reminded with a Bonus unit. http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#steps

#4 3 years ago

It is not wanting to do it now of course. It did it one time yesterday and went from 10 credits to 1. That was weird. And if I do multiplayer it always deducts correctly.

#5 3 years ago

On that same site that @curriedog mentioned, there's a nice photo of a pivot that often gets gummed up and won't let it decrement cleanly. Make sure that part is able to move freely - clean with mineral spirits or alcohol until it does, then maybe a drop of light oil.

gtbcred1 (resized).jpggtbcred1 (resized).jpg
    #6 3 years ago
    Quoted from paulace:

On that same site that @curriedog mentioned, there's a nice photo of a pivot that often gets gummed up and won't let it decrement cleanly. Make sure that part is able to move freely - clean with mineral spirits or alcohol until it does, then maybe a drop of light oil.
    [quoted image]

That's great advise, referring to the shoulder bolt in the photo... often times you'll find hardened lube or other substance that requires a little bit of work, namely unscrewing the nut from the back, then gently loosening the bolt just a bit (no need to untighten too much as those bolts tend to break if worked hard) in order to work some degreaser behind the bolt, followed by a drop of fine oil... re-tighten a bit but don't over-do it. I leave shoulder bolts just a smidge loose on the frame, allowing free movement of lever arms as intended for consistent operation. Don't forget to re-attach the nut to the back of the bolt.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/target-alpha-subtracting-2-credits-instead-of-1?hl=paulace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.