• Latest reply 3 years ago by Budski
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16043619574781495884613971847227 (resized).jpg
Target Alpha Player Unit (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Budski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I have everything working on my second TA with the exception of Player 3 10,000 scoring reel not resetting. The scoring motor does not keep running and the game starts and plays as it should. Ive cleaned and gapped both the thousands and ten thousands scoring reels. Ive also cleaned and gapped the Z2 switches. If the ten thousands is set to 9 it will reset to zero.

#3 3 years ago

Thank you, I'll give that a try.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Peruman:

Budski, check the 10,000 scoring reel switch stack versus the 10,000 scoring reel switch stack on players 1, 2, or 4. From what you described it sounds like that switch stack on the non-resetting reel is not setup properly. When you check the switch stack, don't go by just looking at it, I would use a meter to measure the resistances.
Regards,
Alberto

Well you win the prize. It was working but was not moving the tangs enough to reset. Looks like the second slot from the bottom got hot and fused itself to the nylon slot. That made it sit lower and also made the movement stiff so it restricted its movement.

I've not seen that before.

16043619574781495884613971847227 (resized).jpg16043619574781495884613971847227 (resized).jpg
#7 3 years ago

I hate the Chicago Coin and early Stern scoring reels. Hard to adjust and get the numbers lined up in the scoring windows.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Budski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/target-alpha-player-3-resetting?tu=Budski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.