(Topic ID: 122188)

Target Alpha playfield resotration - does anyone have color matches?

By bobnatlanta

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Looking for acrylic paint colors to match Target Alpha. I think I've got good leads on most colors from Clay's guides for restoring individual machines that are still on pinrepair.com. I'm still looking for a match for the purple sections. Anybody matched up this color?

#2 9 years ago

Nobody....?

#3 9 years ago

I guess that's a no, so I'll post what I used and pics of the match.

#4 9 years ago

Unfortunately, each playfield is going to be different. There is no universal match. First, there will be differences in batches of paint that were originally use. Second, there's the amount of fade and discoloration. You will have to mix paint that is appropriate for your particular shade of color on your particular playfield.

Or--get some pantone color match cards, find something that's close, and have a paint dept mix it for you.

1 week later
#5 8 years ago

I have had good luck matching colors using the spreadsheet in this link and the technique described. But you'll get best results with Creatix airbrush paints and it will only work with paint that is thin enough to drop one drop at a time. If you are using the $1 craft paints from Michaels your results likely won't be as good.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/curbfeelers-pinbot-restored#post-1506660

Good luck!
Dan

4 weeks later
#6 8 years ago

Bumping, as I finally have time to truly get started on this. While I agree with the consensus here, and understand about fade, doesn't it make sense that if someone has matched this, the base color they started with is a good starting point for me?

#7 8 years ago

Well, never mind. Once I hit it with Naptha, I figured out there's about 3 shades of purple on here anyway.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/target-alpha-playfield-resotration-does-anyone-have-color-matches and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.