• 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Shredso
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TA start up (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shredso.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I'm punishing myself with another EM. Hopefully I can get this one 100% before I get frustrated and sell it. I've been working on it for a few hours and I've made some progress, but I'm at the point where I'm lost.

Reset sequence does everything I think it should up until the player unit should spin and activate Z1 to reset scores. The player unit never does anything. If I manually move the player unit I can get it to reset scores and start a game. Once I start a game it's forever player one ball 1 because the player unit never moves.

I do have a schematic, but I don't fully understand it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

#2 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure I found it. Cleaned the switches on motor 1. Didn't do anything. Physically pushed on them during reset and score reels moved. Seems to be working now. I need a better file.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Keep at it; TA is worth it! You have the schematic?

I do have the schematic. A nice original along with the manual came with the game.

It is a great game, this is my 3rd one! It's also the first game I ever bought.

I batted the ball around for a bit starting 2, 3 and 4 player games. Everything seems to be working great now. In the process of tearing it down. With any luck I'll have it up and running again by the weekend, or whenever my parts come in.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Have you checked the score motor runout switch, inside sw. 1C, for cleanliness and solid contact?

It was the bottom switch in the stack, I believe it was 1A if I'm reading it correctly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shredso.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/target-alpha-player-unit-never-moves?tu=Shredso and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.