Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by frb
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I am restoring a TA and have run into a strange issue with the 10 target drop bank. The target bank works great except if there are no targets up when it resets, all targets come up but don't latch in the up position. They just all fall back down. However, if there is even one target up when the targets reset, they reset no problem. This behavior is consistent. It happens every time in the exact same way.

Any experts out there have any ideas on this one?

#2 7 years ago

I might have an idea.
There is a metal bar that runs along the top of all 10 target triggers, or fingers. If 1 or more targets are up at time of reset, this bar is held up by those up targets and does not add extra resistance or weight to the reset sequence. If ALL targets are down, this bar falls and rest on all the triggers and must be pushed up along with the 10 targets.
Maybe this is just enough weight or resistance to stop the assembly short of reset. A thorough examination of this area for binding, dirt, wear, grease and the trigger fingers for wear may help.
You should be able to adjust the reset height also if needed. Also check the reset bar as alot of times the spot welds that hold the lift bar cover on break loose.

#3 7 years ago

Yes, everything that OCD said, and also check both of the reset coil fuses. One of the fuses might be blown, in which case you are only getting 1/2 of the reset power you are supposed to be getting.

- TimMe

#4 7 years ago

Great information, OCD and TimMe! I will check all that out, thank you both.

#5 7 years ago

I have also had to resleave the coils and clean plunger because of grime.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/target-alpha-drop-target-reset-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.