Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

When I turn it on Q is energized..the coin door relay is also energized..but I hit the reset button and nothing happens.. and the score motor isn't turning

#2 6 years ago

There are a few things that can activate the Game Over (Q) relay. Most likely the Hold (R) relay isn't activating.

#3 6 years ago

Games normally come up in game over... Do you have credits on the credit unit? If so check the contacts on the credit unit.. Cir Dia?

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Games normally come up in game over... Do you have credits on the credit unit? If so check the contacts on the credit unit.. Cir Dia?

We've been over this already on another thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/target-alpha-startup

#5 6 years ago

And Im suppose to track this? better description on the problem would help.

#6 6 years ago

It has credits,there are no lights on the coin door.. if I manually push in the gold relay the game over relay comes out...but there's still no lights on the coin door and nothing happens when you hit reply. Score motor isn't turning at all.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Metropolis:

I hit the reset button and nothing happens.

If the Replay Button (V) relay doesn't activate when you press the reset button, here's the circuit to diagnose.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#8 6 years ago

Thank you again, this is my first machine and not an easy on to start with...but I'm learning and determined to get this old girl running well. So I appreciate the help.

#9 6 years ago

I just checked that other thread and he's having the exact same problem as before. If you were able to fix it before, then do the same thing you did before.

I'm putting my money on the Jones plugs though. Take them apart and clean and polish them all up to make sure they are making contact.

#10 6 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-efficiently-ask-for-pinball-repair-help-em

Read this too. If you ask properly you will get a lot more help and might actually have success fixing your problem.
Everyone has had a first machine, but if you don't figure out how to effeciently ask questions your never going to learn.

#11 6 years ago

Thanks again, the problem with the Q relay is the same, the difference is there is no power to the replay button....I have some time tomorrow..and will go over both those circuts....I will polish the Jones plugs too....there maybe something there I pulled them, trying to.diagnose the play field switch problem.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

And Im suppose to track this? better description on the problem would help.

Sorry pinhead52 , my comment was meant for the OP... who needs to keep track of threads

#13 6 years ago

Ok I have this issue fixed....I made a set of jumper clips. So much easier to troubleshoot.

#14 6 years ago

What was the problem then?

#15 6 years ago

It was the make/break switch on the DX. Those are really tricky to get adjusted perfectly...so little travel room. I am getting better at it...takes a little practice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/target-alpha-no-start and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.