You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170131_194527 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170131_135403 (resized).jpg
20170129_115132 (resized).jpg
32040732465_ca4a39e02c_h (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wickedbass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hello everyone,

I picked up a Target Alpha this weekend. It plays 100% or maybe 90% I consider this a keeper for me and i would like your suggestions on how to address the PF.

It has some decent wear down by the flippers and a few other minor spots. I do not have the skills to paint it myself.

What are the chances of finding a Playfield for sale? Is there a reproduction ?

I looked at sites like HSA pinball, but seems like i would end up paying between 600-800 to have the work done. Would i be better off waiting to find another TA in better shape?

Or i could just play it as is

Thanks,
I can get some pictures up, but i think you can see a bit in this photo:

32040732465_ca4a39e02c_h (resized).jpg32040732465_ca4a39e02c_h (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

Thanks, looks like i will take that advice and just clean/wax the best i can and enjoy it!

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from singlezero:

cant really , see how bad the wear is on the playfield but by the looks of it just around the double bonus? perhaps .. finding someone who could touch up that ..pf might be an option.
i have my TA currently stripped and cleaned and .. wanting to get to touch ups in the next week or two.
btw what is that arcade game you have to the left? i have a midway , invaders from outer space and .. love the art work on it . yours looks cool too.
and fyi there are repro backglasses done for this machine should you want one. yours doesnt look bad, but there is a bit of fade on the wording. hard to see with one image.

Ill post some better pics. I plan on stripping it down this weekend, cleaning and then see just how bad it looks.

The game on the left is Sega Missile http://www.pinrepair.com/arcade/smisile.htm

I love it, has Nixie tubes as score displays! My father in law has the invaders, it one of my favorites great game.

2 weeks later
#13 7 years ago

I have been playing the game as is right now and have no problem hitting all the top targets. Im waiting to finish up another project before i tear into this one.

1 week later
#14 7 years ago

Wanted to update this thread:

Stripped the playfield, cleaned,buffed metal parts,polished,waxed

20170129_115132 (resized).jpg20170129_115132 (resized).jpg

Added to the line up.

IMG_20170131_135403 (resized).jpgIMG_20170131_135403 (resized).jpg

I have a local friend who is going to help me to some touch-ups and clear in the spring.

Thanks

#18 7 years ago

Luckily my 2001 pf is in much better shape.

The cabinet however is another story

20170131_194527 (resized).jpg20170131_194527 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wickedbass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/target-alpha-playfield-suggestions?tu=Wickedbass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.