Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Snippet3-from-pinside-Work-01 (resized).jpg
TA (resized).jpg
TA (2) (resized).jpg
TMPDOODLE1508695182598 (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

So, slowly working the bugs out.Still waiting for the schematic to come. Game playing good except no bonuses score when the ball drains for any of the targets. The lights come on, the special will lite up. Any ideas?

TMPDOODLE1508695182598 (resized).jpgTMPDOODLE1508695182598 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Check out the sequence running up to the 1000 pt. relay, esp. the G (Bonus Score Control) relay. If not that, check the SM switches.

TA (2) (resized).jpgTA (2) (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

Under the playfield is the bonus unit. This is the first area to check. I take it you are not hearing a coil firing 15 times quickly after each ball. It is supposed to count through all of the 15 targets after each ball and give bonus for those that are lit. There are leaf switches on the bonus unit that tell the game when it has completed the count. Check all of the switches on that unit and also make sure both coils have no broken wires etc.

#4 6 years ago

Yes, I don't hear the 15 count...I just hear a bzzzzt. Sound. I have some time tomorrow so I will check all of these things.

#5 6 years ago

Ok, great news the bonus is counting now.The "G" relay looked good but closed one switch a hair tighter and bingo.....but it's slow, not like a machine gun but more chugga, chugga... going to clean up the solinoids and links to see if that helps.

#6 6 years ago

Ok, getting close.... bonus works good but slow...now if I hold the "G" relay in I'm getting that wonderful machine gun sound....love it!!!.... does the "R" relay hold it in???

#7 6 years ago

Sorry my computer is down...so I'm only on my phone...hard to read the schematic.... phone is cracked too lol.

#8 6 years ago

Looks like there are a couple of M/B sw. involved: one on the DX and one on the Bonus unit. Check those.

TA (resized).jpgTA (resized).jpg

#9 6 years ago

Checked the DX, seems ok. By bonus unit... Do you mean the one for the fifteen count on the stepper itself?

#10 6 years ago

Yes, under the playfield.

#11 6 years ago

Ok ,I checked them they seem ok.....when the bonus is counting down, the G relay is clicking on and off. It all works correctly, just slow because is not staying down the whole time???

#12 6 years ago

Did you check the various score motor switches? Look at both schematics.

#13 6 years ago

I'll check those next, my silly job is interfering with my pinball obsession....will report back...and thanks again .

#14 6 years ago

The contacts might look ok but are they cleaned & gaped right?

#15 6 years ago

I believe they are, if I hold the G in it works as it should.... machine gun ratatatatat.

#16 6 years ago

Hi
I use currieddog snippet of schematics - along "green lines" the "Initial-Current" flows - the G-Relay pulls-in - closes its Self-Hold-Switch (, lets the motor run) --- along "red lines" the "Self-Hold-Circuitry" is established ((( - motor-1C then opens and cut "green lines" - no problem as "red lines" functions***))) --- when all is done: The "15th. Pos. Bonus-Unit" Switch cuts "red lines" - end of feature.

Your "red lines do not function*** - maybe a switch, maybe a Jones-Plug in the connection - maybe a wire in the connection (?)
. Greetings Rolf

Snippet3-from-pinside-Work-01 (resized).jpgSnippet3-from-pinside-Work-01 (resized).jpg

#17 6 years ago

Good thought on Jones plugs, Rolf.

#18 6 years ago

But it is working, just slowly, correct?

#19 6 years ago

Yes working slowly, I worked in all the Jones plugs when I first got the machine. It's probably why it started for me , when the seller said it didn't start.

#20 6 years ago

Ok , I went over this circuit and checked everything. Everything was good but the N/C switch on the bonus was open....I adjusted and verified it's closed and open on the 15 count. Now it doesn't score bonus and doesn't kick the ball out.

#21 6 years ago

Which NC switch (wire colors)? And that is G or Bonus unit? Did you ever get to the sm switches?

#22 6 years ago

Working!!!!!....it was the switch on the stepper that opens after the 15 count.....I must have knocked something out doing continuity tests. I went over the DX and the P and voila!!!!thanks everyone!!!!....just need to clean up the credit wheel, and I believe she's 100%!!!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/target-alpha-no-bonus?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.