You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN0794.jpg
IMG_50721.jpg
image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Can someone with one of the machines in the Topic line please post a picture of the wiring on their chime box? Just looking for pictures to compare to please!

#2 8 years ago

The wiring colors are likely different among those games, but the schematic will show the specific per chime if needed. (And then the black wire goes to the lug with the common blue bridge wire.)

#3 8 years ago

This is from el dorado image.jpgimage.jpg

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

The wiring colors are likely different among those games, but the schematic will show the specific per chime if needed. (And then the black wire goes to the lug with the common blue bridge wire.)

Yeah understand as the wires I have are (the wires you see in my picture are not the color in the machine as I needed to add extensions):
Orange / orange tracer
Black
Brown / white tracer
Grey (I think it's solid grey but being old it's hard to tell)

but what I was looking for is to see if others had diodes on them. I am trying to help someone out on this game but the schematics I have I can't read as it's a poor copy.

I know the black will go to the lug with the blue bridge as this feed power to the other coils but when I put the other wires to the remaining three lugs it blows the fuse. Even if I put one wire to the lug as soon as I hit a target that activates that coil it blows the fuse!

Appreciate the help as I am, by no means, a technician!

IMG_50721.jpgIMG_50721.jpg

#5 8 years ago

No, there shouldn't be diodes on those coils, as they're not on a DC circuit (at least not in El Dorado, Gold Strike, or Target Alpha; I'd assume not for Canada Dry either).

Which game is it? (That would be easier to directly confirm then.)

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Which game is it? (That would be easier to directly confirm then.)

Canada Dry

Thanks DF!!!

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Canada Dry
Thanks DF!!!

Well then, I can't say for sure, but it being still a 1976 title, I wouldn't expect it. Gottlieb didn't start using DC to some coils until '77-'78.

Do you know if those are replacement coils just installed? If so, then probably just came with the diodes, and they should be removed.

#8 8 years ago

Solar City photo. This may help.
DSCN0794.JPGDSCN0794.JPG

#9 8 years ago

Are there any other diodes across coils?

Do you see a rectifier anywhere?

What's the chances that someone went and converted some or all of the game to DC?

#10 8 years ago

I went ahead and removed the diodes and the chime box is now working and the fuse is not blowing. To confirm the chimes should be ....

10 Points - the small chime should ring
100 Points - the medium (middle) chime should ring ??
1000 Points - the long chime should ring

Is this correct? Should it chime at any other points in the game (i.e. upon start-up etc.)?

Thanks again all for the assistance!

#11 8 years ago

Yes, correct. No chimes on start-up. Only on scoring...

#12 8 years ago

Thanks all for the assistance!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/target-alpha-el-dorado-gold-strike-canada-dry-pic-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.