• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TA player unit (resized).JPG
#1 2 years ago

Hi everyone!
I have selected 3 balls per game in my pin. In multiplayer mode working fine but in single player always give me 5 balls per game.
Before was running good but now I have this issue since 2 days ago...
Can you help me about, please?
Thanks!!

#2 2 years ago

I'd look carefully at your 3-5 ball adjust jones plug first. Makes sure all the male/female connectors are clean and the wires are soldered on solidly.

I guess it could be something like an open where the red X is in the snippet below, but simplest thing is the Jones plug.

TA player unit (resized).JPGTA player unit (resized).JPG

#3 2 years ago

Where did you “assign” the 3 ball setting? I have seen more than 1 pin have it where you had to go under the playfield and in the backbox for it to work correctly?

#4 2 years ago

If it plays 3 ball okay with > 1 player doesn't that indicate the jones plug connection is okay, since that last ball function on the schematic is determined by that single plug wire? There are probably other pins on the jones plug but they would alter certain game features only.

Either contact rivet at position 8 on the player unit (at right of the red X) could have a broken wire at the wiring lug, or is not making contact with the wiper fingers due to wear/crud on the contact, or its wiper finger is dry/dirty/sticking.

#5 2 years ago

paulace and frenchmarky thanks for your help. Everything was okay about your checks. I saw some gap incorrect in last ball relay and de rivets of credit unit was misaligned as well. After that everything working correctly again
DK in my model I have 3-5 ball adjustment under the playfield, it’s a jones connector.
Thanks again to everyone

#6 2 years ago

frenchmarky - you're right about the Jones plug connection being good if multiple player games work correctly. Thanks. When I reply to these things at 7Am, my logic is sometimes questionable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/target-alpha-set-in-3-balls-but-give-me-5-in-single-player and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.