Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
img129 (resized).jpg
TA (2) (resized).jpg
TA score motor (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Boy, well 2 steps forward ...one step back....the game is now playing, ball kicking out everything working ok. Except now it's not adding players after player one. Instead when you hit the reset button it just resets player one.

#2 6 years ago

One strange thing is when you hit reset it adds 10 points to player 1 and then resets player one.

#3 6 years ago

And now no lights at all on the back box????

#4 6 years ago

The issue with adding players would be related to the coin unit. Check the switches that send power to the "add coin unit" coil. I believe these switches would be at the U relay, the S relay and score motor switch 1D. Make sure these switches are clean and adjusted properly..

For adding 10 points during start up, there might be a playfield scoring switch that is adjusted too closely. Or the 10 point relay switches might need adjustment.

No lights in the backbox is usually a Jones plug issues. Disconnect the Jones plugs in the backbox and make sure they are clean. Re-seat the Jones plugs...

#5 6 years ago

Lights was a fuse, found that.

#6 6 years ago

You may have done something in the score motor on the last problem. It looks like 1B might cover both problems; DX is your first ball relay. Or you may have done something on 2B; "P" is the Add Player unit. Also, look at the Replay Button relay circuit, right above the circled Start relay.

TA score motor (resized).jpgTA score motor (resized).jpg

TA (2) (resized).jpgTA (2) (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago

K thanks again, I will check as soon as I can. Also the back box light fuse blew again..so there's probably a short there, it blew right at the end of a turn...was ok during play. Although I put a 10 amp I'm it as I didn't have a fifteen.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Metropolis:

it's not adding players after player one. Instead when you hit the reset button it just resets player one.

Quoted from Metropolis:

One strange thing is when you hit reset it adds 10 points to player 1 and then resets player one.

A stuck playfield switch would cause both of those problems.

#10 6 years ago

So I'm going over all the drop target switches, they seem to be adjusted right...but now I'm getting a repeating chime and it's constantly adding ten points.

#11 6 years ago

Bumper switch.

#12 6 years ago

Do you mean pop bumper? I thought they were 100pts?

#13 6 years ago

Were you able to rule out the possible cause I mentioned in post #9 above?

#14 6 years ago

I went over all the ten point switches twice so far.

#15 6 years ago

No, the rubber bumpers. They're the only 10 pt. switches on TA.

#16 6 years ago

Ok check those tomorrow, thanks again

#17 6 years ago

So I had a look at the bumpers, adjusted them...looked ok but I put the meter on them for continuety and it beeped as they were all closed?

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Metropolis:

So I had a look at the bumpers, adjusted them...looked ok but I put the meter on them for continuety and it beeped as they were all closed?

They can seem closed when they're not because of continuity elsewhere. To use a meter you have to unsolder one side of the switch.

#19 6 years ago

Ok I'll have to wait until the wife wakes up to try it lol....thanks again.

#20 6 years ago

Uhg! Just tried it, still repeatedly dinging out tens. All switches open?

#21 6 years ago

None of those switches were closed? Skip the meter and try blocking one at a time. You have to have something pulling the 10 pt. relay.

img129 (resized).jpgimg129 (resized).jpg

#22 6 years ago

I'm still pretty new at this, what's a good way to block them?

#23 6 years ago

I cut up an old credit card and put a piece between each switch leaf and the steel stopper..I did that as it was adding "tens" one at a time... through all nine switches. No luck?

#24 6 years ago

I understand "No luck?" to mean that you didn't find anything out from that test and you're wondering what to do next.

- You can try unplugging the playfield Jones plugs and see if that helps.
- If that localizes the problem to the playfield, the next easiest thing is to look closely at each switch.

There are other things to try but best to start with the easiest.

#25 6 years ago

Did you block the contacts? That's what matters.

#26 6 years ago

Yes I blocked all the contacts, I tried blocking them all ( the bumpers)... thinking maybe two were closed...no luck there...I unplugged the play field. It stopped..so it must be a switch. I guess I'll try to unsolder each one at a time and check with a meter.

#27 6 years ago

What about the 10 pt. relay and player 1 add 10's? Switches all good and gapped correctly?

#28 6 years ago

Checked the 10 point relay "N"....player 1 add tens switch is in the player unit stepper in the back box?

#29 6 years ago

Player 1 score reel. But actually since it stopped it wouldn't be that.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Metropolis:

I guess I'll try to unsolder each one at a time and check with a meter.

You might first unsolder the 10 point wire from the Jones plug just to make sure.

#31 6 years ago

Ok I found it! It was one of the back drop target switches....but now it resets the score reels but the score motor keeps running.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Metropolis:

it resets the score reels but the score motor keeps running.

These switches run the motor. Is the Start relay (S) staying energized?

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#33 6 years ago

That's really weird because those targets score 300 on hit and then the 1000 bonus when the ball drains.

#34 6 years ago

No, the s relay isn't staying energized... Currie, it's on 5 Player???

#35 6 years ago

Do you mean 5 balls? That's the score you get with that. More for 3 ball.

#36 6 years ago

Yes it's on 5 balls.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Metropolis:

the s relay isn't staying energized.

Then check the switches that run the motor.

#38 6 years ago

Ugh, now I hit reset and nothing happens, and Q is pulled in.

#39 6 years ago

I've had this problem B4, checking notes lol.

#40 6 years ago

There are a few things that can activate the Game Over (Q) relay. Most likely the Hold (R) relay isn't activating.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/target-alpha-only-1-player?hl=fredsmythson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.