Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

Good afternoon everyone.
I just bought a Target Alpha´s Gottlieb EM with a bad condition of everything. Step by step I had restoring a lot of parts as AS relay, flipper stucked and score reels stucked as well but now I have a issue that I can no fix. I go to explain:
- I start a single player, then the things follow like this:
- Player 1, ball 1, score 1 OK (no ball in play light)
- Player 1, ball 2 in score 2, BAD
- Player 1, ball 3 in score 3, BAD
- After that, Game Over
No match feature working too.
Multi-player 1-4 working perfectly.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!!

#2 2 years ago

Hi Kruger, Welcome to pinside!

Quoted from Deejaykruger:

- Player 1, ball 2 in score 2, BAD
- Player 1, ball 3 in score 3, BAD

Can you be specific?

- Player 1, ball 1, score 1 OK (no ball in play light)

Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-big-shot-repair#post-6305153
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features
Example of a pinsider actually doing this https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/red-baron-tech-question#post-5858156

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 2 years ago

Thanks for your fast help.
I gonna check that circuit when I´m home.
To be more specific, ball in play 1 lights some times playing in multi-player mode, never light in single player.
By the way, score 1 illumination non working when play in any modes, rest of score has illumination. When game over, all scores has lights.
Thanks again!

#4 2 years ago

Thanks for your fast help.
I gonna check that circuit when I´m home.
To be more specific, ball in play 1 lights some times playing in multi-player mode, never light in single player.
By the way, score 1 illumination non working when play in any modes, rest of score has illumination. When game over, all scores has lights.
Thanks again!

Hi again my friend!
I tried to check jumping and nothing happens. It’s difficult because I cannot see the colors of wires, every cables are brown about bad conservation
I tried another thing: I start in 4 players mode and I manual move player unit 360° to be home position again and ball in play 1 is lite
I don’t know what’s happening...

#5 2 years ago

I tried another thing: I start in 4 players mode and I manual move player unit 360° to be home position again and ball in play 1 is lite
I don’t know what’s happening...

Then there's something different about the player unit disk and wipers from before you move the player unit to after.
Next time player 1 ball in play light is off when it should be on, gently push each wiper toward the disk while watching the ball in play light.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Then there's something different about the player unit disk and wipers from before you move the player unit to after.
Next time player 1 ball in play light is off when it should be on, gently push each wiper toward the disk while watching the ball in play light.

Thanks friend! one wiper had bad contact in player unit, problem 1 solved!
My second problem is no light in score 1
and my third problem is about playing single player: ball one in score one, ball two in score two and ball 3 in score 3
Thanks for your time...

#7 2 years ago

Thanks friend! one wiper had bad contact in player unit, problem 1 solved!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"6057812d1124d9f5ebe97d340d09c0e5dd99ea67-1627061065-1800"};
//]]>

My second problem is no light in score 1
and my third problem is about playing single player: ball one in score one, ball two in score two and ball 3 in score 3
Thanks for your time...

Update:
Single player working fine now! Some switches was closed in player unit (P1G, P3G and P4G) I putted a gap and voila!
Now I’m fighting to achieve score one with light
Any idea?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/target-alpha-ball-in-play-and-players-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.