(Topic ID: 205933)

Target Alpha bonus does not score 15th target?

By 4Max

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by 4Max
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 4Max.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

First, Happy Christmas/Holidays/New year fellow pinsiders.

Been fixing up a TA, and got everything working correctly except cannot get the 1,000 points for the lower target on the lower 5 bank. All the others score ok. The bonus stepper counts all the way clockwise and finishes on the final two brass rivets (blue wire, #14 on the schematic) which is I believe the target in question.
bonus (resized).JPGbonus (resized).JPG

I have the schematic but found this Gottlieb bonus design very confusing! It seems from above that G must be closed, but as per this snippet the 15th position switch opens when the bonus unit gets to that final position so how does the final 1000 get scored?

IMG_5427b (resized).jpgIMG_5427b (resized).jpg

I searched pinside and came across this post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/target-alpha-bonus-issues#post-2327862
And then could not figure out of my 4D switches closed at the right time. Mine looks like the "correct" one in the post above, but I could not reconcile that with the score motor chart
score (resized).jpgscore (resized).jpg
Looks to me that 4D should be closed same time as 1C, so I made a new blade, see below, so 4D closes when 1C is closed.
IMG_5434b (resized).jpgIMG_5434b (resized).jpg
The old switch is shown here, but this was activating 4D on and off again just before 1C (meaning just before motor came to rest).
IMG_5436b (resized).jpgIMG_5436b (resized).jpg
Anyway, replacing the blade seemed to make no difference to anything - including target 15 still not scoring!

I hope this is not too long and the experts can chime in with advice. thanks and Happy New Year.

#6 6 years ago

Thank you everyone. Jeff that link was exactly what I needed, in fact therefore thanks to newmantjn (picture tells a 1000 words and all that). Mine had indeed been set to start on the first rivet, rather than the second one, so it was releasing the 15th pos switch too early as it was finishing on the last rivet and not the bakelite.

Now scoring correctly!

Will start anther thread on that score motor chart, not that seems to have affected it, but more just for my further education.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 4Max.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/target-alpha-bonus-does-not-score-15th-target?tu=4Max and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.